Twilight Engine - Racing Rangers - Race - Hard - WTF?!

Ok, so.

Sonic: check.

Super speed mod: check.

Full boost start: check.

After 3 hours of trying, I've gotten to 2nd place once, 3rd place maybe twice and a lot of 4th-6th place.

If I get to 1st place in the first curves I get shot by at least 3 people, end up last and won't see the leader ever again. If I take things slow and steady and just shoot everyone, I end up last and won't see the leader ever again. There's always someone close to me waiting to shoot me or ram me into a wall.

What the hell? The tours have been doable (not easy) up to this point and before I even see expert difficulty they throw this at me?

I know how you feel. Racing/Burning Rangers is -the- worst level of the whole game for me.

1. The use of lighting and shadow goes against what you see in the rest of the game. It makes corners and the road you need to take a blur.

2. Too much boating. The boat is easily the worst to maneuver and it's very easy to go from first to last after a single hit sets-off a chain of crashes.

3. The amount of items. There is way too many and causes too much damn chaos. I found it was simply a matter of luck and making sure you got the right item for the right time.

4. Road too thin. It is way too damn easy to collide into the walls here, aswell as the fact there's all these little indents in some of them which can make you get stuck and miss the tiny openings.

Sonic won't be helpful in this level, in my opinion. There's so many corners and whatnot that I used Tails to get through it. I can't remember the exact term, but you have to learn how to switch between drifting directions and remember where exactly to use the stored-up boosts. Let me know how you get on and pray you get an All-Star.

-Oz

I was just coming here to give an update, I made it. I was in 3rd place just before the last curve (the 1st and 2nd racers VERY close to me) and I lucked out with a twister and beat the 2nd racer by what must have been a millisecond.

And I thought Twilight Engine was the last tour before Superstar Showdown unlocks. Oh well, back to struggling with Ocean Outrun's traffic attack in Moonlight Park.

/edit: Moonlight Park done. Expert, here I come. I CAN DO THIS!

Edited by Samis

• 8 months later...

Expert is actually easier than Hard.

Unless it's me getting more skilled with the game, the NPC seem to be more agressive against each other. But on Hard, they focus on you, and you alone.

Also to make the road to Expert easier. I just cleared the first 2-3 cups on hard, then rushed my way to the end on Easy. All you need is 95 star to unlock Superstar Showdown and Expert.