Powers/Weapons sometimes don't glint?

I seem to have this with Butters first power, when I select it he will go into the power animation but the weapon won't glint even if I press X at the right time, so then he just drops it and it says it was too late :confused:.

I also found that even if the weapon glints, and I press the correct button it sometimes doesn't do the move with specific items like the broken bottle.

Has anyone else found this, or maybe its just my controller not registering the buttons? I'm just not sure :think:

I have run into the issue where the button is pressed and I don't get proper credit but not the one where the glinting doesn't happen. With regards to Butters' first power he will actually get a yellow flash behind him, rather than his weapon glinting. Is that not happening either? If so that kind of breaks the game.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're talking about the hammer throw, you have to spin LS counter-clockwise to 'power' the move, only when it's spun will you get the glint to throw the hammer.

I had trouble getting some of the abilities going until I realised they all work differently. You need to check the control tab to see what each move requires (hover over an enemy after selecting the ability.. the control tab should be at the bottom of the screen).

Other moves only use Square, not X.