Do I Suck Or Is This Game Hard?

Kahalachan

I'm adept at fighting games. As you can see I have plats for Blazblue, SFIV, SSFIV, Tekken, and maybe others I forgot.

But Legendary Souls and some of the A rank characters are tough. Or do I just need to learn the mechanics of this game better?

For those who are really good can you blast these guys no problem? Like on other fighting games on the highest difficulty I can go through with very little problems. I've learned the game well enough to beat the computer with skill.

For me it feels like the game has rubber band AI. Like the game makes decisions at super human speed and whatever you do the game instantly counters it. If I just tap block, I get thrown. If I duck for a split second I get hit with an overhead.

What I wanna know is this game like classic Mortal Kombat style difficulty where you have to cheese the game or can you beat these parts with sheer skill? If yes, then I guess I need practice. If no, then boo! :p

• 2 weeks later...

For me it feels like the game has rubber band AI. Like the game makes decisions at super human speed and whatever you do the game instantly counters it. If I just tap block, I get thrown. If I duck for a split second I get hit with an overhead.

yeah, it's like this. imo the best strategy is to turtle and bait the cpu, then unleash the best combos you have. also sidestep plus throws helps a lot because they are harder to break (back throws are unbreakable even iirc!).

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...