"Hard Boiled" Hardest trophy tournament help please!!

platinum

This trophy consists of doing 3 time trials of the final stage in the game, Eggmanland. You have a time limit each time, but the limits are high enough to where that doesn't matter. What makes it so hard is that the level is really, really long (20-25 minutes if you're fast and know some shortcuts), the difficulty is much higher compared to all the other levels in the game and if you die once, you have to completely start the trial over. There are numerous platforming / "tightrope" sections that are just brutal and require perfect playing, and the game's glitchy camera can throw you off sometimes. It can be very frustrating to spend 20 minutes on the level only to die near the end and have to start all over. It's not good enough to complete it once without dying, you have to do it 3 times.

To put it in perspective, it took me 70 minutes and probably 30 deaths to get through it the very first time I attempted it, during the normal gameplay. I had to practice for many hours to memorize the level enough to where I could get through it dying only once or twice.

Also platinuming Sonic Unleashed is VERY long. It will take you more than a week to platinum this game, even a MONTH depending on your skills in this game. But no doubt, this will take more than a week to platinum. There are over 60 hot dog missions for you do and you cannot die in ALL of them.

He was only asking about why Hard Boiled is so hard... :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Also platinuming Sonic Unleashed is VERY long. It will take you more than a week to platinum this game, even a MONTH depending on your skills in this game. But no doubt, this will take more than a week to platinum. There are over 60 hot dog missions for you do and you cannot die in ALL of them.

i don't think that it has to take over a week if u have a few skills in sonic and u r playing 24/7 u can platinum this game in under a week when i was platinuming it 4 the 2nd time i did it in 3 days while i was playing 24/7 ( I wasn't even sleeping hehe)

• 1 month later...
i don't think that it has to take over a week if u have a few skills in sonic and u r playing 24/7 u can platinum this game in under a week when i was platinuming it 4 the 2nd time i did it in 3 days while i was playing 24/7 ( I wasn't even sleeping hehe)

Lord knows why'd you wanna platinum this shit game more than once but irregardless. You know all the levels, you don't have to spend as much (if any at all) relearning the levels to pass the Hot-Dog Missions. Once you know the levels and what to expect from satanic camera system, the hardest part is over. Problem is, most Sonic levels are between 2 and 5 minutes. Eggmanland is a compilation of 3 Sonic levels and tight-roping/platforming as the Werehog so it's the worst of both worlds. Memorization for the Sonic part and wrestling with camera for the Werehog part.

I would bet my PS3 on the fact that no one has ever picked up Sonic Unleashed (despite all the practice in the world from previous 3D Sonic titles) and platinum'd it in anything less than a week.

Short of that craptastic new Street Fighter game everyone seems to worship (since it's made by Capcom I presume) nothing makes me rage more than this game. Fuck you, Sonic Team. Fuck you.

I would bet my PS3 on the fact that no one has ever picked up Sonic Unleashed (despite all the practice in the world from previous 3D Sonic titles) and platinum'd it in anything less than a week.

Oh? Is it a slim one or a fat one. I'd like to know because I can then make space on my desk for it. Only I think I can form an argument that it is possible to platinum this in under a week... mainly because I and several others could argue that we've done just that.

Before PS3 trophy guide went down (the site that used to show who was the first 10 people in the world to get platinum on it.) I think I was around 5th or 7th on it to get platinum for this game.

I got this game on the day it came out in the UK which was the 19th December 2008 (friday).... however, I did not play it until the Sunday (21st Dec) because I was still finishing off Quantum of Solace.

The first trophy I got was the Ace pilot one (21/12/2008 2:43)

I played the game more or less religiously up until Christmas day when I decided to try out World at War and aquanauts holiday, I eventually came back to the game at around the 27th December and continued to play it religiously.... all the way up until January 3rd 2009 when I got platinum.

However, there was at least one person on PS3 trophy guide recorded as getting the platinum at least 1 and a bit days earlier.

So by my reasoning, that would be about a week if not less right?

This was at also at a time when there were no guides for the levels or guides for the sun/moon gems, so for those first 10 people, we had to do all the hard work when it came to looking for gems and there were no youtube speedruns showing shortcuts and exploits, so today you could easilly beat this game in 5 days if not less.

Edited by King_Ubu

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Vanquish was an easy platinum if you exclude tactical challenge 6 it's maybe a 5-6. But Eggmanland isn't the only frustration Unleashed has to offer lol.

Tactical challenge is hard than Eggmanland. But I platinumed Vanquish in like 3 days(1 day was spent on the challenge. And I'm almost done with Unleashed after 1 week and a half.

• 1 month later...