Anyone else get a refund on this?

Hi,

Well I was playing this for a few hours when the game started censoring the space ship scenes. Then and there I decided I was gonna get my money back.

I went on to finish the game anyway and even though it was fairly good those censored scenes left a sour taste in my mouth I wasn't going to forgive.

Where I live in Australia the game cost $80 and has a rating of R18+. After watching what I'd missed out on via youtube I couldn't believe what was censored given how much worse we get in other video games.

So I went and got my $80 back and put it towards another game.

Has anyone else gone and done this?

Especially, were you pissed off like I was that they made a joke that we couldn't play it in full rather than just delete stuff altogether?

Thanks american guys. But I don't need to get the game again as I've finished it.

I was just wondering if anyone had gone and got a refund because they didn't get the full experience they paid for. After all its money you can get back so why not??

Thanks american guys. But I don't need to get the game again as I've finished it.

I was just wondering if anyone had gone and got a refund because they didn't get the full experience they paid for. After all its money you can get back so why not??

I misunderstood you. Thought you just returned it in as soon as you found out the game was cendored it some parts. Without even playing it :p

• 2 weeks later...
I too am from Australia.. but I learnt my lesson years ago.. never buy games from Australia.. 100%+ over priced, and most likely censored

I see your from Melbourne check out a site called Dungeon Crawl if your worried about games not being over priced

as for this censor stuff with this game are you really worried about the things peteM1911, You basically get the idea what happens from reading and not like it changes the game in a major way.

• 7 months later...

Before I joined this site, I didn't realize how much other countries censor games. I guess I, like many others, are kinda purists when it comes to our games. I don't want it to be censored unless it was made that way by the game makers intentionally (maybe a gag or something).

I would just import. They're usually a lot cheaper than Australia and UK.

I would say the same about Japanese games but they get it worst and importers, even more so. JP games are censored (to the UK extent in most cases) and the game prices are extraordinarily high when compared to US game prices.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, there's your problem. Move to North America and you won't get censored games anymore. Although you'll have to deal with all the baggage that comes with living in an extreme politically dichotomized country like the U.S. Or go to Canada, eh

Canada's version of the game only works on the NES