(Matchmaking) disconnection or just opponent quit ?

-do_ob-

When we are disconnected how can we know that it's not a server problem but just an opponent who quit ? Is there a specific msg ?

I am often disconnected when I am going to win (And I notice it especially because at the moment my ratio is very bad ...)

Edited by -do_ob-

sometimes its due to a bad connection but the game DOES state which it is

"Communication with the opponent has been lost" = internet disconnection (probably bad connection..i know mine is)

"The match has ended due to the opponent quitting" (or something along the lines) = they forced the game to end, meaning they left on purpose.

being disconnected in a match can be very frustrating though...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I haven't had ONE match finished to the end yet, just disconnects. I prefer SC as my fighting-series-of-choice, but if I had known this, I would've bought SFxTekken instead.

Yeah, the online was pretty rough. I had to really grind just to find people to fight against that wouldn't rage quit. And I don't think that it actually demerits people like it said it does. When I was going for this, I had people tell me that they were going to quit, the match ended, and then when trying to find another random match, I'd find them again, and they'd have the exact same W-L and ranking points as before! I've never seen the message about opponents disconnecting. It was pretty lame, but hang in there, you'll get it eventually!