Help on 47 Factory Frolics AAA

I've tried and tried this mission multiple times, even found the shortcut, but Shadow as the absolute worst drifting, Sonic can apparently jump with no ramps and pull of tricks for boosts and, try as I might, even when I get AAA for a short time before the finish line, for some reason it drops to AA when I DO cross it.

Like the game knows... lol.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm really hoping this is one of those "5 or so" missions mentioned in guide that are really hard 'cuz up till now, there's only been one that I've had to retry more than twice and that was the target gates with the Bonanza Bros.

Thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...

Ah yes, I remember this one and everything you said, from Sonic jumping off invisible ramps to boosting whenever the hell he feels like it, and the fact that its more annoying than the bonanza Bros challenge.

All I can say is to take every shortcut, cut EVERY corner (especially the larger ones like near the finish line), and pop as many wheelies as you feel you can get away with.

The rest is up to luck, sometimes you'll just barely cross it with AAA, other times Sonic will careen of the edge hopping a gap or get stuck temporarily on a wall during the last stretch giving you plenty of time, so just cross your fingers.

• 4 years later...

Idk about more annoying than Bonanza Bros, but it's certainly up there. I'm pretty much doing perfect races and sometimes Sonic just happens to be on my ass more so than other times at the end; it just depends on how the rubber banding works out, just keep on trying it and you'll eventually get lucky.

Edit: I got it by hitting Sonic by accident on the big loop after the boost, near the end, and he just got stuck in the ground or something and had AAA til the end lol. Not sure if he got stuck or fell off stage, but either way you could always try to hit him there to replicate this.

Edited by Major Agnostic