Online Multiplayer Details Revealed

personausermike

yesterday, Saturday Jan.14th, the online details were finally released. Here's a summary of the article (courtesy of shoryuken)

-Preview event at Tokyo Namco Bandai Studios

-Demo Station with Mad Catz Sticks an hour of play

-Dampierre and Algol playable characters

-The online mode of Soul Calibur V is divided essentially into two sections:Player Match and the Global Coliseum.

-Player Match: players can create special rooms, access to challenge friends in single match or in small tournaments.

-Viewers can leave comments in a chat room.

-Global Colosseum is an Extended Lobby, which can access up to 50 Player

-Each player is represented by a card (which can be customized with a number of options)

-UI very “visual” and easily readable.

-Selecting a player card, you can check stats and challenge a Player

-In the MIddle of Colosseo there are two section

-Random Match is always available

-Players can place their card for random matches

-The other area is dedicated to the Ranked Match. It will not always active: will light up about 2 times a month, for a few days.

-Another major introduction is the Soul Link. You can choose up to three players to be monitored constantly to keep an eye on their stats and activities. (A sort of Autolog)

-Soul Calibur V servers are located in the Tokyo office,

-Netcode is very stable

personally, your guess is as good as mine with this 'ranked will not activate/2 times a month thing'

Lights up twice a month means that they will be holding battles for ranking only twice per month. That will cut down on the "point grinders" who do nothing but play ranked matches all day every day. This also means that during non-ranking days, there will be a larger player base for matches.

I can also see getting excited for the tournament/ranking weekends for this. I lost interest in SF4 ranking matches pretty fast. Keep up the hype, don't split the player base every day between regular and ranked, and I think that it will remain fun for a long time.

Don't talk about Talim, make us sad

I'm sorry man, but she was what got me into the series and a no return is a big shame on NAMCO. She's IMO the best character in the game. I even went far enough to sign a petition but no luck. Ill buy the game if she's released as dlc but that's also not very fair considering she was supposed to b in the game in the first place. This game takes place 17 years in the future and talim being 1 of the youngest characters should have returned which honestly should have been a no brainer.

I'm sorry man, but she was what got me into the series and a no return is a big shame on NAMCO. She's IMO the best character in the game. I even went far enough to sign a petition but no luck. Ill buy the game if she's released as dlc but that's also not very fair considering she was supposed to b in the game in the first place. This game takes place 17 years in the future and talim being 1 of the youngest characters should have returned which honestly should have been a no brainer.

Im totally with you on that, but no one character alone missing from any roster would ever drive me to not play the fighting series i enjoy personally.

hey kage :D yea sorta : ( about talim but u shud get SC5 thou i'll preorderd the Collectors Edition XD wud b fun 2 fight vs ya XP

Send me a FR and ill accept :) Ill c what i can do man. No talim is heart breaking :( That was the character that got me in the series. I guess i could try and learn Natsu tho Talim was the sweet spot for me.

sent ya a FR( friend request ) u haven't accepted yet XP

& i used 2 play w talim sumtimes @ SC2

Yea cool, sorry i havent accepted yet lol ill accept it when i get online 2mor. Got lots of school work so im rather busy, but ill get u no worries :)

I read today was supposed to be the last reveal for the 2 remaining character slots. I hope she comes back. Who was ur character?

No Seung Mina Makes Me really really sad best character ever, just hope this game is better than 4 that was far too slow for my liking soul calibur 2 is in my top 3 fave fighting games so hope its on par with that!

If Seung Mina and Talim come back i will be very happy. My 2 favorites. I really dont like natsu i prefer Taki.

Yea cool, sorry i havent accepted yet lol ill accept it when i get online 2mor. Got lots of school work so im rather busy, but ill get u no worries :)

I read today was supposed to be the last reveal for the 2 remaining character slots. I hope she comes back. Who was ur character?

my fav chars were Kilik & Maxi thou i read Kilik gt no staff this time thts : / & i playd sumtimes w Nightmare & Taki 2 & np bout FR if ya bz then ur bz i just thought tht u mayb havent got the FR. oh & i playd sumtimes w Yun-seong too

Edited by Tosmasta00