Space Invaders Infinity Gene Flying To XBLA And PSN

http://i36.tinypic.com/5pg6dx.jpg

Last year Space Invaders Infinity Gene hit the iPhone. The game draws inspiration from techno-infused trance games like Geometry Wars and Pac-Man Championship Edition. Soon those without Apple's smart phone will be able to enjoy the game on XBLA and PSN.

In Infinity Gene the action switches between varying perspectives, so you're not restricted to simple top-down 2D. There's also a lot of cool wire-frame animation and particle effects. Check it out on PS3 and 360 this September.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Space Invaders is the most over done "revival" game ever?

There is Space Invaders Extreme, Extreme 2, Get Even, Revolution, Anniversary, and those are just the ones released in the last 2 years.

Enough with the Space Invaders revivals. Geeze. Just give me Centipede or something.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Space Invaders is the most over done "revival" game ever?

There is Space Invaders Extreme, Extreme 2, Get Even, Revolution, Anniversary, and those are just the ones released in the last 2 years.

Enough with the Space Invaders revivals. Geeze. Just give me Centipede or something.

i would be annoyed by it except all the redesigns are pretty fun. makes you realize how crappy the original is.