Care to share tips for the new slave (aka me)?

Snakemaru

I've downloaded this game months ago but only now I'm about to focus on playing it.

I have already downloaded/installed the latest patch last night and have done the tutorial.

However, I always get disconnected from the server when I'm about to set-up my 1st gladiator last night so I decided to take a break.

I'm about to tackle it again later so I came here seeking for tips/heads-up on how to play this game (and get all the trophies).

Thanks in advance. :)

i can offer help here.

#1 your 1st goal is to get you character to lvl 10. when the concentrate all your enery on the trident & spear guys picking 1 of these gladiators to is KEY.

if you use a trident guy then use the combo down direction & triangle or if using the spear guys use direction towards the opponent & square, square, triangle.

both characters are really good with these combos.

#2 once you get lvl 20 then the armour & weapons pick up & start to show worth but your still a long way off. you should start purchasing dual dagger & sword (1 & 2 handed) & practice bk in the starting arena with them. dual dagger combo is down square, & also towards the opponent & triangle works well. dual swords is down square this is so fast & almost unblockable & 2 handed swords is down square or towards the opponent & square square triangle.

#3 once you master these start with the map (only now as it saves you so much money this way trust me i died & wasted a tonne of time trying them 1st)

#4 THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. PICK GUYS THAT COST 11 GOLD THEY HAVE 5 PERK SLOTS. EACH CHARACTER GETS SENT OFF TO THE HIGH FAME ARENA & ONLY WALKS OUT WITH THE BEST PERKS. like jupiters might, jupiters luck, apollo's blessing. speed & damage perks basically & only gold colour 1s.

you will know the game backwards & perform combos effectively by now so walk through your opponents.

#5 lastly you can just jump online & boost to lvl 50 & earn 6 trophies quickly in this process that are not district or legend defeat related. vidi vici veni, hardened for battle, rejected by hell, without mercy, wel versed in weaponry. ask some1 nicely to pick a legend character for legendary victory as 6th.

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab334/danecollins22/reymyesterio_zps01b20cdd.png

Wow! Those are a lot of helpful tips, Raz619. Thanks! :)

I am now at level 11 and I think I'm getting the hang of things. I have defeated all Primus and Legendary gladiators of districts prior to coming to Insulae district.

I have also bought 2 Legendary gladiators and added them to my roster (double daggers and spear and shield).

I've managed to beat them with a normal (white) double sword gladiator spamming down, square, square, square. hehe

Some more questions please:

1. Will there come a time that I'll be able to upgrade/change the equipment of legendary gladiators or those are already fixed with them.

2. If they (legendaries) will not be upgradeable, then the Purple gladiators with 4 perk slots will eventually surpass them - in stats, equipment and able to select the perks of choosing. Is that right?

yes what i did was find out what the legends perks are & i just basically copy them with few alterations here & there. your white guys will not surpass them nor the green but once you reach 30 they will easily beat them. im lvl 33.5 now with yellow dudes (legends) i face purple guys who reach 500rating points. i still perfect them with only 342 rating guys.

also you cant ever change a legendary guy example spartacus he'l always stay the same. personally i never buy them when they die no amount of money revives them :( once past 33 everything weapon wise costs gold till lvl 35 when it goes bk to silver again.

hope this helped out

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab334/danecollins22/reymyesterio_zps01b20cdd.png

^ Thanks again for the reply.

Sadly, I lost a legendary gladiator last night and yes, they cannot be revived with silvers but can be purchased again from the market - with gold again.

I don't think I'll buy another legendary gladiator. I'll just work may way to that required level where I can buy Purple guys with 4 empty perk slots for silver.

I am also quite fascinated with some of my 420 silver white guys beating legendary gladiators. hehe