Latest Patch details

I would have to fix my guide soon because the latest patch has made some changes for the best and for the worst (for plat hunters).

Networking

• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.

• Rating reset issues should be resolved.

• -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).

• Starlight Carnival - Road shader adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' issue.

• Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.

• Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.

Difficulty

• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.

• Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.

• Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.

Trophies & Stickers

• Team Sonic - Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.

• Yokozuna - No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.

• ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.

• 'Meteor Strike' No longer triggers incorrectly.

Misc

• Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.

• Online play - Multiple exploit fixes.

• Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.

• Improved front end leaderboard caching.

• In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.

• incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.

• Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.

• Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena's clamped.

• Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.

Audio

• Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games

• All-Star music volume level corrected

• Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.

They made it easier to beat World Tour and get Team Sonic, however Yokozuna has been fixed, meaning you would have to beat ALL ghosts. Expert beating times haven't changed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't installed the patch yet, but I got no yokozuna trophy even if I beated the ghost on sunshine tour mirror. Maybe it's because I still have to complete world tour on expert?

Edit - never mind, just got the trophy. I was trying to beat the wrong ghost ;)

Edited by CaQ

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just did (S) Yokozuna today using the DLC glitch. I'm not a fan of glitching, but even though I think I'm decent at this game, I don't know if I'd have the patience to do all Expert Ghosts.

For anyone who wants to utilise the DLC glitch but already downloaded the patch like I did... I firstly deleted the DLC and subsequently the game utility data for this game. Go into the game once and refuse the patch, then go download the DLC again, again refusing the patch when you go into the game. Should work like a charm then. This was a bit unclear to me earlier today so in case anyone else finds themself in my position I thought I'd briefly explain it.

It was supposed to have but after reading a few comments on the various S&ASR forums, i took the risk(mainly because it takes forever for anything to download on my vita, twice as long as it does on the PS3 lol) and had no problems.

Ah, I was talking about the PS3 version in my original post, I have heard the Vita version is still free of the Yokozuna patch fix. :)

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey there all,

For the Yokozuna Trophy is it still glitched?

Because I tried uninstalling the game then I installed the DLC and beat the Expert Ghost on Sunshine (Mirror) but no trophy.

Do I have to End the Session so I can get the trophy? or I am supposed to get it the moment I beat the Expert Ghost?

Thanks,