Easy way to beat A ranked AI

TaNjiL

So I just wanted to grind to get my level up to max, so I decided quick battle was the way to go. I kept losing to the A rank fighters but then I found a move the don't block around 7/10 times.

Pick Natsu and spam her 8 A+B or UP A+B.

I noticed people were saying it was a pain to beat Harada Tekken, I PERFECTED him 2 out of 3 rounds.

Now I don't want people coming in here telling me "oh you think you got skill, just cause you cheaped out the ai" I really don't think it makes me skilled at all, I just wanted to share a easy way to beat quick battles for those who want to grind or for trophy hunters. I haven't tried it in LS but bet it works there also.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed something about these A ranked opponents. I main Raphael and usually have trouble beating these guys, but when I switched to Hilde for fun I found a lot of them to be alot easier to defeat since they have more trouble blocking her attacks for some reason.

So if someone is having problems, try switching characters, or just use the tip from the OP I guess. :)

Edited by SuperMegaShark

get good with a char.

I'm pretty good (not god tier, but decent enough) with Xiba and that hasn't helped me. Bad luck, maybe, but Astaroth seems to be too good a combination of everything. Insane reach, close combat wizard with grapples, and surprisingly fast (he interrupts a lot of my attacks).

Anyone got tips for high-ranked Astaroth? I can't believe how tough this guy is. I've lost 16 times and Natsu spam just does not work. I'm popping a blood vessel over here.

I'm working my way through all A ranked fights, beaten Edge Master and Astaroth.

It does work BUT you can't just spam it. You need to time it correctly i.e. when they're running toward you or in the middle of an attack. Also, it helps to mix things up a bit.

I find that using her :left: :r1: move followed up by :r1: r1: is a good combo and most times they fail to block the first move so you can just keep going - either killing them or forcing them out of the ring.

Also, when you're up close, use her :triangle: :square: combo its quick and can get you out of some tricky situations

That Natsu spam method didn't work very well for me. 9 times out of 10 they did block or dodge it and then punished me with a combo, or I wouldn't be able to get the move off at all because they were in my face.

As I said, you can't just spam it.

Theres still some timing involved especially against the A ranked fighters. Her :left: :r1: move which launches into the air is also a very effective move.

Just as an FYI. I started out using Xibu as my main as his :left: :triangle: move was a good way at keeping your opponent at a distance.

However, it was still proving difficult against the A ranked fighters. When I switched to Natsu - I started breezing through fights. Admittedly, still one or two sticky moments due to cheap AI !!!

I'm now sitting at 139/240 completed. I decided to start from the top and work my way down so I have beaten all A and B and most C ranked fighters. The rest should be a breeze.

As I said, you can't just spam it.

Theres still some timing involved especially against the A ranked fighters. Her :left: :r1: move which launches into the air is also a very effective move.

Just as an FYI. I started out using Xibu as my main as his :left: :triangle: move was a good way at keeping your opponent at a distance.

However, it was still proving difficult against the A ranked fighters. When I switched to Natsu - I started breezing through fights. Admittedly, still one or two sticky moments due to cheap AI !!!

I'm now sitting at 139/240 completed. I decided to start from the top and work my way down so I have beaten all A and B and most C ranked fighters. The rest should be a breeze.

Quick question man since im having trouble with Alisia. What was you tactic on her? Im having trouble with her. The rest don't seem that much difficult. I'm a natsu main and ive had trouble with fighting Alisia. I was thinking of spamming nightmare's counter explosion move then time his CE for massive damage.

What would you recommend doing?

Thanks

Quick question man since im having trouble with Alisia. What was you tactic on her? Im having trouble with her. The rest don't seem that much difficult. I'm a natsu main and ive had trouble with fighting Alisia. I was thinking of spamming nightmare's counter explosion move then time his CE for massive damage.

What would you recommend doing?

Thanks

I've only used Xibu and now Natsu as my main so can't really comment on using Nightmare. As for how to play Alisia...

I usually start out the round with the :up: :r1:. If the hit connects step back and repeat.

If your opponent gets in close, use her speed to your advantage and hit out with her :triangle: :triangle: :square: combo.

If she starts side-stepping, that's a perfect opportunity to go into the above combo. Use the :left: :r1: move whenever you are within range and don't forget to follow up with a horizontal combo if it connects.

For the :up: :r1: to be effective its best to keep as much distance from your oppenent as possible. They will have to run towards you, obviously which gives you the perfect opportunity to :up: :r1: them without having to worry about them blocking or side-stepping the move.

The above was the general strategy that I used against all fighters, not just Alisia. The only problem fighters for me were those rank A using "Astaroth" fighting style. For them I had to switch to my second main, Xibu.

Hope the above helps. Unfortunately, the AI is SO cheap and unforgivng in this game that the slightest mistake and its game over :mad:

Edited by NightCrawler-72

I've only used Xibu and now Natsu as my main so can't really comment on using Nightmare. As for how to play Alisia...

I usually start out the round with the :up: :r1:. If the hit connects step back and repeat.

If your opponent gets in close, use her speed to your advantage and hit out with her :triangle: :triangle: :square: combo.

If she starts side-stepping, that's a perfect opportunity to go into the above combo. Use the :left: :r1: move whenever you are within range and don't forget to follow up with a horizontal combo if it connects.

For the :up: :r1: to be effective its best to keep as much distance from your oppenent as possible. They will have to run towards you, obviously which gives you the perfect opportunity to :up: :r1: them without having to worry about them blocking or side-stepping the move.

The above was the general strategy that I used against all fighters, not just Alisia. The only problem fighters for me were those rank A using "Astaroth" fighting style. For them I had to switch to my second main, Xibu.

Hope the above helps. Unfortunately, the AI is SO cheap and unforgivng in this game that the slightest mistake and its game over :mad:

My button layout is different from default lol

L1:A+B

L2:B+K

R1:B+G

R2:A+B+K

I will try and beat her soon when i get the chance. I actually wanna record it so hopefully ppl could see it done since there aren't any youtube videos about the harder quick battle enemies.

Edited by Kagerasimaru

My button layout is different from default lol

L1:A+B

L2:B+K

R1:B+G

R2:A+B+K

I will try and beat here soon when i get the chance. I actually wanna record it so hopefully ppl could see it done since there aren't any youtube videos about the harder quick battle enemies.

ok lol

I'm sure you will work out the controls :)

I'm sure others would find a youtube video really helpful, so good thinking mate :applause:

Oh and good luck with your fight. Give her one from me ;)

There are a lot of nice combos that work on most. I used astaroth

Down + Back Square; Square

Rising Square

Toward Circle(the kick)

if these tactics arent working try grapple them to death. some of them have too strong just guarding.

Thanks man i appreciate the tip ill try and c what works and upload what i can. The remaining battles i have ima try and upload. Im currently 165/240. I think ill upload the harder A battles.

So I just wanted to grind to get my level up to max, so I decided quick battle was the way to go. I kept losing to the A rank fighters but then I found a move the don't block around 7/10 times.

Pick Natsu and spam her 8 A+B or UP A+B.

I noticed people were saying it was a pain to beat Harada Tekken, I PERFECTED him 2 out of 3 rounds.

Now I don't want people coming in here telling me "oh you think you got skill, just cause you cheaped out the ai" I really don't think it makes me skilled at all, I just wanted to share a easy way to beat quick battles for those who want to grind or for trophy hunters. I haven't tried it in LS but bet it works there also.

I appreciate the Natsu tip. Beat Harada Tekken with it in just a few tries.