Question

Sarujo

Are the cheats still intact in this port. Cause that would make these trophies beyond easy. ;)

In case anybody is wondering, this is what I'm talking about.

Taken from GameFAQs:

Config Mode

There is a code called control mode, which is required before activating this code.

To activate control mode, press UP, C, DOWN, C, LEFT, C, RIGHT, C at the title screen, but before pressing start to begin the game, press and hold A as you hit start. Now, rather than just being in control mode, you can enable config mode by pressing button B.

Sonic will morph into a ring, and the arrows can move him anywhere, even in the air, or through obstacles such as walls, floors, or even ceilings {GREAT FOR TELEPORTING!}.

You can change the item Sonic appears as by hitting A while in config mode. Button B makes Sonic normal again, and button C will place the sprite that you have selected for Sonic to appear as. For example, you press B, and Sonic becomes a ring, press C to make a ring appear exactly where the ring icon is.

WARNING!: This will distort several different things, such as the score, time, and other various icons throughout the game such as the finish sign at the end of the first two acts of each zone that spins when Sonic shoots past them, and the small score icons that appear whenever Sonic jumps high enough after finishing a level. That is all I have noticed in my time playing the game, but there could be more out there yet. The game is still quite playable this way, so it should not hurt you.

Level Select

At the title screen, press Up, Down, Left, Right. You should hear a noise like a ring being collected. Then, hold A and press Start for a level select!

Secret Game Message

At the title screen, press C,C,C,C,C,C,Up, Down, Left, Right. When the demo starts, hold A, B, C, Down then press Start. Instead of the Sonic Team logo, you will see a list of the game's developers in Japanese. When the title screen appears, a flashing "Press Start Button" will be there under Sonic's head.

Walk through walls in Marble Zone

When you ride the green block accross a sea of lave, there are a couple of big blocks in front of you with rings on. If you hold the D-PAD DOWN button, Sonic will crouch. The green block will go underneath the blocks, but sonic will remain on it, and pass through the walls. Note that this ONLY WORKS WHILE CROUCHING

Drunk Sonic

During the demo, hold C. Sonic will crash into walls and get hit by enemies.

Edited by Sarujo

That's a shame. I remember the first cheat was use in both the first two games. You could change and produce any item in the game. You could create a multitude of rings in one place and then rack up on them when you changed back to normal. So that could have gave you an instant Centurion. If not mistaken, you could also materialize the giant ring without having any rings all. So you could just jump to the special stages instantly.

I remember using this cheat a lot in Sonic 2. Especially after getting all the chaos emeralds to become Super Sonic. Wow the times I had with that game. :think: