Nostalgia Will Fool You

VirtualScot

So i bought this game a few months ago on the cheap. I was fooled into buying this due to the nostalgia factor. And yes i gave it several changes. And it might be a fairly easy game to Plat if you can bare the frustration of dealing with poor controls, bad camera angles and so on. That contribute to cheap deaths.

But for me it simply made this game to annoying and frustrating to want to wade through all that shit. So today i took the disc and proudly bent the life out of it , and put it where it belongs. In the trash.

Don't be fooled like me. Save your money and buy something else that is worth it.

So i bought this game a few months ago on the cheap. I was fooled into buying this due to the nostalgia factor. And yes i gave it several changes. And it might be a fairly easy game to Plat if you can bare the frustration of dealing with poor controls, bad camera angles and so on. That contribute to cheap deaths.

But for me it simply made this game to annoying and frustrating to want to wade through all that shit. So today i took the disc and proudly bent the life out of it , and put it where it belongs. In the trash.

Don't be fooled like me. Save your money and buy something else that is worth it.

what the hell this game is the best sonic game in a long time you must be just bad at the game

Your right i was not amazing at that game. But i don't think there was much incentive to get good at it. Even if i did i still think it sucks. A lot of the levels are litter with blind spots for a start. The camera angles at times make early 3D 32 bit polygon game's look more refined.

And it seems as if they have cleverly disguised all the issues regarding the controls with the ability to upgrade, to counter them. See i'm not as dismissive of this stuff cause it has a blue hedgehog that was at one time great.

Shrug my shoulders and say well it's better than the other recent stuff Sega have done with the IP.

My first console was the Master System, and the 8 bit Sonic The Hedgehog was the first game i got. That in gaming terms is like the middle ages, a long time ago.

It's never coming back. And Sonic will never be that good again as it was on the MS and MD.

Maybe i might find another copy for under 5 quid and just slog it out, then be done with it. For now i have Alice in Madness waiting to be played. I might also get Rayman Origins soon to.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Agreed. Bought this a while back and started it yesterday. Only played maybe the first 4 zones but it's seems way too sloppy. Not sure how frustrating it's going to become.

• 2 months later...