namco don't care about scv

Glyphsaiyan858

absolutely true. sc4 was supposed to be the last, they say so themselves. scv was sloppy, had no compelling story, weak to no character development, the 17 year gap was just to put patroklos and pyhrra in it, made patroklos stupid as heck and pyhrra whiny, stupid and annoying. the so called special edition has rubbish content, a rubbish art book, no compelling character bios... the 17 year gap is so pointless, since no one looks any older!!! just look at Maxi between 4 and 5, does he look olde? NO!!! and Ivy, conveniently still young, busty and sexy... through ALCHEMY??? hello, namco? this is yourcredibility, leaving. even mitsurugi -BARELY- looks any older. there is no story, no bios, nothing. the only thing the game had going for itself ws the character customisation, marginally... and now they're saying there's no more DLC packs? credibility gone. will anyone, even the hardcore tekken fans stick around to watch namco ruin another good thing??

pyhrra whiny, stupid and annoying. the so called special edition has rubbish content

:mad: hey watch what you say about Pyhrra, she hates fighting. you call that "stupid" wow! and even called the special edition.rubbish how can that be. I have the special edition. its fine by me. and did not even played it. you just looking at videos online or just playing it like. a big child and calling it rubbish and the old Characters,looked aged while you cry about it. and say they don't look the new to you. but to the fans of SCV. think they ages. so think about it :rolleyes:

If you've played the previous games u know this game's a piece of shit. The whole meter thing was stupid. Everything about this game is retarded. The only respectful thing i can say are the graphics. Patroklos is a douche bag, Pyhrra is annoying.

No Talim(being the youngest of the cast she doesnt make it back[this makes no sense]), Zasalamal is gone, cassandra, setsuka, and many others i dont feel like typing cuz this list can go pretty far. Kilik is here, but not here if u no what i mean. Sophitia same thing just hiding behind that mask. Taki's replaced with Natsu which no1 really prefers.

No story in arcade mode like before.

Instead of me talking anymore id advise u to watch this video, this guy does a good job explaining y this game sux:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaCmk-JLsYc&lc=Uvc-FD8GUhjBtwkx0IQ6whXD3-gw4CuiX-4YB-MepcI&context=C3f928a4ADOEgsToPDskKH2_1ZEtlCXnU6X6-mcTig]Soul Calibur V Disapointments, Elysium, Kilik confirmed Mimic Characters! - YouTube[/ame]

If you're a true fan and this video doesnt make u agree there's something wrong with u. Im pretty much done with the series. I doubt ill EVER buy another installment again. They took out my best character. Most of the REAL cast is missing.

i thought the game was pretty sweet i hated sc4 i enjoyed this big time and like the meter gauge they added made the game more fun although wish they had the conquest mode or something more fun for offline wasn't really that much there but namco does care about scv they wouldn't have updated the characters if they didn't and at least they added some content and the customization was pretty sweet

If you've played the previous games u know this game's a piece of shit. The whole meter thing was stupid. Everything about this game is retarded. The only respectful thing i can say are the graphics. Patroklos is a douche bag, Pyhrra is annoying.

No Talim(being the youngest of the cast she doesnt make it back[this makes no sense]), Zasalamal is gone, cassandra, setsuka, and many others i dont feel like typing cuz this list can go pretty far. Kilik is here, but not here if u no what i mean. Sophitia same thing just hiding behind that mask. Taki's replaced with Natsu which no1 really prefers.

No story in arcade mode like before.

Instead of me talking anymore id advise u to watch this video, this guy does a good job explaining y this game sux:

If you're a true fan and this video doesnt make u agree there's something wrong with u. Im pretty much done with the series. I doubt ill EVER buy another installment again. They took out my best character. Most of the REAL cast is missing.

lol amen to this and the video. You dont "fix" what's not broken and if missing characters are future DLC why on earth would you pay for something that was in prior games xD

anything for a quick buck i suppose :francis:

I like the game. And I have all the Soul Blade/Edge/Soul Calibur games.

I think Soul Calibur IV is better and I don't like what happened to Sophitia but I don't think the story is too bad and I like the options you have with the character creator.

Most ppl never read when i said this: sure character creation is fun, but whats the point if u end up spending all that time make ur character look badass only to have them in their underwear. This is another flaw this game has. I mean the video i posted above should say everything.

If u like the game thats up to u cuz each person has his/her opinion. It just shows that even garbage can be liked by ppl. These devs seriously need to wake up and make good games.

Most ppl never read when i said this: sure character creation is fun, but whats the point if u end up spending all that time make ur character look badass only to have them in their underwear.

I don't know what you mean with having them in their underwear. My characters don't just fight in their underwear. And when the clothes break, who cares. The opponents have already seen the fully clothed character.

I mean the video i posted above should say everything.

No it does not because it is made by a human being and human beings love to act as if an opinion is a truth but it is not. I can easily prove the video wrong but since you have answered every post here with an unobjective post it would be no good and that is because you insist on your opinion being the truth and that is also the reason why you will answer this post of mine with another one, maybe even insulting since you project the anger you feel onto the people here which just have the same thing you have: An own opinion. I don't say that you should not answer but you should know that I will report your post in case it gets insulting. Having an own opinion, however is absolutely okay.

It just shows that even garbage can be liked by ppl.

Wrong. "Garbage" in terms of things which can be liked or disliked is a matter of definition. So it is garbage for you but not garbage for me. I don't just ignore that it is garbage, it simply is not garbage. Without any rating it is none of both. You are struggling against axioms here.

These devs seriously need to wake up and make good games.

That is what you think and not what they need to do. I do not like the battle system too much and the fact that some characters are missing. That is where I agree with you.

Edited by Cetra

As usual, you all miss the frigging point. Yes, i am voicing my own opinion, yes, i have played the previous games. Yes, i am saying, in my bluntest opinion, this game sucks, big time. it uses the same graphics models and engines and textures in the previous game SC4, the characters Mitsurugi, Siegried do not, i repeat, and defy all who dare try to say otherwise, NOT look any older, they just have different apparel and hairstyles from the previous game. Ivy looks the same, for more shameless sexual appeal, because lord knows you ain't getting it from Natsu, Tira, Lexia or Hilde. She's supposed to be 47years old not 30 still! The story feels rushed, half arsed, incomplete, soulless, rubbish, with no tie in with any other character. Yes, the special edition booklet has little to show (what little artwork there was) and nothing to say about the characters history for 17 years. Talim is AWOL, Setsuka could be assumed killed by Mitsurugi, being the person she hated for killing her mentor. Seong Mi-Na and Yeong Sun are AWOL, as is Zasalamel, a character whose skill would have greatly improved character creation. Who the hell is ZWEI? uh, dunno... his past? dunno... that wolf spirit? "Eh, beats me..." Same with Viola, who nly gets a single line of dialogue, and people have the nerve to like this game? Patroklos has the personality and intelligence of a brick... actually that's insulting to the brick, Pyhhra is a whiny, weak excuse for a daughter of Sophitia, whose crappy excuse foran appearance I won't go into. Character creation was the only thing i used it for, barely, to fight my friend online or offline, and even that had many problems. why do clothes shatter like glass instead of appearing torn? why does my character have to look pansy and half naked instead of looking battle worn? why don't you so called masters of games and forums see i'm not some lifeless 'n00b', a term that is spoken by those who truly have nothing better to do than play games, but that i am a fan of a well respected game and company, who gave no effort into what could've rivalled the upcoming tekken game? I am thoroughly disappointed. This was a carbon copy of SC4 with jinor tweaks. nothing more. They obviously put no thought, money or effort into what could've been a fantastic last battle cry of a long surving fighting game. I enjoy playing games, to wind down after work... if they're worth playing. If not, goodbye Soul Calibur, hello Star Wars 1313 and Transformers Fall of Cybertron.

Edited by Glyphsaiyan858

I like how you took the time to quote every single post i made...Ummm there are many others that posted before me and yet you chose to attack me.:think:

Everyone has their own view on things and yet you think your is the correct one.

I don't say that you should not answer but you should know that I will report your post in case it gets insulting.

Are you threatening me?

If you feel the need why not attack everyone else in this thread since your doing a great job attacking me...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/soulcalibur-v/144575-fu-worst-sc-since-soul-edge.html

Btw im done talking here so dont bother quoting my messages again cuz im not going to be back. Enjoy your game...

I don't know what you mean with having them in their underwear. My characters don't just fight in their underwear. And when the clothes break, who cares. The opponents have already seen the fully clothed character.

i think he means when your character is KO'd and hit with a strong enough attack to where some or a majority of your outfit comes off :)

I actually agree. This game is crap. I actually cared about the Story mode from previous Soul Calibur games. In this one, we get a half-assed story, and nothing for arcade. Several previous characters are gone for no good reason, either. They don't explain what happened to them, nor do they explain the new characters. I also did not like Sophitia's Children. I could have done without them.

Edited by He-Man

I know for a fact that i've fallen off on fighter games in the past few years, but damn, I played SC4 and it was alot more fun than this one, that said I don't completely hate this game the fights are still alot of fun as is the online pvp component but I agree with others the story was worse than anything i've ever seen in another game.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with everyone else on the story completely.

However, I don't really care about it that much, what made me lose respect for Namco, is it? is the DLC.

... Do you guys know what the SoulCalibur V DLC's are? No? Let me explain.

Namco, or the creators of SCV make equipment for creation, Default characters, and weapons e.t.c, they then send pointless and 'not-so-good' items to their recycling bin.

After about a month of releasing the game, they realise the money is dropping, probably getting complaints about some of the creation items being limited and what not they explained in teasers and trailers, probably speeches as well.

The lazy bone creators then rummage in their recycling bins for items they threw out, and then release it.

That's how we are now paying about $2 / £1.59 for about 3 creational items similar to the things we have. I mean why would you take out the mid-game clothing destruction feature just to release torn thigh-highs. -__-"