Team Sonic Vita, stuff you really need to know

Ok so after 3 hours of trying, I just got Team Sonic on the Vita and how I wish I'd known this information before hand.

100% Confirmed facts.

Do you need 5 human players? NO! Team Sonic will trigger even if you do not have 5 players. I managed to get it with 4 human players and a CPU who was playing as the missing character.

A human player got a D/C, should we all quit? NO! Provided there were Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy & Shadow at the start of the race, even if a human player quits, they will still appear in the results as a DNF. The trophy will pop up on the race results screen. (this is how I got mine!)

Can it work with 1 player? No! The online/ad-hoc mode will not start unless you have 2 players minimum.

So I could get this with 2 players then? Yes! But... you may have to restart the race a lot in order for the CPU's to pick the right character.

Can I get this in match making Yes.

Unconfirmed theory

Does my World Tour progress affect what characters the CPU will pick? This is a tricky one. When you play world tour mode, the racers you come accross in the event will only be the ones you have unlocked/default racers. For instance, you will never race against Reala or Ages until you unlock them.

The theory therefore... if 2 players had almost no progress done in world tour mode other than unlock shadow. The CPU would only pick the default characters.

One thing I can confirm, being the host doesn't mean the CPU will pick characters based on your progress.

Does race class affect what racers the CPU will pick? Possibly... When we had games running on B class (because it's faster and still easy to beat), we never had the CPU pick the default characters, it would pick unlockable ones.

However, on C class, the CPU would often pick default characters over advanced racers. Not to say the CPU wouldn't pick them. But it was a much better percentage.

Lobby Re-start Glitch

There is an incredibly annoying glitch that affects you if you are doing the CPU method. Say you start the game and notice the CPU has not picked who you want... you all quit the game and... discover you can't instantly start another game. You have to shut down the entire lobby and invite everyone again.

So you have to effectively shut down the whole lobby, and re-invite everyone. It doesn't affect the trophy, but it greatly slows down the speed in which you'll all get this one.

Recommendations

Number of people: Idealy 5. But 4 people can all get it within 2 hours if you're lucky and dedicated. 3 people is possible... but you might be trying for a long time... 2 people... erm... no idea.

Race Class: C Class

Track: Jet Set Radio Classic. It has no special effects, no pits, no transform gates and is a very very stable track when playing online. Much less chance of a D/C from anyone.

Character selection: If you don't have 5 people. 1 person MUST pick shadow. In the games we tried the CPU picked Amy, then after 3 games it picked Knuckles.

I think thats everything I learnt, hope it's of some use to you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I have one question... the trophy also works with Metal Sonic and Dr. Eggman?

Instead of who? I personally wouldn't try it, because of how much planning this trophy requires.

Thank you so much for this thread. I have faith in this trophy once again!

Quick question, did you notice the CPUs opting for one of the characters more often than others? I was thinking of picking the other 4 and leaving Sonic open since he is one of the best racers...

Unless you noticed a trend or something?