Did anyone actually play the games in full?

I was wondering if many people actually enjoyed the game collection and tried to beat all of the games, or just mailed it back to gamefly like most of the planet...

Kinda funny they are now also re-re-releasing these games on PSN so you can buy them again.

I hope theTG-16 games come as well, and not just the Genesis ones...

I don't have my platinum yet but I don't even think of returning it.

Well, it's a really nice collection to have to play when a friend comes over. Nothing beats playing sidescrolling beat 'em ups like Golden Axe with a friend.

I agree I think its one of those games that you keep for the sake of it due to the fun you can have when your friends come over.

Theres only a few games that I liked anyways from the mega drive but its those games that make it worth keeping and playing

• 2 weeks later...

I bought it for the games. Its replay value is only moderate, but you never know when you will get the urge to play classic turn based RPG( shining force) or some hack n slash classic fun ( golden axe). i also discovered some great games I never played before in bonanza bros and a guilty pleasure in Flicky....

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think i'd ever take this back. Playing through the classic games feels nice, especially as you can now actually complete them without having to spend an entire day or two on it due to the save feature. The amount of times i'd get through 80% of Asterix or Sonic on the master system/mega drive and never get to complete it lol. It's also nice to have something different in my game collection. Great game, not keen on all of the titles on it though but still :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

i just started playing this again thanks to the psn outage. some games i didnt even touch before turned out to be really good, dynamite headdy is awesome! (kinda like gunstar heros but freakier)

next will be a walkthrough of shining force or story of thor, but yeah the best are beat 'em ups in co-op mode!

i could never sell this collection, even if i rarely play it

So far I've beaten Sonic 3 and Sonic 3D Blast. I even took the time to beat MBM on Hardest! ( MBM Took a good 4 hours :p)

MBM is probably the hardest Mega Drive/Genesis game i ever played. But fortunately i managed to fluke my way through it first time round :D largely due to the fact i played it quite a lot as a kid lol. Oh i was such a cool child :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

To be brutally honest, I only got this game purely for the easy platinum. I did play some of the games a bit more and I was thinking about playing some of the classic RPG's but I think I'd rather dedicate more of my time to trophy hunting for the moment. Even though this is a fantastic trip down memory lane, I wonder about spending the time.