Is this game suitable for people who do not watch South Park?

Greetings,

This is my situation. This game really grabbed my attention, but I've watched only 2 episodes of the show in my entire life. I don't even know the characters' name.

Is it just aimed for the fans of the show or can someone who don't know anything enjoy it? I know there'll be lots of references to episodes and I won't understand it, but it seemed nice... I wish I used to watch it... but there is no way right now...

What would you suggest? Should I keep away from it or should I give it a shot?

Thank you.

You don't need to have watched the show to enjoy the game. It helps, but you don't need to. They really don't reference anything from the show, but they don't explain any of the characters or really introduce them, they just figure you already know everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
They really don't reference anything from the show, but they don't explain any of the characters or really introduce them, they just figure you already know everyone.

Hahaha That's good.

There is a reference to the show around every corner, in every house, in every music played, and every quote made.

I would say no. I love South Park, and oved every second of it. Even though PoD says there's no references, there is. Half the game is references.

But yeah my friend is not a huge SP fan, but like the turn based thing. But he hated it. Didn't know what to do, and found all the jokes lame and childish.

So if you don't like all this humor and the style of South Park, it's gonna be a really long game.

Would probably avoid it if I didn't know or like the show. It's a good game, great tie in and they do a good job keeping jokes in that anyone will get, but it's a bit weak if you look at it purely as a game - plus some bugs around.

You don't need to have watched the show to enjoy the game. It helps, but you don't need to. They really don't reference anything from the show...

There's no references?

That's ignorant! I'm not just sure... I'm HIV positive. I'm super-duper cereal. You go to hell - you go to hell an you die! Respect my authori-tay! Screw you guys... I'm going home. That makes me a saaaaad panda. You wanna get high?

You don't need to have watched the show to enjoy the game. It helps, but you don't need to. They really don't reference anything from the show, but they don't explain any of the characters or really introduce them, they just figure you already know everyone.

I would disagree that they don't reference the show. There are many many many call backs to episodes from across the 15 or so seasons of South Park. With that said I do agree that the game would still be enjoyable without prior knowledge but you will miss out on many references to the source material.

It depends really. Me, a person who's watched every episode multiple times benefited alot from playing the game, mainly due to me being able to recognize most of the parallells to the show. You on the otherhand might get confused seeing as they rarely explain any of the jokes.

From a game standpoint= it's a really good game although mostly so for fans of the show

From a personal standpoint= It's a really well made game who has alot to offer for RPG-lovers out there!

Cheers my friend <3

We all beating around the original question. To sum it up if you never watch the serious then hey its too much material to go through. But if you enjoy gaming but don't mind mild to severe toilet humor. Go for it. This game is honestly a turn base slap stik toilet humor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never watched South Park, I only knew a little bit the main characters. I wasn't lost at all while playing the game and I had a lot of fun playing it. :applause:

I also liked the gameplay, I didn't know if I'd like it because I'm not too familiar with this kind of combat gameplay. It's very intuitive and not hard at all to understand. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Game is good enough for at least one playthrough if you're not fan of the show.

Game is funny even if you aren't fan of the show. Though it skews a bit more towards juvenile, but like a typical SP episode has enough smart humor to keep things balanced.

However, if you're fan of this show, this game is probably the best game ever. Well, at least the funniest game ever. The most throwaway element of any RPG, junk items meant to be sold, are easter eggs that callback to some of iconic moments from older episodes. Just reading item's name will recall the moment(s) and you will find yourself smiling as you replay that episode/clip in your head.

• 1 month later...