Memories of my youth have been crushed...

After playing Golden Axe 1-3 and Streets of Rage, my memories of playing these games was entirely false. I loved them as an 8 yr old, but now they just don't stack up in any way compared to todays games. In fact, I go as far as to say they downright suck. :(

I'm hoping that if I revisit the Uncharted games in 15 to 20 years time, my feelings about those games won't be compromised.

I enjoyed the Tetris-style 'Columns' and 'Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine' most of all these. Most were unplayable there were so poor imo.

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree. I loved these games and the platforming, pixelated 16 bit graphics, the fun co op play. Still play them with the same admiration because they were where I started getting into video games. I never compare them to modern games because of the advancement of systems graphics, power, capabilities, etc. Just my opinion. I still love the Vectorman games!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it. Either you're not a true gamer, or... Well, your're not a true game. This is called evolution. Things evolve, and games aren't different. But that doesn't mean they have become trash or something. It's just your perception of games that has evolved.

For me, these games are still great an challenging on their own way. Playing them just reminds me of my wonderful gaming childhood.

I have fond memories of most of the games on the disc and I mostly enjoyed getting this plat, but I agree, some of them don't hold up so well. However, the Golden Axe and Streets of Rage games aren't ones I would single out as being "bad." The ones that held up the worst are the ones I didn't enjoy playing on the Genesis in the first place.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually...many of these games are still amazing. It's true some haven't aged well, but some are the same quality, graphically, as many Vita/DS games.

No one can argue that the Sonic games or Ristar aren't great still. I thought Streets of Rage looked better. Though, playing it using an SD TV and the actual cartridge may be a bit better. No one can tell me the music in Streets of Rage 1 and 2 isn't some of the best music from the 16-64 bit era. I like it better than a lot of modern games' music.

The higher quality games held up well, just the lesser games like E-Swat and Alien Storm are crap. Even then, some people may like them. I really want to play a Super NES RPG now. :dance:

• 5 months later...

Sure games have aged and some of them still play great (Sonic for example). My only criticism is that a lot of my favourites were left out. I was a massive Shmup fan as a kid and Gynoug, Hellfire, Truxton and Ghouls'n'Ghosts were left out. Sure I realize that there were obviously third party licensing issues with getting some of those games in.

Quite a few of the games were rubbish (but I did quite enjoy a couple of ones I never experienced back then (Fatal Labyrinth, Comix Zone).