Rarity of bosses + and ++

SauceyMGee

So, I've been farming the Hydra and Leviathon to get my level from 40/60 to 1/99. I'm currently at 5/91 an have gotten one Hydra+ and one laviathon++. I didn't expect to get the 3 ++ of each needed for Slayer sigil 5, but maybe 3 total could be expected.

Is there a sigil that's makes them drop more frequently or is it just that rediculous of a drop rate?

There are sigils that supposedly make them drop more frequently, but - assuming they do work which has not been proved yet - even then the drop rate is ridiculous. A few days ago I killed 30+ highest pacts Wyverns and Elven Queens without getting a single SE+. That's plain stupid and burnt me out of the game.

I know what you mean. I killed the Laviathon and the Hydra (both pack 10) 20x each and got one ++ total! That's rediculous! Crazy to think the amount of time it would take to get 3 each :eek: not worth the time for me.

No, there really is no reason, other than being uber deadly. I figured, since I was grinding to get to 1/99 anyway, I might as well try to see what I can get.

I'm surprised they didn't put any weapons to grind. Seems you can get the best weapons as quests rewards from later pacts, so why bother grinding them?

I've been trying Devil's Feast Sigil (II at the moment, to lazy to get III).

But I can't say that I've noticed any clear difference so far.

Would be intersting to know if there's any difference in supposed drop rates between Devil's Feast Sigil I, II, III and the Pillager Sigil.

As far as I can tell they all have the same description except for the life gain.

Well it's just... luck based, but the sigil that give you a boost really helps : i got the Minotaure and Valkyrie SE ++ in less than 20 tries for both, and got several SE + in the process.

Same for Wyvern, the Gemini dropped the SE ++ after "only" 40 or so fights with 3 or 4 SE + too.

The +/++ seems to drop more often on Gemini Pacts, and i've read on Gamefaqs that a dev even stated that there is a increase of rare drops in those pacts.

And don't bother with 9/10* pacts, i've got all my SE ++ on 5* to 6* pacts with the sigil.

I am pretty sure it is bugged at the moment. Usually the indicator for a better Soul is the Berzerker/Divine etc message and the increase in Life/Magic gain, but in the case of bosses, this doesn't reward you necessarily with a + or ++ soul.

I think it's "bugged" as well. When you save/sacrifice a normal enemy and it gives the normal amount of experience, you get normal essence. When it says good/divine/berserk/evil and you get more experience, you get + or ++ (depending on which description and amount of extra experience you earned). But for bosses it isn't like that. You never get any descriptions, and many times I'd get extra experience and still get normal essence. I went from about 60 to 99 off the Hydra and received one ++ essence, so it's definitely not worth it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im not sure why but I prefer playing solo to get desired items rather than online. Ive been grinding many quest to get A. Slime SE++ with Devil Feast Sigil II and couldnt get even one SE++ but the minions SE++. Then I changed it with Pillager Sigil and Boom first try and got it. Then Wyvern SE++ I didnt have any issue getting it either with Pillager Sigil equipped. So always equip either Holy Supper /Devil Feast/Pillager Sigil to get your desired SE/LE+ or ++.

And one thing that Im not sure if it has anything to do with increasing the chance to get +/++ items but seems work quite a lot for me, is when you want boss LE/SE+/++ always try to save (if want LE+/++) or sacrifice (if want SE+/++) some foul creatures first before save/sacrifice the boss.