Favorite campaign level?

spoonman

I really like the Beck Cities level. Not only is the music cool, but I was blown away by how the level designer used the lyrics in such a unique way.

There is something magical about seeing the lyrics take form like that!...

MOVE A LITTLE TURN A LITTLE BREAK A LITTLE HURT A LITTLE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'd like to see more DLC like this level.

Edited by spoonman

I really like the Beck Cities level. Not only is the music cool, but I was blown away by how the level designer used the lyrics in such a unique way.

i agree totally. my favorite.

• 1 month later...

I know!! It's so good. I got it in my head the other day, so I streamed it on my iphone from youtube, just to hear that awesome song while I drove home from work. That level made this game for me, and it's the one I use to show people how cool this game is.

Definitely the levels in the Beck album. It's the only album that really felt "unique" to me, and the only album where the music really felt like it matter (platforms changing to the music, etc).

Honestly, a lot of the campaign felt pretty bland to me (the first two albums in particular).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure about this game before I bought it, but was pleasantly surprised. The whole game was really cool, but like many others the Beck levels were far and away my favorites of the campaign.

I'd love to see some levels with music by Trent Reznor. I think his music would work really well in this game.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm singing this all the time! So yeah, another vote for Cities as my favourite level, with Beck's album being my favourite album. Quality throughout.

• 4 weeks later...
I loved the Cities album too, it had the best beats by far and I liked the lyrics :)

I hated the Deadmau5 stuff, too much neon for my eyes too handle...

Yes, 100% this. Which is such a shame because I liked the music in those levels. But neon on top of neon in some parts was just a bad, bad idea.

I'm with the majority--the Cities album was the best. I loved all the songs and found myself humming along with Cities, Touch the People, and Spiral Staircase. I'd add them to my iPod if only I could find a download.

Oh, and on that note, you can download Jim Guthrie's Corporeal contributions for free: Corporeal | Jim Guthrie

• 9 months later...

Hahaha, I guess I'm in the majority as well. I really enjoyed all of the levels that had Beck as the music for the background. Sometimes I would just pause and not move so that I could just chill and listen to the music. :D

Edited by vegetollo7

• 3 weeks later...