Awesome game?

varvaninv

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

What can I say. Finished it once and, well very good Move game. Actually the best Move game so far.

It has great controls (well not THAT great, the camera is not what I like), very good graphics, nice story and really good characters - Erline is awesome!

One thing I don't like in the design. They came to the realism in our hero concept. I'd rather see that E3 preview one version, but it is not that bad after all.

Other thing is a beach for everyone who's aiming for platinum. Design of the story is a liittle bit stupid. You almost always have two paths. One leads to a secret (chest) second is the story path. BUT! When you will take by mistake the story path and go too far, you're gone. You won't have a chance to turn back and go for the chest cause you will see a rock/wall on your way. I was extra carefully and was mislead at least four times.

And when you miss a chest, you can reload save state (if you have such) or begin game from the very beginning (and praying to not to miss any chest this time - unlikely).

Edited by rospondek

Other thing is a beach for everyone who's aiming for platinum. Design of the story is a liittle bit stupid. You almost always have two paths. One leads to a secret (chest) second is the story path. BUT! When you will take by mistake the story path and go too far, you're gone. You won't have a chance to turn back and go for the chest cause you will see a rock/wall on your way. I was extra carefully and was mislead at least four times.

And when you miss a chest, you can reload save state (if you have such) or begin game from the very beginning (and praying to not to miss any chest this time - unlikely).

Hit Select until your minimap takes up the full screen and you can clearly see which paths lead nowhere. Head there first for the treasure(s).

There are still other chests that are hidden in the environment where you must use your skills in a specific way to make them appear. I'm almost certain this was how I missed some of them. Oh well.

I'm interested, have been since the original demo. I'm one of those few who find most of the Move games (and certainly all of the ones I've played) to be fantastically better than anything I've played on Wii, even the poorly reviewed but actually fantastic The Fight.

None of the trohpies look too tough. Collection trophies are always a pain, but I'm sure that by the time I actually get my copy someone will have a guide out. People are quick with that sort of thing ;)

• 5 months later...
I haven't played Move much except a little bit on Heavy Rain.

Can i just ask is the navigation controller essential for good control? I want to order this game but want to know this before i do.

Even if it's a bit late, so this is just to anyone else who might wonder about the same and finds this thread...

You must use either the navigation controller or the normal PS3 controller in your left hand. In your right hand you must use a move controller.

No, you don't need the navigation controller if you got the normal PS3 controller, which I assume you have, for good control.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know this thread is old but I didn't really want to create a new thread titled "great game" so I just reused this one.

I was very positively surprised by how this game turned out to be. I saw the reviews when it came out some years ago and they were rather average. This game certainly has some weaknesses and can't compare to any open world game in long term fun but there are many good things to say about this game.

For one this feels like the one and only real move game. All other move games are more educational or related to sports or music or made for a very young audience (wonderbook). The story is not very original but well executed and I had some good laughs. I could identify with the two main characters very well and the game was never boring, also because of the strong narrative. The spells and some effects look fantastic for a PS3 game and the combat and puzzles are decent enough not to be boring. The biggest weakness of this game is that you often can't go back to previous areas and that you have basically seen everything after playthrough one. Some trophy relevant additional difficulty that only unlocks after playing through the game once or new game plus mode would have really made this a great game. Definitely very recommendable if you can get it for 20$ or lower, I paid only 1€ something on amazon for it. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I finally got around to playing this game, it's been sitting on my shelf for a few years.

It was really fun, the best Move-specific game I've played for sure. It gets a little repetitive and they could've used a little more variety in the levels in the middle of the game, but the upgrades happen at proper intervals to keep it from getting stale and the game as a whole is just the right length.

The trophies aren't bad, definitely not a hard plat. I managed 51% without really trying too hard.

Only a few things bothered me...

One was the potion/upgrade crafting. While cool at first, it gets tedious doing it over and over for each individual upgrade. Would have been nice to have the option to skip it after a certain point.

The other was that some of the motions I simply couldn't get the hang of. Switching to Wind was always a pain. And curved bolts were sketchy too. Definitely wasn't consistent.

Either way, really fun game, would play it again if I didn't have a couple dozen other games waiting in the queue.