this game is very fun

kayden12

• 4 months later...

This game is very cool. I didn't know what it would be like, but it's so much fun. Reminds me of the 16-bit days. Not that far, but I like Speed Highway the best. Feels like Sonic 2. Great thing is that Modern Sonic levels add in that 3D racing forward, but are so similar to classic games, that you still feel like it's 2D.

Best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure for DC. Not too difficult so far, either. The challenges have been pretty easy and I like an easy, yet fun game. Like Sly Cooper 1. Played enough tough games, an easy one makes for a good change of pace when it's well made.:D

This is really my first time playing a Sonic game since the Genesis era. I did rent Sonic Heroes, but I thought it was so horrendously bad that I lied to Blockbuster and said it didn't work just so I wouldn't have had to spent a dime on it.

I'm having fun with it, though most of that fun comes from the side-scrolling gameplay and not the race-track 3D gameplay of the more modern Sonic games, though they aren't bad. They're much, much, MUCH better than what I played in Sonic Heroes.

I think part of the problem is that because I've never played any of the 3D Sonic games, that I'm completely new to that kind of gameplay and Generations doesn't really ease you in because I suspect they thought anyone playing this game would have played AT LEAST one Sonic game since the Genesis days.

Though I don't care what has happened to the series since the golden days, I will NEVER call Dr Robotnik, "Eggman."

Edited by Riotcraft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Next to Sonic Colors, this is obviously the best modern-day Sonic game I've played. I also love the fact they brought back Planet Wisp and gave it a new feeling with the HD treatment Generations has.

Not only did I like Planet Wisp, but I also love how they made Crisis City a lot better than they did back in Sonic '06, and the modern-day remakes of the Classic and Dreamcast-era levels really made me happy (New City Escape kicks ass, especially with the remade theme music).

In my opinion, this is also a great way to celebrate Sonic's 20th Anniversary.

Edited by MikelAL93