Sonic Poll: What are your top 3 favorite & top 3 least favorite characters?

luffybuggy

With the release of sonic generations only a month away, I decided to hold a small poll of who your favorite sonic characters are and which sonic characters you can't stand. If you can list the reasons for your picks.

Favorite

Sonic- He's the star and the fastest hedgehog alive ^_^

tails- He's the classic sidekick and has been around since nearly the beginning

Metal Sonic- He's the greatest adversary sonic has ever faced and always seems to come back in one way or another

Least Favorite

Big- He's an idiot. Playing as him in Sonic adventure was the worst time i ever spent.

Charmy Bee- Even when i met him in knuckles chaotix i didnt like him. Then sonic heroes came around and his personality just kinda killed him totally in my opinion.

Cream the Rabbit- She just doesnt fit. I think the only reason she was created was to be another girl, but one that could be friends with Amy. I dont know but thats what i think.

Please list your top 3 favorite and 3 least favorite. If you can leave a small comment saying if i should do another poll and what topic.

Thank you

Top 3

1. Sonic

Because well, it's Sonic =)

2. Metal Sonic

But only from Sonic CD, even if you don't see him much, he's just awesome there.

3. Shadow

Dunno, despite all the hate, I liked Shadow game and his character can be cool sometimes, when he actually had one unlike in Sonic 06 =)

So yeah, hedgehogs all the way =)

Bottom 3

1. Modern Metal Sonic

He's just pointless pathetic trash now (and goddamn I hate the abomination called Metal Overlord).

2. Charmy

He's annoying and I don't like him.

3. Modern Eggman

Sure, he was funny now and then, but right now he's more of a joke than a villain (yes Sonic Colours, I'm looking at you). You can crucify me if you want, but I think the Eggman from Sonic 06 should come back, he was pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Sonic - Does it need explanation? Frankly he's just awesome to play as (when it works) in pretty much every game.

2. Knuckles - In the Mega Drive era he was great to play as and even in 3D he works well (the treasure hunting is questionable but actually kinda suits him) but I'd still prefer him as an action character.

3. Tails - Brilliant to play in the Mega Drive era once again, simply for flying and swimming if nothing else. It was also nice how much they tried to alter the game play around them (such as the boss of the Marble Garden Zone).

Also I'm a big fan of Sonic the Comic (UK) and have loved their development and personalities in that (if no one has read them please try to find them, a good place to start would be stconline.com).

Least favourite would probably be:

1. Sliver - Potentially good idea but do we really need ANOTHER hedgehog? Add to that his game play style doesn't gel well with the Sonic series' feeling in my opinion.

2. Big the Cat - Nothing wrong in particular just as a character he bring nothing like the others on this list and his game play is boring as hell and doesn't fit the series one bit, he felt like total padding in Sonic Adventure and has noting useful to add in comics accept potentially having eaten Chaos.

3. Charmy Bee & Cream the Rabbit - I'm a bit sad to put Charmy on here as he's great in the comics (although as a bit of a comedy character) but he brings nothing to the game. The same goes for Cream (come on, seriously no one else finds the name Cream the Rabbit funny?!?!) and they both seem totally pointless to the series and mainly turned up due to the need for flying characters in Heroes but at least Charmy had a bit of a place in Chaotix as he was part of the original team.

Favourite

The amazing trio from the Megadrive Era

Sonic - Come on he the main character and one of the most iconic videogame characters

Tails - Sidekick of Sonic and one the should stay at Sonic side no matter what

Knuckles - For me the best rival Sonic ever had (not to be confused with enemy) not some copy like Shadow or Silver, he was so cool back in the Megadrive era, he still cool but lost something since then

Least favourite

Big the Cat - WTF

Cream - Just no

Charmy Bee - annoying as hell

And i want Robotnik back, Eggman is kinda of a joke come on

Really hard to Say.

My favorite 3 would have to be

Sonic, Tails, Eggman/Knuckles are tied. I just chose them because they were the first characters I was introduced to through the games. Honestlys not many I dislike.

I would Probably have to say

1. Silver. pretty much for the same reasons theslink2000 had.

2. Big the Cat. I don't mind him as a character so much as the Game play. Fishing? seriously?

3.Tikal the Echidna. Her voice scrapes through my brain like a rusty spike.

Really hard to Say.

I would Probably have to say

1. Silver. pretty much for the same reasons theslink2000 had.

2. Big the Cat. I don't mind him as a character so much as the Game play. Fishing? seriously?

3.Tikal the Echidna. Her voice scrapes through my brain like a rusty spike.

Nice to know you agree bud :)

But "Her voice scrapes through my brain like a rusty spike" made me laugh, she's loads better in the comics, well by better I probably mean interesting but still damned voice actors ruining the chances of new characters lol

Oh and I know it's not particularly relevant but leading on from what I said last I remember hearing somewhere that Sega has a bad habit of using Japanese vocal directors with western voice artists and they make them repeat the lines over and over and over to the point of tedium.

This may go some way to explaining the constantly poor (well fairly) voice acting in sonic games (again, it doesn't explain the script though).

But hey if you want a deep, well acted story then why are you playing a Sonic game, it's fun, fast and once again fun (at least it should be) so enjoy the ride!

(Weird fact: The lady that voices Elise in Sonic '06 was the original voice of Meg Griffin in Family Guy apparently... so "Shut up Meg!")

1. Sonic - Does it need explanation? Frankly he's just awesome to play as (when it works) in pretty much every game.

2. Knuckles - In the Mega Drive era he was great to play as and even in 3D he works well (the treasure hunting is questionable but actually kinda suits him) but I'd still prefer him as an action character.

3. Tails - Brilliant to play in the Mega Drive era once again, simply for flying and swimming if nothing else. It was also nice how much they tried to alter the game play around them (such as the boss of the Marble Garden Zone).

this is my list as well

top3 - sonic (a classic love the way he talks except in colots

shadow(im missing him i want to play as him again with boost)

blaze (always in my heart as the fire princess, loved her in sth06 nd sonic rush)

LEAST FAVE

big the cat( wtf sega not only does he sound gay but hes slow as hell. what i like about sonic is speed not fishing nd seeing his cameo pissed me off more)

amy rose(shes annoying she thinks shes sonics gf nd she appeared in every game since CD literally shes horrible nd annoying i would hate cream more if she appeared in more games)

silver(lets face it sth06 never really showed him off like they should have. he was a dick who followed what mephiles even though mephiles appearance said he cant be trusted and attacking sonic becoming a nuisance. i still like him better than two above hes not bad just annoying

• 2 weeks later...

Top 3

1: Sonic the Hedgehog - He's (obviously) been in since the beginning, before the Boost Gauge, before the Homing Attack, even before the Spin Dash - Sonic has defended planet Mobius with his wits as his only weapon, and just continued to get better with every new skill.

2: Amy Rose - She definitely doesn't get enough love as a character. She used to be meek and innocent, and then got all savvy and confident in her own abilities. She even used her first real conversation with Shadow to remind him of his true promise to Maria. I can't be the only person who thinks that Sonic will soften up and go out with Amy sooner or later.

3: Doctor Ivo Robotnik - I kid you not; my third favourite character is the egg-shaped, narcissistic antagonist! And why not? I grew up playing Sonic games and enjoying a challenge, and it was his machines that were providing the challenge. Plus he has an air of humour about him that is rarely seen in a villain these days. There's nothing wrong with having a villain who's fat and ugly with big black eyes and a moustache that looks like two paintbrushes sticking out of his nose! :p

Bottom 3

1: Big the Cat - OK, I know Sonic games aren't as much about speed as people may think (it's mainly about challenge and good platforming, which it definitely delivers), but an enormous purple cat that weighs more than Robotnik and FISHES!? What does fishing have to do with Sonic? In a series where a blue speedy hedgehog is freeing animals from captivity, why include a cat that's capturing fish?

2: Charmy Bee - I'm still waiting for the monitor that equips Sonic with a can of Raid. Charmy is the type who may as well be using his stinger on my ears! He's annoying in the games, he's annoying in the comic (though at least I didn't have to hear him!), and I have to wonder how Chaotix put up with him. They could have kept Mighty! Need a Flight Member on Sonic Heroes? Give Mighty a jetpack! Heck, Tails could have made it for him!

3: Omochao - Not only is the Omochao annoying, it is also a deceptive little LIAR. It told me that it would tell me anything I want to know, and yet it still has yet to tell me where its off button is. Yes, you can turn it off on Sonic Generations, but it still gives hints on loading screens. The only reason it isn't higher on the list is because it's possible to grab and damage it on Sonic Adventure 2. Nobody likes you, Omochao. Go home.

Edited by DarkStorm2Bad
Fixing a typo

Most favorites:

1. Sonic The Hedgehog: i buy Sonic for Sonic... XD

2. Knuckles The Echidna: i like Knuckles for his knuckles.

3. Shadow The Hedgehog: the better and coolest "copy" of Sonic.

Least favorites:

1. Amy Rose: she's cute and i love her cuteness, but her obsession has to stop. It's annoying as hell.

Dunno the other 2 though. Anyone from team Rose are annoying...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My top 3 are:

1) Blaze the Cat: Love her back story and her personality from Sonic Rush.

2) Dr. Robotnik/Dr. Eggman: How can you go wrong with the main antagonist from the very first game. In the later games, I love his mild stupidity. Makes me laugh.

3) Silver the Hedgehog: I know he's been getting a lot of hate, but I admire his sense if justice and perseverance. On top of that, he's voiced by Quinton Flynn! The voice actor who voices some of my favorite characters such as Raiden from Metal Gear Solid, Axel from Kingdom Hearts, and Henry Cooldown from No More Heroes.

My least favorites are:

1) Charmy Bee: Annoyingly stupid character. I hate his voice and how he never takes anything seriously.

2) Rouge the Bat: I only see her as a selfish bitch who is only out for herself instead of watching her "friends".

3) Cream the Rabbit: Another annoying character. I hate her innocence about her. I only liked her in Sonic Rush.

• 1 month later...

Fave 3:

#1 Shadow: Because he's a total badass, has a dark background/history, only fights to serve his own goals and purposes. He is in all retrospect; the Vegeta of the Sonic Universe.

#2 Knuckles: I always enjoyed playing as him on S&K and Sonic 3 w/S&K Expansion. Although his Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 stages got rather mundane and tedious after a while. His hot-headed temper, and love for fighting equally compensates for them :D

#3 Espio: The dude's a f'in Ninja. He can turn invisible, and throwing shurikens at enemies on Sonic Heroes never got boring :applause:

Favourite

The amazing trio from the Megadrive Era

Sonic - Come on he the main character and one of the most iconic videogame characters

Tails - Sidekick of Sonic and one the should stay at Sonic side no matter what

Knuckles - For me the best rival Sonic ever had (not to be confused with enemy) not some copy like Shadow or Silver, he was so cool back in the Megadrive era, he still cool but lost something since then

Least favourite

Big the Cat - WTF

Cream - Just no

Charmy Bee - annoying as hell

And i want Robotnik back, Eggman is kinda of a joke come on

Couldn't think of any better answer, not to say that Knuckles is an ass-kicker, no matter what game he's in.