Sonic CD ~ Trophy Video Guides

Shadowrider50

NOTE: Youtube account suspended, videos unavailable at the moment.

Trying to get in contact with youtube to resolve this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb2ojWBSRx8] Statue Saviour Trophy / Achievement Guide - Sonic CD - YouTube[/ame]

Watch the video for the location of the statue in Wacky Workbench level ACT 1.

First thing's first, you MUST travel to the past.

To travel to the past, collect a past sign and have Sonic run really fast for some time, if done correctly you should be travelling to the past, if not done correctly you will have to collect another past sign.

There is a hidden passage on a slope near a "Speedup powerup" early in the level (You might have to backtrack to it), if you are in the past you can walk through it and there will be a statue there that will give you lots of rings and a trophy. Check the video for the location.

I was the first person to unlock this trophy

----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIFPM6K7fTc]Take The High Road Trophy / Achievement Guide - Sonic CD - YouTube[/ame]

Start Collision Chaos Zone ACT 2.

Reach the Goal sign near the end of the level and go to the left of it to find a slope.

What you want to do is hit the bouncer pad that pops up when you go near it and then push the left analog stick to the left when Sonic is in the air and he should be hugging the wall and push it to the right when Sonic is ABOUT TO HIT THE BOTTOM CURVED AREA and keep repeating until you get enough momentum going to hit the pair of downward facing red springs.

This may take a few tries to get used to, time your analog stick pushes well.

Once you hit the top springs, push left on the analog stick and then push right once Sonic touches the bottom curved area then wait until Sonic is high enough to reach the ledge at the very top shown in the video and then push the analog stick to the right to land on it, now just go past the goal sign and the trophy is yours. This can be a little tricky to pull off.

ALTERNATIVE METHOD

You can try and use a spin dash to climb up the wall, Push down on the left stick and press x while facing the larger slope to get up there easily.

I have not tested this but it should work.

----------

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhvJ3h1miqE]Sonic CD - Unlimited Rings Trick - King of the Rings Trophy / Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Start Wacky Workbench Zone ACT 1.

Go to the statue i showed you in my "Statue Saviour Trophy Guide" video and just keep entering the statue room and exiting it and the statue will give you roughly 50 rings each time. With this method you can effectively get unlimited rings and rack up lives as well as unlocking "King of the rings" trophy.

Edited by Shadowrider50

You forgot to mention that this is in Act 1.

It also may have been helpful if you had shown people where to go from the beginning of the level, not only to where the statue is, but also how to get to the Past sign.

I'll add that in now :)

Yeah, more like you bought the game and got to this level faster than me =)

http://mostplays.com/smilies/sonic_2.gif

Edited by Shadowrider50

Don't be jealous that he got first to get this trophy, looking at Shadowrider50's trophy list, he won't 100% a game that's harder than a 2/10 difficulty.

He'll probably never do this completion.

But he WILL copy/paste help he found to look like he's some veteran.

Don't be jealous that he got first to get this trophy, looking at Shadowrider50's trophy list, he won't 100% a game that's harder than a 2/10 difficulty.

I'm not jealous, why would I be? That would be lame =)

Getting jealous when someone gets trophy faster than you is sad example of a trophy whoring at it's finest =)

Offtoping aside, did somebody tried to get the trophy by finding Robotnik's statue? Sure, it may seem that it won't unlock by default, but who knows what strange glitch may occur.

This trophy doesn't require skill, you just need to know the location of it beforehand, so as Sobol said i just got to the level before him and i dont think that would be something to be jealous of.

I do have quite some plats over 2/10 difficulty, but ive been buying alot of easy games recently since i want to move up leaderboards :)

I didn't copy and paste my guide, copy and paste a line from my guide and put it in quotes in a search engine and you will see there is no other site with that exact line unless someone plagiarized it.

Added a couple more video guides for 2 other trophies (Take the high road & King of the Rings)

Edited by Shadowrider50

I was the first person to unlock this

Sadly "YourGamerCards" only counts for a small number of the overall PS3 Userbase, so don't be too certain you were the 1st... but for now yes you are! I am 28th hehe :D (I too enjoy checking there to see where I have ranked after getting Plat/difficult trophies)

On that note it would be cool if Sony did have a database online for EVERY users records like YGC does... 268,000 of 50,000,000... seem to be missing the odd few lol :fire:

Edited by Static-X

Sadly "YourGamerCards" only counts for a small number of the overall PS3 Userbase, so don't be too certain you were the 1st... but for now yes you are! I am 28th hehe :D (I too enjoy checking there to see where I have ranked after getting Plat/difficult trophies)

On that note it would be cool if Sony did have a database online for EVERY users records like YGC does... 268,000 of 50,000,000... seem to be missing the odd few lol :fire:

50 mil? Try over 70 mil. That's what it was earlier this year when PSN got hacked, anyway. Might be close (or over) 80 mil now.

50 mil? Try over 70 mil. That's what it was earlier this year when PSN got hacked, anyway. Might be close (or over) 80 mil now.

HA yeh my bad, totally forgot about that... was just going by consoles sold, forgot about mulitple accounts, but yeh 80 Million... still a chance any of the other 79.7 Million people, that one of them may have beaten you... just a small chance hehe :D

"This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated."

:(

What did you do, Shadowrider?

I dont know, youtube just banned my account out of the blue :pout:

Apparently it says i did spam, scam or upload commercially deceptive content

I did none of that,

I'm trying to get in contact with youtube and hopefully this gets resolved quickly

That sucks. Hopefully you get it resolved soon. I wish they'd go after the people who actually upload deceptive content. Earlier today I saw a video claiming to be an easter egg for Gears of War 3, but it turned out that the douchebag just voiced over one line of the ending to change something a character says. Clearly not an easter egg, so I flagged it, but YouTube is likely too busy giving innocent users like you grief to actually do something about a legitimately deceptive video.