Rate the trophy difficulty...  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.61

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im giving it a 6 due to getting a ranking of S on all stages and few single trophies like not falling into water on chemical plant 2 etc.

EDIT: Got the platinum on Nov 4th, ended up being the 9th according to Yourgamercards first 50 achievers' list. Having plat'd the game I'd say it'd b a 5 rather than 6 imo, the no damage trophy, chemical plant act 2 w/o entering the water were slightly annoying, collecting all rings without a guide, completing all challenges (at least they were not that repetitive) and having to remove my friends for the online trophies didn't prove to be that amusing as well but overall i enjoyed the game:p

Took me about 25 hours I'd say.

Edited by Tii

I give it a 3. I only have a few red rings and a few challenge gates that I've been too lazy to do left, and this game really is one of the easier platinums I've seen.

I got all stage S ranks on the first try, and if you're familiar with both play styles, they're all very simple on the first few runs. The score requirement never even changes, to be honest. So that just keeps it even simpler.

Some of the side stuff like don't fall in the chemicals can be annoying at first, but all of those usually consist of just stick to the top path anyway. And all the hidden stuff has in-game hints from the characters literally telling you how to find every single thing required to collect.

Edit: Got my platinum earlier. The no hit run on the final boss gets a bit annoying and maybe makes this a bit more than a 3 depending on how long it takes, but it's doable after you rest a few times and get the visual and sound cues memorized for what dodges you need to use.

Edited by child of lileth

I'm not voting since I haven't played the PS3 version, but I'd give it a 4 from what I've played so far (All Challenges in the first area, beaten the game). I say that because the Red Ring Stars are going to suck to find, and the Special Trophies per stage seem like they'll be a bit hard to do since most of them don't have a Video Guide yet.

Beating the Final Boss without getting hit is more tricky than hard IMO, because it's kind of hard to tell what's coming at you, and Rings are hard to see in 3D mode. Also, the controls aren't exactly what I'd call consistent in terms of moving in that fight.

I rated it a 4 for the average gamer who doesn't normally play Sonic games.

However as someone who has played and 100% every Sonic game referenced in Generations I hardly found it difficult and would personally rate it as a 2 only because of "Can't Touch This". "Can't Touch this" is probably the most challenging trophy in the game and it hard hardly compares to challenges in other Sonic games.

Just got my Platinum today. I originally voted a 6, but I would lower that to a 5. I was expecting more of a challenge getting S Ranks and Red Rings, but they weren't that bad, the challenge acts were more of a pain. 1 week to Platinum, pretty easy just a tad time consuming. After replaying the main stages a few times they become really really easy. It was fun while it lasted. Hoping for some good DLC to extend the replayability of this great game.

Alright, enough is enough with low ratings on games that aren't even that low.

This is NOT a 3/4 out of 10.

This is more like in range of 4 to 7 out of 10 difficulty.

I'm really sick of seeing people downplay my work and others because some dumbfuck comes on the rating thread before they even 100%'d the game and a bunch of people echo them, then the guide writer fucking nerve to write 3/10 in the guide. How about waiting for more votes? Now you know what's happening? Random people are coming into the thread to look at hard it is, then they think it was a joke.

I slaved away for about 4 days with 10-15 hour sittings and completed it. That's a 3/10? There WAS a bunch of tricky challenges and trophies too.

I'm sick of people seeing my completion, wondering about it, coming here, then shrugging it off as just some "easy Plat" I got, totally downplaying the value of the completion.

I'm NOT saying this is a totally hard completion, but it's not a giveaway at all and requires a little devotion.

I'm not accepting this being rated so low.

Here's the facts, not what some randoms say about it:

Yourgamercards: 128 of 1,774 (7.22%) worldwide currently have Platinum

PSNProfiles: 40 of 583 (6.69%) worldwide have Platinum

Xbox360achievements.org guide writer's rating: 6 or 7/10

My friends list: 7 people have the game, I'm the only one who completed it. These are all level 20+ accounts

Personally this is a 6.5 out of 10

Edited by yuggy

Alright, enough is enough with low ratings on games that aren't even that low.

This is NOT a 3/4 out of 10.

This is more like in range of 4 to 7 out of 10 difficulty.

I'm really sick of seeing people downplay my work and others because some dumbfuck comes on the rating thread before they even 100%'d the game and a bunch of people echo them, then the guide writer fucking nerve to write 3/10 in the guide. How about waiting for more votes? Now you know what's happening? Random people are coming into the thread to look at hard it is, then they think it was a joke.

I slaved away for about 4 days with 10-15 hour sittings and completed it. That's a 3/10? There WAS a bunch of tricky challenges and trophies too.

I'm sick of people seeing my completion, wondering about it, coming here, then shrugging it off as just some "easy Plat" I got, totally downplaying the value of the completion.

I'm NOT saying this is a totally hard completion, but it's not a giveaway at all and requires a little devotion.

I'm not accepting this being rated so low.

My friends list: 7 people have the game, I'm the only one who completed it. These are all level 20+ accounts

First and foremost this is everyone's personal opinion, a majority of the votes are hitting 3 but some decide not to echo them and issue the game a 4. Believe it or not I've played many many difficult games (not on PS3 but on 360 as well) and a quite a bit of Sonic games in my past and can safely this game hits a low rating, why ? Because the game holds your hand the entire way (Thank you Omachao).

Story Mode is so short and straight forward and the boss fights are nothing to fear. Challenge Acts weren't so hard at all especially since you didn't have to S Rank any of them, i exploited killing myself to the last checkpoint just so I can make up for my mistakes in this doppelganger races, I think the only Challenge Act that gave me trouble was Vectors for Modern Sonic and after thinking about how to approach it it became much easier. S-Ranking Story Acts was much easier compared to older Sonic games, they were practically handed to us. Red Star Rings can easily be done through guides and then Online was alittle buggy but those were just replaying the stages off Story mode. Maybe some of the misc trophies like not touching the water or avoiding cars and rocks might have bothered some players but you could move as slow as a turtle if you wished to to avoid the hassles of doing it regularly with our speedy hedgehog. The only note worthy trophy from the list is "Can't Touch This" and all you have to do is avoid Time Eaters attacks, understanding your Ring management and how to react to Time Eaters attacks is all that was needed (and thank god Sonic's friends shouted out every last Homing Attack that came my way ...)

Other site ratings mean nothing to me, for example I have Portal 2 on my list another easy (P) game and never finished due to the fact that I didn't care to, that may be the case with most of those ratings considering it came out the same day as Uncharted 3. x360a's guide rating is based on the writers opinion not the community as a whole, his guide hasn't even been updated at all since its early release days.

So yes we all gave it a low rating because it really is a no brainer of a Platinum. Compared to Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) on the Xbox 360 I could easily do this game a second time if I wished.

And like you said, that's your personal opinion and experience with the game, and past experience of similar games.

Most people had their hand held via a guide, then come in and vote low when it's all over and done with, and like to show off that anything is simple to them. But before the completion they were singing another tune.

My main point is, this is not a 3/10. More in range of 4 to 7 being realistic.

I suggest you remove the temporary(?) 3/10 "official rating" in your guide until maybe another 10-20 votes.

Edited by yuggy

And like you said, that's your personal opinion and experience with the game, and past experience of similar games.

Most people had their hand held via a guide, then come in and vote low when it's all over and done with, and like to show off that anything is simple to them. But before the completion they were singing another tune.

My main point is, this is not a 3/10. More in range of 4 to 7 being realistic.

I suggest you remove the temporary(?) 3/10 "official rating" in your guide until maybe another 10-20 votes.

Past experience that is 5 years old (I havent played a Sonic game since the release of the first one on the new gen consoles) and then I easily come into this with the only concern being time and locations of the Red Star Rings, I used a written guide before the Video guides came to surface so others will have it easier then when I did it for those rings.

I put the rating depending on what has the majority vote in this thread and update accordingly, I'm not going to make what really is an easy game look "harder" to those wondering its difficulty when they look at the guide.

Things don't have to be black or white. There's a middle ground between easy and hard. This is in that range. Whether it's the lower or upper half of that middle ground is up to you. Fact of the matter is it's not as low as some are saying in here.

You can keep on saying stuff but the facts are facts and just not many people are completing this game. I am commonly seeing just story complete and then they give up or stop playing, or attempt all challenges and see how many there are and then give up.

Edited by yuggy

Yes, I just prefer guide writers to wait before it at least gets a rating image before putting down a rating (not even with a "temporary" text next to it? Come on).

I'd say take out that or at least put a note, until it gets about 10-20 more votes.

Yes, I just prefer guide writers to wait before it at least gets a rating image before putting down a rating (not even with a "temporary" text next to it? Come on).

I'd say take out that or at least put a note, until it gets about 10-20 more votes.

The rating image doesn't usually come for a long while now but when it does I'll let the guide team know to change the rating if it goes beyond 3.

The guide has been submitted so I don't want there to be an N/A next to it once they reach it in their queue, if the majority of votes is still 3 by the time they get to work on it then it'll be a 3. I'll update as I see more people vote in this thread until then.

You can't expect everyone who has bought the game to be constantly playing and trying to get the platinum.

Give it some time and the percentages will even up to around 10-20% in some time :)

As for the ratings it is people's own opinion and they have a right to their own opinion. Yours might be different.