Could Sound Shapes' DLC trend possibly hurt future game sales?

Puzzler

I’ve just been thinking about this and was curious to know other people’s thoughts on the subject too.

I know I’m not the only one out there who thinks the Sound Shapes DLC situation is beyond a joke now, but personally I’d go as far as saying I wouldn’t even consider purchasing a potential Sound Shapes 2, for the sole reason of how the first game’s DLC has panned out. It wouldn’t even matter how good the game was, I just couldn’t be bothered getting into another repetitious cycle of downloading DLC packs over and over again, for barebones content - just a few cheap trophies. (As well as re-downloading the game each time and completing the tutorials).

And before someone comes in and says it….. yes I’m fully aware nobody is forcing me to buy the packs, but I don’t like losing my 100% completion due to something so trivial, and frankly, I get the feeling the developers know this will be the mindset of a fair few gamers out there and they’re simply taking advantage.

Personally I think future games sales could be negatively impacted; they’ve already lost one sale of Hohokum at the very least…

As I've said before, I think we as trophy hunters have this illusion that we're a majority in the gaming community. We're not. They won't lose sales due to lots of DLC and the few they do lose will be trivial.

Most people who purchase games do not care about trophies and there's even far fewer gamers who care that much about percentage ratio.

I don't allow anything relating to trophies keep me from buying a game. On the flip side I do play games I'd never play for trophies but I wouldn't not play a game because of something trophy related that I disagree with.

I'd gladly buy Sound Shapes 2. The first one is one of my favorite games.

Well 99 cent each time for 5 silver trophies that turn into 15 for me across the ps4,ps3 and vita i think is a bargin when you consider the price of some DLC thats out there.

I have to ask why do you need to keep playing the tutorial each time ? Do you keep deleteing the game for some reason ?

Edited by cloud25679

These 6x stack trophies and free (understand: 5 sec long) DLC trophies are basicly officially supported trophy hacks by Sony. Nobody can complain because it's supported by Sony, but technically it's the same. Buying trophies.

So yeah, I agree. I'm definitely not buying Sound Shapes and any games from these devs.

There goes 1 sale per game :whistle:

As I've said before, I think we as trophy hunters have this illusion that we're a majority in the gaming community. We're not. They won't lose sales due to lots of DLC and the few they do lose will be trivial.

Most people who purchase games do not care about trophies and there's even far fewer gamers who care that much about percentage ratio.

Oh I agree tuff (reading my initial post back I can see why you'd think otherwise though!). I realise we're a small bunch in the grand scheme of things, but even so, I think it's worthy of discussion :)

I don't allow anything relating to trophies keep me from buying a game.

For the most part I don't either, which is probably why I felt compelled to start this discussion in the first place.

These 6x stack trophies and free (understand: 5 sec long) DLC trophies are basicly officially supported trophy hacks by Sony. Nobody can complain because it's supported by Sony, but technically it's the same. Buying trophies.

So yeah, I agree. I'm definitely not buying Sound Shapes and any games from these devs.

There goes 1 sale per game :whistle:

This is some of the most dramatic garbage I've read on the site in a while lol Bravo dude, you've earned the drama queen of the day title from me.

I can tell you 100% I am not buying anymore games developed by them anymore.

I found Sound Shapes to be incredibly boring and all this DLC is just a money sink. IN the grand scheme of things I doubt it'll hurt them cause who really cares about them releasing so much money grabbing DLC besides a select few people.