Rate the trophy difficulty  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.65

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

Gave it a four. Takes a few hours to figure things out but once you learn what works for the various styles and what the AI is weak against it's really not difficult. Just a long ass grind to level 50.

I'm level 36 currently, and while the AI difficulty does scale up a little bit every time you level, I highly doubt it gets hard and it's a mute point for me anyway since I mostly fight online now as it's a lot less boring when there's actually a chance you might lose.

Ya actually in hindsight I feel like 4 was probably too high and 3 would be more accurate. Even if you were having problems with any of the Primus fights you could just grind your way to better equipment and you even get fame and coin for losing so really the trophies are an inevitability if you are capable of mashing buttons.

• 2 weeks later...

It is definitely a 3 for my vote as well, nothing too difficult even if at times the AI has it's difficult moments. A few levels more and I will be receiving my last trophy, of course it is in this point where trying to level up feels like an eternity.

• 4 weeks later...
By the way if the 5 people you are referring to is from psnprofiles, 3 of those hacked it, so really two people have earned it legit. I've talked to both about it and one of them esitmated 250-300 hours.

lol, am I reading that correctly? +250 hours? for some bronze trophies and a gold? I wouldn't put it that kind of time for a platinum. The game looks really monotonous, so I'll probably put in an hour or two and see how many easy trophies I can rake in, and then call it a day.

Edited by elcactus

lol, am I reading that correctly? +250 hours? for some bronze trophies and a gold? I wouldn't put it that kind of time for a platinum. The game looks really monotonous, so I'll probably put in an hour or two and see how many easy trophies I can rake in, and then call it a day.

You can get all the trophies in 7-10 hours except the gold one which is 200+ hours. It is pretty monotonous. Only way really to reduce the monotony of grinding to level 50 is to play online against other people but then you are substituting monotony for frustration as the online is riddled with bugs and rage quitters.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it will be 250+ hours, I got to level 25 in around ten. Granted, it was double xp weekend mostly, but I'm planning on waiting til the next double xp weekend to continue grinding anyway. I can see it being about a 25-50 hour grind with double xp. I hope, haha.

• 1 month later...

I must have a fundamental block against improving in this game. I can't beat anyone with anything...Most fighting games I can at least pick up well enough to complete single player, even if I never become much of a challenge against other players, but this thing?

Seriously, I was wondering if it was just me or everyone, now I know: just me :mad:

EDIT: OMG even with dual daggers and spamming quick attacks no one can be beat! The entire internet says this works, with me it fails. Game is impossible. 10 difficulty for sure.

Edited by Rule the Heretic

• 5 weeks later...
I must have a fundamental block against improving in this game. I can't beat anyone with anything...Most fighting games I can at least pick up well enough to complete single player, even if I never become much of a challenge against other players, but this thing?

Seriously, I was wondering if it was just me or everyone, now I know: just me :mad:

EDIT: OMG even with dual daggers and spamming quick attacks no one can be beat! The entire internet says this works, with me it fails. Game is impossible. 10 difficulty for sure.

Double swords, hold the left stick down and mash square over and over. You'll do a swing up, a swing down and a strong swing sideways that breaks shields. I haven't died in over 300 games.

• 1 month later...

^ I agree. Dual swords is the way to go in grinding against the enemy AI. Keep pressing down on the L3 stick and smash square button. It will make a 3-hit combo starting with a lower swipe followed by an uppercut (can hit jumping opponents) and for last, a standing swipe to the chest/face of the enemy. Usually, if the 2nd attack hit the enemy (even when blocked) then most likely the last hit will damage him.

As for the difficulty rating, I'll give it a 5.

Once you mastered the Dual swords smash, you can quite easily defeat legendary AI gladiators.

It's just the loooooong grind to Level 50 that may put you to snoozeville.

Edited by Snakemaru

i truly give it 3 but i only vote honestly after completely finishing. b4 it was able to be boosted i gave this a 3 coz you had to play against ai who are strong & to beat them match them in stats & perks to counter act them effectively, this requires a lot of time. servers constantly down & guys quitting mid match online, in general fun but annoyingly to long far to long.

then boosting wager matches became available but i earned more in $ & FAME together by just playing SP. i defeated the spartus 3x & completed the challenge, which leads to me this the challenges, these are gr8 & really breaks up the length of the grind & you receive gold,xp,silver & banner items so these help a big bunch.

then we had 2x xp & half price fame tokens, i actually was swayed to buying 50gold 'WOW' & completed the shield challenge receiving 40gold & lvl45 challenge receiving 20golg. so i went & boosted the hell outta it in this period, where i was 4hrs a lvl jump previously i was going up hourly now :)

i must give this a 2 due to this online boost you can just go lvl 50 1st & then go SP & win effortlessly.

i love hack & slash games i dont feel theres enough of them. this was a gr8 game showing a challenge but all in all LONG

http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab334/danecollins22/reymyesterio_zps01b20cdd.png

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/raz619.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...