PS4 sync error NP-32157-8

TheNukes

This error randomly affects all ps4 games and not just sound shapes and will prevent you from synching your trophies. The cause is unknown.

If you don't yet have 100%/Platinum in the game your having problems with first thing you should try is earn one or couple more trophies and attempt to sync again. Sometimes this resolves the problem.

If the above doesn't work you can attempt to rebuild the ps4 database by doing the following:

1. Turn off the system.

2. Hold your finger over the power button until you hear it beep twice, takes about 7 seconds.

3. Plug in the DS4 and hit the PS button. This will take you to Safe Mode.

4. Select "Rebuild Database".

5. Wait for it to finish then check on your trophies.

If you already have 100%/Platinum in the bugged game and you cant earn anymore trophies as well as rebuilding the database didn't work you will then need to delete and re-create your ps4 profile.

1. Backup your save files to PS+ cloud.

2. Create a new user, choose guest and don't link a psn account, he will be called User1 by default.

3. With User1 go to Settings -> Initialize and choose to delete your main profile. It will delete the save data and any bugged and un-synced trophies but will leave the downloaded games.

4. Create your main profile once again.

5. Earn the bugged trophies once more and it should sync.

Credit to divisortheory and RynseOut for extra solutions.

Edited by TheNukes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to just sync my data with the cloud but it keeps telling me "Unable to log into Sound Shapes Servers. Would you like to continue?" I'm guess there are a ton of people syncing the new trophies.

So no not the same error but still an error. This is on the Vita btw.

Edit: Just checked Twitter and they know it's not working. Back Soon it said.

Edited by skot071907

Seems to be only one way to fix this issue. It randomly affects all ps4 games and not just sound shapes and will prevent you from synching your trophies. You will need to delete the bugged trophies and re-earn them and that can only be done by deleting and re-creating your profile.

1. Backup your save files.

2. Create a new user, choose guest and don't link a psn account, he will be called User1 by default.

3. With User1 go to Settings and down to Initialize and choose to delete your profile. It will delete the save data and any bugged and un-synced trophies but will leave the downloaded games.

4. Create your main profile once again.

5. Go back and earn the bugged trophies once more and it should sync.

Thanks for the fix. I hoped that it wouldn't come down to deleting the profile.

But to make sure you have to download all the games again to your ps4 right?

Thanks for the fix. I hoped that it wouldn't come down to deleting the profile.

But to make sure you have to download all the games again to your ps4 right?

Negative. As long as you create another user first it keeps the games from being deleted.

Edited by TheNukes

I'm having the same issue. Won't sync Sound Shapes or Resogun. Resogun isn't even showing up in my profile, while Sound Shapes is displaying 0%. I don't want to have to play through Sound Shapes again so I'm really hoping Sony gets it fixed. I've sent a few messages on Twitter but haven't received a response.

I'm having the same issue. Won't sync Sound Shapes or Resogun. Resogun isn't even showing up in my profile, while Sound Shapes is displaying 0%. I don't want to have to play through Sound Shapes again so I'm really hoping Sony gets it fixed. I've sent a few messages on Twitter but haven't received a response.

I would not rely on Sony to get a fix out any time soon. They have much bigger issues that are probably taking priority and this isn't affecting that many people at the moment.

Use the cloud save to pop your trophies for sound shapes so no replay required. Resogun is a different story, will have to bite the bullet and re-earn those.

Edited by TheNukes

I would not rely on Sony to get a fix out any time soon. They have much bigger issues that are probably taking priority and this isn't affecting that many people at the moment.

Use the cloud save to pop your trophies for sound shapes so no replay required. Resogun is a different story, will have to bite the bullet and re-earn those.

I'm part of ps3/360 thl, I can't autopop them if I want credit for them. The Resogun trophies weren't hard, I'm just not going to work on Death Mode for SS and have to work on them again.

DO NOT DELETE YOUR PROFILE.

There is another way to fix this and you don't have to lose any trophies. I've done this myself, and I've talked to other people who have done this and it worked for all of them.

1) Open Notifications screen. You will probably see a trophy notification. If you do, click it to sync. That game should now upload. When you go to the trophy section from the XMB and try to sync, it will now get further than before, but not all the way. Also, you will see the game you just uploaded is correctly synced. (If you didn't see a trophy notification pending, just ignore this step).

2) Make a list of all the games that are not showing up when you view your trophies by going to Trophies under the XMB.

3) For each game on the list, go earn one trophy. It doesn't matter what trophy, just earn something.

4) The second you earn the trophy, hit the Playstation button, and go back up into Notifications. You shoudl see a notification entry for the trophy you just earned. Click it. This will fully sync that game and (if you're lucky) fix everything, even other games which you haven't earned a new trophy in yet.

Basically, there is one game blocking you, and you need to earn an additional trophy in that game and sync it manually through the notifications screen, and it fixes everything -- all your old unsynced trophies will sync after you get that one game synced. Since you don't know what game is blocking you, you just try each one that you know isn't synced, and eventually one of those will fix everything.

Edited by divisortheory

It doesnt work when you already have the game 100% completed and ready to sync so there for you cant earn anymore trophies. Which is very common with sound shapes since people are auto popping their 100%.

Not only that but Ive also read earning an extra trophie doesn't fix it for everyone so its not flawless.

I have attempted to sync from the notification screen and that didn't resolve anything.

Bottom line it wont work for everyone and some will have to resort to recreating their profile which is a 5min harmless process.

Edited by TheNukes

BZk1N2ZCUAAv9gf.jpg large2.jpg BZk1j0SCQAAgbZu.jpg large.jpg

I have run into this Trophy Sync Error two times so far and both times the error occured just after Syncing my Sound Shapes Progress with the in game Sound Shapes cloud under the games settings menu but after the first time this happened I was able to fix it by doing the following but please understand that before you do this you may loose any progress you made in your PS4 games single player stories. I tried to sync my SP Game Saves to the PSN Cloud and did so but after I applied the fix and tried to pull Saves from the cloud i got a corrupted data error and lost my progress so if you have progress in a PS4 Single Player campaign you are worried about losing you may just want to wait a few days for Playstation to find a proper fix. If you do not care about your saves and want to sync your trophies rite away do the following.

**USE THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK**

1) Delete Sound Shapes

2) Try to sync your game saves to the PSN Cloud (In my experience I tried to sync with PSN Cloud but it did not work so I lost my game save data for game Campaigns)

3) Go to the XMB Settings menu

4) Scroll all the way down to INITIALIZATION

5) Scroll to INITIALIZE PS4 and click

6) Choose Quick button

7) Choose Initialize (**All Users and all data will be deleted**)

8) Message (Some users have Activated this as their Primary PS4 you should deactivate before continuing

Select yes/Deactivate

9) Choose Yes

10) PS4 is Initializing to 100% which takes a few minutes and restarts PS4\

11) Next you PS4 will turn on and take you through the setup as it is like a brand new PS4 you must connect PS4 Dualshock 4 controller via USB Cable supplied with system at this point then go through menus signing into your Primary PSN account etc.

BZnGpSdIMAAjEjA.jpg large.jpg BZnGhpUIUAAtl57.jpg large.jpg

At this point you have a few options you have gone through the prompts and singned into your Primary PSN account and now this is your new console once again that has none of your games saved to it so you can either first download sound shapes once again and try to sync your trophies and the cloud save etc before downloading anything else just incase you have to re do this whole process once again or you can just make a decision to all together not download Sound Shapes again until a known fix is implemented and say o well with those few trophies or you can download the game do the sync and put yourself back in the position that started this whole mess and not be able to sync your trophies once again the choice is yours, all of the choices are yours and this is only a guide line to what could fix the Sync error for you but i do not guarantee it will fix it but it has 3 times for me, Make sure you know their is a chance you may loose any game saves for your campaign progress in games. Good Luck to you I hope this was helpful please feel free to send any questions comments or suggestions my way

It doesnt work when you already have the game 100% completed and ready to sync so there for you cant earn anymore trophies. Which is very common with sound shapes since people are auto popping their 100%.

Not only that but Ive also read earning an extra trophie doesn't fix it for everyone so its not flawless.

I have attempted to sync from the notification screen and that didn't resolve anything.

Bottom line it wont work for everyone and some will have to resort to recreating their profile which is a 5min harmless process.

True, but for example in my case I had 10 hours worth of unsynced trophies, and for anyone else in a similar boat, it's very crappy to have to delete your profile and re-earn the trophies.

Try rebuilding the database. This worked for me without having to delete profiles or initializing.

1. Turn off the system.

2. Hold your finger over the power button until you hear it beep twice, takes about 7 seconds.

DO NOT DELETE YOUR PROFILE.

There is another way to fix this and you don't have to lose any trophies. I've done this myself, and I've talked to other people who have done this and it worked for all of them.

1) Open Notifications screen. You will probably see a trophy notification. If you do, click it to sync. That game should now upload. When you go to the trophy section from the XMB and try to sync, it will now get further than before, but not all the way. Also, you will see the game you just uploaded is correctly synced. (If you didn't see a trophy notification pending, just ignore this step).

2) Make a list of all the games that are not showing up when you view your trophies by going to Trophies under the XMB.

3) For each game on the list, go earn one trophy. It doesn't matter what trophy, just earn something.

4) The second you earn the trophy, hit the Playstation button, and go back up into Notifications. You shoudl see a notification entry for the trophy you just earned. Click it. This will fully sync that game and (if you're lucky) fix everything, even other games which you haven't earned a new trophy in yet.

Basically, there is one game blocking you, and you need to earn an additional trophy in that game and sync it manually through the notifications screen, and it fixes everything -- all your old unsynced trophies will sync after you get that one game synced. Since you don't know what game is blocking you, you just try each one that you know isn't synced, and eventually one of those will fix everything.

I swear to fucking god i was gonna lose it.. Thanks for your post.

I played sound shapes other night for THL and did NOT auto pop any of them. I was able to get both DLCs done on vita and ps3 and did entire game plus all DLCS on ps4. There was no issues at all.

I then played last night half way through COD ghost campaign and got bunch of trophies, all that synced.

I then Finished up cod ghost campaign tonight and getting random trophies in it. I go to sync and i get NP-32157-8 Error. I go to PS3 forums and see if PSN is down but no one is bitching so i go into store, its up! I then google to see what error is and it takes me HERE into ps3trophies.org sound shapes! Interesting huh.. till i read about deleting profiles and going into safe mode to redo data base SHIT! Not acceptable.

I tried the notification thing and it didnt work, i might not of left it alone long enough though. It would go blue with NOTHING looking like it was doing anything so i would back out with circle. I try the earn 1 trophy in last game you got trophy in advice... i do burn baby burn.. blow up 80 tanks in COD. Once it poped i went right to notifications and tried to sync there. It was just a blue screen again like it was doing nothing.. i sat here 30 or more secs with just unbelieavable look on my face. Then it started to sync and passed up 25% without error again.. went to 50% and then full sync and the trophies missing SHOWED UP.. with correct time stamps. All i can say it try it.. and give it time to sync before you back out!

Now.. is this a problem that sound shapes has caused? Are other PS4 games doing this? Since i didnt delete anything.. is it gonna come back again? I simply dont understand how i was able to play half the campaign and sync those trophies after platting sound shapes, but going back today causes this? Im actually scared to play the damn ps4 now. What if this happened with multi player trophies that you cant re earn??

Now.. is this a problem that sound shapes has caused? Are other PS4 games doing this? Since i didnt delete anything.. is it gonna come back again? I simply dont understand how i was able to play half the campaign and sync those trophies after platting sound shapes, but going back today causes this? Im actually scared to play the damn ps4 now. What if this happened with multi player trophies that you cant re earn??

Every game is doing it, its not sound shapes fault. It can and im sure will come back at some point with another game. You only need to wipe your profile if you hit 100%/Platinum since you cant earn anything else, that was my issue originally so that was the solution I posted but I will edit the OP with the extra info. Sony will surely fix it later.

Sync after every trophie so you catch the problem early.

Edited by TheNukes

Every game is doing it, its not sound shapes fault. It can and im sure will come back at some point with another game. You only need to wipe your profile if you hit 100%/Platinum since you cant earn anything else. Sony will surely fix it later.

Sync after every trophie so you catch the problem early.

I was wondering if it was other game or just other games after ppl play sound shapes!

And ya.. sync after every trophy is what i was thinking too! lol. But can't that really mess you up if you get a MP trophy and you cant re earn it by deleting cause its saved on servers? This is making me so nervous to even play a game on ps4 right now. I'm shocked there isn't tons more post on this!

Made a thread in PS4 section to warn people and have a list of questions there to help narrow down maybe whats causing it or if iits happening in other games without ever going into sound shapes.

I just went to log off for night again after getting couple trophies in Killzone, which popped and synced fine this time. But then it hit me, i go into sleep mode everynight with ps4. When i got home today i woke it up with controller and all the trophies from that point on were bugged and i got lucky i was able to pop them with advice here.

So i wonder... anyone here NOT using sleep mode and still got trophy issue?

If everyone who gets this is using sleep mode/stand by .. maybe we should turn it off completely. Maybe its just the damn ps4 and needs patch on the software, who knows.. but cant hurt to ask around.

So i wonder... anyone here NOT using sleep mode and still got trophy issue?

If everyone who gets this is using sleep mode/stand by .. maybe we should turn it off completely. Maybe its just the damn ps4 and needs patch on the software, who knows.. but cant hurt to ask around.

Sorry but i always turn off my ps4 right after i'm done for the day and still got hit with this damn bug yesterday.I unlocked like 10 trophies in Battlefield 4 and when i went to sync them, the error message popped up.I thought the servers were down but guess that's not the case.Now i'll have to try the solutions here as soon as i get home from work.I am so pissed.:mad:

For anyone who is still having this issue, which I first ran into last night, try the following. It worked for me. After I added myself as a user again, I did the cloud sync on PS4 and the trophies synced fine after that:

First, I created a new user on the console (User1). I didn't sign in to PSN with it or change any settings on it. Then, I went to the "Initialization" setting in the Settings menu - and selected "Delete User." I deleted myself (not User1, but me) from the console (answering "Yes" to the "Are you sure?" prompts) so that only User1 was left.

Then, I logged out of User1 and logged in with my account, which no longer had any saved data or settings or anything saved locally on the system - but my games and apps hadn't moved. I went to the PSN (I think?) tab in the Settings menu and found my data stored in the cloud and redownloaded KZ and Resogun's save data - but didn't bother with Sound Shapes - and then when I went to Trophies, I no longer received an error message!

I booted up Sound Shapes, ran through the tutorial (because no save data is saved locally at this point), then jumped into the DLC and am now earning trophies and syncing normally!

TL;DR - If you get NP-32157-8, you need to make a new User1, delete yourself (and your locally saved data, which happens automatically), re-add yourself, and re-download your saves to your now-save-less console. You keep your downloaded games and apps. Trophies will work fine and sync normally after that, though you may need to re-earn the ones that wouldn't sync.

Just make sure you back up your local game saves to the cloud before you try the above, because deleting yourself as a user removes those and you will need to re-download after the fact. Edited by FootballPsycho
Merging.

Try rebuilding the database. This worked for me without having to delete profiles or initializing.

1. Turn off the system.

Tried this and it did not work, still getting the same error code and still have missing trophies.

I've got both the Vita and PS3 trophies, and now want to sync up the PS4 trophies. I'm also getting the "Unable to sync to Cloud Server" in the SoundShapes game itself.

I deleted my save game on Vita a few months ago...

When I re-installed the game on Vita, none of my progress was there. I had to go through the tutorial again. Re-syncing from the Cloud Server did nothing. How is that possible?

My question is.... Is my game data gone forever, or did it get stored in SoundShapes' cloud server? Is this just a error on behalf of Soundshapes?

I also encountered this error. I was playing Contrast. I was supposed to get a trophy, but the icon did not pop. I checked my trophy list and then the error occurred. I have lost two trophies that I could easily get back but I don't want to progress with the game and miss more trophies.

Do you guys recommend I just wait and hopefully there will be a fix in the upcoming days?? I really don't want to delete my profile.