Rate the trophy difficulty...  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.92

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret voting this a 6. It's definitely an 8 or a 9. I attribute that mostly to the online. Unless you've been playing this series since the beginning of the games and are pretty good, you're going to have trouble with the online, as the game has no problem pitting you against the same player you've been losing to for the past 4 matches.

At first I thought that it wasn't a big problem, since you still earned points after losing in the E Rank. But once you get into the D Rank, you start losing points for each loss. The game basically punishes bad players.

I ranked a 9. This is due to two factors:

-Legendary mode (it may be quick, but this is about difficulty not time right?)

-Online Trophies (of course there are experienced Soul Calibur pros on there, so to get X number of ranked battles in a row online trophy without being able to boost will be difficult)

I give it a 5/10,

- Multiplayer ones like reach D1 are quite simple, you lose nothing compared to what you gain, its quite fast as well. You gain 80-150pts for every win. once you reach D5 rank working towards to D1, losses will take 10-20 points away depending on how bad you lose,which is not much at all.

- The consecutive rank win one only requires just a measly 2 win streak.

- Reaching max level for your player card and getting 87,600m movement distance is aprox. 70 or so hours more or less i'd estimate by the rate its going.

edit: 87,600 meter is quite not as long as i have thought, i achieved it at the 59 hour mark.

Edited by VeeT1

Pshhh! If I can compare this game with SSF4?? both games are tough but this one (SCV) is waaaayyy tough :S I prefer the challenges in SSFV than the Legendary Souls in SCV :confused:

Is there a trophy for beating Legendary Souls?

Well, I gave it a 8/10. I find Harada_TEKKEN very difficult to beat & I can't find anyone in ranked match.

Edited by Spawn_

Help: Playing online trying to reach D1, didn't realise it was so long. Racking up wins but the progression bar isn't going up by much now. Is there any easier way and tips?

PSN: versiononev1

TimeZone: GMT (London)

Trophies: Need platinum

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/197/versiononev1.png

Ace Singh | Facebook

Twiiter @versiononev1

Help: Playing through the quick matches I have to say the hardest person to beat by far is Edge Master (A1), pushes me till my limits of rage quit meter. Took over 20 attempts, and at 1 point I did a perfect and was 2 rounds ahead then the pain-in-the-ass destroyed me with combos linked with critical moves. Harada was quite easy beat him using Siegfried, Kilik on hard was difficult to start with then your able to adapt and counter easier after you play a dozen matches or so

Ace Singh | Facebook

Twiiter @versiononev1

Pshhh! If I can compare this game with SSF4?? both games are tough but this one (SCV) is waaaayyy tough :S I prefer the challenges in SSFV than the Legendary Souls in SCV :confused:

In my opinion SCV is easier than SFIV, mainly it because I find it easier to play than SFIV, where I actually found the challenges quite hard. Hence I didn't get platinum in the game but see myself getting platinum in this. Although 2 trophies will be like a mountain to climb it should be achievable

Ace Singh | Facebook

Twiiter @versiononev1

Are u kidding me its at most a 5 if compared with any other fighting game its a 2 tops the hardest trophy is 10 wins with ezio cuz i never wanna use him besides that its not hard ranked is a joke and quick battle isn't hard either legendary souls had one hard character and got that arcade mode on hard trophy in 5 tries you guys need to relax and stop trying to play scrubby and instead try to get good at the game

Even though I've spent way too much time on this game and currently at 88% of the trophies, I'm stumped on how to rate this one. It's not hard or at least it shouldn't be, yet it can be a struggle in some areas. I'd give this somewhere between a 5 or 6. If beating Legendary mode was a requirement, I would rate it higher. Hard mode wasn't really difficult, but I'm beating my head up from trying to defeat the last few A-Rank enemies in quick battle. They're insane at times. Grinding to LV99 and taking over 87,000 steps is just as insane....

EDIT: After earning the plat, this is a this should be a 4 or 5 in difficulty, but the pointless grind you have to do for Wind of Battle and Soul Fulfilled make it feel like a 6 for the amount of hours you have to waste.

Edited by fancyfox

Are u kidding me its at most a 5 if compared with any other fighting game its a 2 tops the hardest trophy is 10 wins with ezio cuz i never wanna use him besides that its not hard ranked is a joke and quick battle isn't hard either legendary souls had one hard character and got that arcade mode on hard trophy in 5 tries you guys need to relax and stop trying to play scrubby and instead try to get good at the game

we have a hero in our middle hes voting a 2 LOL.. ON topic this game is the most hardest fighting game ive ever played. arcade mode on hard pfffffff this will be a long montain to climb

After platinuming this game, I voted a 5 for Soul Calibur V (SC 5). Keep in mind that I do have a lot of experience with Soul Edge, SC 3 and SC 4.

#1. The AI is very cheap in Quick Battle but Quick Battle became very easy once I started to use Natsu. The difficulty of Quick Battle will depend on whether you know what moves are anti-AI and whether you can execute the anti-AI moves perfectly for characters.

If it weren't for the anti-AI moves, I would have voted a 7 for SC V.

#2. Skill for Duels trophy is rough but its doable since you only have to execute the Brave Edge move to win the match completely.

I managed to beat Legendary Souls in under 10 minutes but thankfully, that is not required for trophy.

#3. The online trophies aren't hard at all and doesn't require any boosting because you don't lose much points (10-15 pts) when losing in the D rank range.

#4. Wind of Battle & Soul Fulfilled requires a lot of grinding. Despite completing all of the non-level related trophies, I only had 11,000 meters for Wind of Battle.

I gained an average of 2000-2500 meters in 30 minutes for every 10 matches in Quick Battle. On the other hand, I managed to gain an average of 3000-3200 meters for every 6 matches within 22 minutes by boosting online.

Do the math and you will see that boosting is the best way to get Wind of Battle quickly and efficiently. I have seen 2 rivals gain 60,000 meters over a 7-9 hour period so its most likely they boosted.

Overall, Soul Calibur V is platinumable within 1-2 weeks. If you are skilled at fighting games, this platinum is easy. If not, Soul Calibur V will be one rough ride.

Edited by Sharksfan24
Edited punctuation

I'm currently sitting at 62%, so I won't vote quite yet. The game has been a fun and not too challenging game to get trophies for so far, just a bit time consuming. But the one trophy that is really beginning to try my patience is the one for beating all the quick battles. Man, some of those B and A level opponents are enough to make me break my controller. They so effing cheap and it pisses me off. Right now I'm thinking about an 8/10 for difficulty. If the quick battles were completely removed from the equation, it would probably be more like 5/10, they're that much of a bitch. The rest of the trophies are entirely doable.