Hot dog missions

Lewis_Grindell

Hey, Im making this thread to ask about the hot dog missions.

Could someone try and explain these missions more clearly to me? Im looking around on different sites and seeing things like you have to beat Eggman land 3 times without dying or you have to beat egg man land 15 times.:confused:

Well my main question is do you only have to beat each mission once without dying?

And what are they talking about when they say you have to beat all missions 15 times each?

Thanks in advance.

I guess by saying that you have to beat each mission 14 times, is that there are 7 day time hot dog stand missions (i think) and that there are 6 night time missions (i think), and ofc you have to beat the mission once to progress through the story.

I always thought that with Eggmanland, you only had to beat the stage 3 times, as the stage is.. crossed between day and night.. and that the only hot dog missions are timed.

Day Missions:

Collect (X) Ring's x3

Timed Run x3

Defeat (X) Enemy's x1?

Night Time Missions:

Survival (No healing, Just blocking) x3

Collect (X) Rings x3

Not too sure if this is correct, as i haven't played this game in along time but i hope it answers your questions.

I guess by saying that you have to beat each mission 14 times, is that there are 7 day time hot dog stand missions (i think) and that there are 6 night time missions (i think), and ofc you have to beat the mission once to progress through the story.

I always thought that with Eggmanland, you only had to beat the stage 3 times, as the stage is.. crossed between day and night.. and that the only hot dog missions are timed.

Day Missions:

Collect (X) Ring's x3

Timed Run x3

Defeat (X) Enemy's x1?

Night Time Missions:

Survival (No healing, Just blocking) x3

Collect (X) Rings x3

Not too sure if this is correct, as i haven't played this game in along time but i hope it answers your questions.

So you have to beat eggman land 3 times without dying?

For 8 of the countries (excluding Eggmanland), you have to complete a day stage 9 times and a night stage 6 times. So you'll have to complete 15 runs to get each country's trophy.

Lee_ almost had it right, what they are is this:

Day:

- 3 time trials (target time decreases each time)

- 3 collect X rings (ring count increases each time)

- 3 defeat X enemies (enemy count increases each time)

Night:

- 3 time trials (target time decreases each time)

- 3 survival trials (starting life meter decreases each time, no healing items are available)

I've gotten two hot dog trophies and they actually weren't that bad, once you memorize the level. They are just time consuming, particularly the night ones that can run 7-10 minutes each time.

For Eggmanland, I believe it's just 3 time trials since it contains both day and night sections. I only just beat Eggmanland for the first time yesterday, and I'm not looking forward to these, because the stage is very, very long.

• 3 weeks later...
Seriously, these hot dogs missions are lame... Im getting tired of repeating same level over and over again.

Yeah, I wish that if you meet the criteria for Level 3 on a Level 1 run that it would count for 3 runs, but no.... you have to do the same thing 9 times in a row. They are very tedious, but it is what it is.

I only got to do the Chun-nan hot dog missions then I'm completely FREE from the hot dog missions. It's soooo tiring this. I'm sick of dying and have to repeat the level from scratch again.

But just Chun-nan to do and I'm finally done with all the hot dog crap. =3

Then I have to collect all medals, then the platinum's mine. <3

I only got to do the Chun-nan hot dog missions then I'm completely FREE from the hot dog missions. It's soooo tiring this. I'm sick of dying and have to repeat the level from scratch again.

But just Chun-nan to do and I'm finally done with all the hot dog crap. =3

Then I have to collect all medals, then the platinum's mine. <3

Do you have to beat Eggman land 3 times without dying?:eek::eek:

Do you have to beat Eggman land 3 times without dying?:eek::eek:

Um, yes. I thought you knew that already.... o.O

But today I'm so f***ing happy. I got all the hot dog missions out of the way AT LAST. I was actually dancing literally. You don't know how hard this whole thing was to me. >.> This will be my first ever platinum I'm able to show off proper since it's one of the hardest plats out there.

Edited by StarlightSammy

...what? Where do you see that? It's three times you have to do it without dying.

I hope too, that you knew that the other hot dog missions you must complete every single of them without dying too? There are 9 daytime missions and 6 night time missions in each continent (except Eggmanland) and you must go through each and one of them WITHOUT dying. If you die, you'll have to start the mission from the top all over again.

...what? Where do you see that? It's three times you have to do it without dying.

I hope too, that you knew that the other hot dog missions you must complete every single of them without dying too? There are 9 daytime missions and 6 night time missions in each continent (except Eggmanland) and you must go through each and one of them WITHOUT dying. If you die, you'll have to start the mission from the top all over again.

I do no now. Thanks.;)

That's easier then I first thought then. :D

• 1 month later...

Finally beat the last of the hot dog missions last night. The last ones I had to do were the day missions in Abadat. Once I get the rest of the sun and moon medals, I'm PLATINUM!!!

Tips for anyone having trouble would be the following. On the day missions, take an iterative approach. Find the shortcuts (youtube if you want) that will give you the optimal path. Then keep playing over and over until you memorize what you need to do. Before too long, what was once impossible will be very doable. Some stages are flat out hard to beat without dying and the time really isn't a factor. Abadat and Eggmanland come to mind. On the night missions, patience is key. Most of the difficulty lies in tricky jumps. Make sure you have the camera aligned properly with the right analog if it isn't fixed.

Most importantly, don't give up. This game can be very frustrating with the bad framerates, shoddy controls, bad camera and intermittent glitches, but that makes the trophies all that much more satisfying.

Good luck!

• 1 year later...
This game can be very frustrating with the bad framerates, shoddy controls, bad camera and intermittent glitches, but that makes the trophies all that much more satisfying.

Sega got me this far: I will never ever play this game again and will think twice before I buy another Sonic- and even Sega-title. There's a big difference between a hard game and a frustrating game and Sonic Unleashed is by far the most frustrating game I ever played. What were they thinking? Did they even bother to play it themselves? The game was designed to annoy people, but I won't give up until Platinum. I'm that pigheaded but will sell it once I platinumed it because like I said: never ever again! Maybe I just break the disc in half :-)

• 5 months later...

When I got to pass the Eggmanland while completing the storyline I lost all my lives after about 45-60 mins of playing that specific stage. I got so angry that I started biting my shirt and punching the wall. Then the question came... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THE TIME TRIAL HOT DOG MISSIONS 3 TIMES WITHOUT DYING IN THIS STAGE??? Then I decided to get as many trophies as possible and leave the Hot Dog Missions (and platinum) out. It's really kinda impossible. Congrats to all of those who plated it! You must be the masters of Sonic (even though I play Sonic games for years and years).

Don't give up. Even EggmanLand, it's just a matter of doing it again...and again...and again...and again, until, without realizing it, you mastered the entire level. It took me at least 4-5 hours to finally beat it once without losing a life, and after that, mission 2 and 3, almost did the two of them in a row. Once you've mastered it, you will almost do it blind-folded (well not really, but you get my point).