anyone just give up

JoshuaBagwell

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually love the challenge this game is giving me. You just need to take things slowly. This is a game that is supposed to last a loooong time since there's so much stuff to do. What I do is that before moving on, I always try to do all the hot-dog missions and S-Rank every stage in a world. Normally, doing the hot-dog missions is perfect in helping me S-Ranking the stage afterward (well the day stage, night stages are easy to S-Rank). By taking it step by step, the game doesnt feel too taxing and too hard as you get better progressively. Right now, I just reached Shamar and Empire City, and have finished everything S-Ranks and did all hot-dog missions up until now. Very gratifying. I love the game so much, that I will surely buy the DLC stages after I'm done 100% it.

EDIT: PLATINUM GOT!!! If only PSN could come back so I can update my card

Edited by Drac Mazoku

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about it. It's pissing me off. The shit lags or skips at times, which has gotten me killed multiple times, half the damn time when I try to grab shit with the werehog, it won't do it: leaving me to die. The camera is shit. Sonic is too damn fast. I haven't even upgraded his speed past level 2. & then Eggmanland's hotdog missions... I roughly had 7,000 rings before I tried mission 1. Yes, number 1. After 4 hours of dying I'm down to 100 rings & I STILL hadn't beat mission 1. What the fuck?! & This game is for kids?! What fucking kids was this aimed at? I'm 19 & struggle with this game. It's fun but some stuff is toooooooo hard. I might get 90% before I consider giving up. The Eggmanland missions might have me going through a few TV's, remotes, PS3's & probably doors.

Oh! Not to mention you only get a measly bronze for completing the Eggmanland missions. Lol. Whatever. It should be worth a fucking gold or silver since you can't die.

Edited by The Warning

Mission 1 is 10 rings each try.

If you could lose all 7000 rings in 4 hours that means you would have done it at least 700 times

Being 240 minutes in 4 hours that means that you have to die around every 20 seconds (not counting menu and loading between retry). Are you dying at the first laser fence every time?

I think you're really blowings things up out of proportion, rings are rarely a problem when it comes to mission. So don't give up.

And yes EggmanLand hotdog stand is really hard...but you also get better and better every time you try. TO a point where the time you can manage to do it once, you might also be able to do the others two in a row. I know that after countless hours of praticing the stage, I did mission 2 and 3 in one shot without trying too much because of all the time I've spent only on mission 1. The stage is awesome because you REALLY get better without realising, and when you do suceed, it's the best feeling you ever felt in a long while in any video game.

Edited by Drac Mazoku

• 1 month later...

I left this game alone for about 6 months. Came back to it yesterday and beat Eggmanland without dying for the first time. That gave me the hope I needed to complete the hot dog mission and...at long last...achieve my well deserved Platinum. DO NOT GIVE UP! :dance:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Oh yeah I gave up.

And then a half a year later, I come back with so much determination. So big that I breeze thru everything and beat Eggmanland 4 times, and get the plat.

I hope to do that. I just started this game, and i dont mind taking a year break to get this plat. Good job and like i said, i plan to do the same. but i will never give up, and never surrender

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this was one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. Sonic was way too fast and it seemed like at times you had to duck or slide before the obstruction appeared. Plus the game just didn't know when to end. Boss fight after boss fight after boss fight after boss fight. By the time it got to the end I just didn't care anymore. The game honestly went from 6/10 to 4/10 for that one reason.

The trials don't seem so bad looking back at them, but I'm sure they were a nightmare at the time. I started with Eggmanland because I like to get the hardest things out of the way. After many an attempt I managed to do it three times in a row.

Either way, I don't think I'd want to have to plat this again.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

i gave up after i beat eggmanland when it was just part of the story. i couldnt imagine doing it another couple of times for the trophies. i have 73% of the trophies and im missing 14 trophies. Especially the speeding ticket one, could never get that one. I don't think i'm gonna return to unleashed, it was quite a bad sonic game and felt like hell to me lol

• 3 months later...

Honestly, I couldn't even make it past Eggmanland. I still haven't after quite a few tries and a three-month hiatus from the game following one of my most epic rage-quits yet. I threw the controller and everything. In retrospect, it was quite comical how much this game pissed me off. I'm currently going for the platinum in Generations, but this game will be staying on the shelf for quite a while.

• 1 year later...