Rate the trophy difficulty...  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_8.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.27

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 2 weeks later...

As written in my trophy guide, a solid 8 for me. Going through the game on Expert difficulty is a huge pain at first. I still can't beat some of the expert ghosts even though I got the platinum.

I'll also rate this game a full 10, if you haven't got Metal Sonic + Outrun Bay DLC installed on your PS3. The expert ghosts are like Gran Turismo 5, God-like difficulty in some of the courses.

So if you're planning to play this game, buy the game instead of renting. To save you a lot of pain.

Also voted a 8 / 10. I already post it on the trophy guide but in short I had to play the full 100% two times, the first time it took me 60 hours to reach it, the second one 23 hours.

It's real that the game becomes a lot easier once you know what to do and how to do it but in the end the hard challenges of the game will be always hard and I also exploit the glitches of the Yokozuna trophy and the ones that are in some tracks to beat some of the expert ghosts so if don't for those glitches I could still be cursing this game.

A huge difference between this plat and the previous game. I didn't recall to have such problems with a Sonic game since Sonic Unleashed.

A really good game not just for sega fans but for any karting game player (I even think that this game asks nothing to other karting games) but a really challenging plat.

Edited by THES79

I gave this a 6/10, this is no WipEout HD or Gran Turismo 5.

As with WipEout HD, the only annoying trophy is Team Sonic, and even then that doesn't compare to Bling Brigade.

I think you underestimated the game. Like I said in my previous post this game becomes extremely easy once you know what and how to do it (at the point that I just plat the vita version and just took me 16 hours) but it's a truly skill in the game (and I mean in the WHOLE game; from the characters, the mods, the weapons to the tracks, the turns and drifts) what makes you achieve the 100%.

I'm not saying that GT5 or WO HD are easier (even maybe just for the time it takes you to plat this games are a way lot harder than sonic's plat) but we're talking about Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed here. What can you say about this game by what this game is? Here's not about comparing the game, here's about scoring the game's trophy because of the game, not because what other games do.

I really think you under-score this trophy list.

I gave this a 6/10, this is no WipEout HD or Gran Turismo 5.

As with WipEout HD, the only annoying trophy is Team Sonic, and even then that doesn't compare to Bling Brigade.

THES79's right. The game's super easy once you know how it plays and you know what character and mod you're strong with. But Traffic Attack? Expert Time trials? If it's a 6/10, and an easy game did you unlock Yokozuna without glitching it?

THES79's right. The game's super easy once you know how it plays and you know what character and mod you're strong with. But Traffic Attack? Expert Time trials? If it's a 6/10, and an easy game did you unlock Yokozuna without glitching it?

Yes, I completed everything without glitching it. Unless you count the trick where you boost just before you hit a new lap.

I knew there were some glitches for some of the Time Trials, but I couldn't replicate any of them even when I wanted to.

Roulette Road was probably the hardest course for me to do, and even then it only took me about 45 minutes both ways.

The thing is, you've said it yourself, the game is easy once you know how it plays, and for me, someone who mainly plays arcade racers, learning didn't take very long.

Maybe you feel I underrate it, and I probably do only because I'm in my element. If you can find my post in WipeOut HD, you'll find I rated it a 7, again, because I'm in my element.

Edited by theinsanething

• 3 weeks later...

Foolishly, I rented this for VITA. It was hard like nails.

Major note - I tried boosting but my connection rate was 1 out of 10 attempts, making boosting frustrating.

Why make an online option that you cant support??????????

I unlocked all tracks and sent back to gamefly. The gameplay and controls are a little silly, complared to Mario cart 3DS.

Vita design is flawed for those with large hands making ring challenges extremely difficult. I kept this for 2 weeks, and played strictly fopr the desire of trophies. Little to no creativity, new elements or fun here. I actually found Ben10 racing to be more bareable.

DO NOT RENT!!!!!! - Buy and with time and deedication the plat will be yours (i guess)

Edited by TrophyBoost

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Voted plat an 8. I platted the first one too, so i had some experience for this one. Only problem i had for this game was World Tour (traffic anyone?), a few expert GP's, "Yokozuna", and like 8 miscellaneous. (like the one where you must hit someone with ice 100m away -.-) Other than that, plat really wasn't that hard.

Oh, a huge notice right here: "Yokozuna" glitch is patched up now, you must do it legit now. (Said this for people who didn't known bout patch)

• 1 month later...

Justabout finished the Vita version, not been playing the PS3 copy so much lately as my console's been occupied with other stuff. But I'd give it a 7.5, which I'll round-up to an 8. I'd understand why some would vote lower or higher, but my skill level was kinda medium.

Invisible walls in the Ring Races, some Traffic Attacks, some Grand Prixs and some Boost Races were a real pain in the butt to me. The Ghosts weren't so bad as I didn't have to suffer weapons or being knocked into walls by the opponents. Just missing Team Sonic now..

• 1 month later...

Gave this game a 5. Nothing hard about it by any means, unless you are totally new to kart racers. I got the bonus edition (is it possible not to?) with the DLC so it did make yokozuna easier a bit. But I was still able to beat the expert ghost on all maps with ease with the exception of Roulette Road and Adder's Lair. Those 2 gave me trouble. The only reason I didn't get this platinum right away was because I just took my time with the ghosts, and I had to wait to get my hands on a 4th controller.

• 4 weeks later...

I give this game a 7 to platinum. For a kart racer it is very hard, and even an experienced racer will find it tough to win many of the World Tour events on Expert difficulty. Getting all the expert ghosts will push your patience and time to the limit.

Take a look how few people have actually obtained the plat, easily a 7.

• 2 months later...

8/10

Overall the game is not difficult. I spent ~30 hours and received all trophies except one.

But this cheap AI made me crazy in some situations. You can go like a boss without any mistakes, and then just before the finish every enemy will hit you with all weapons they have and you ll get the last place. In wipeout HD enemies are much much calmer in comparison with sonic racing. One of the traffic levels was very hard too. Also I had very big problems with the last boost race in the 6th world.

I think Im bad in racings so thats why I give solid 8. The same difficulty for me as in Modnation racers for vita.

Just got the plat for this. Voting an 8. Very difficult, but definitely manageable if willing to practise and commit some time to it. Hard World Tour gave me a lot more frustration than Expert, since I did the Expert time trials (all of them! no glitching!) for Yokozuma in between which made me a lot better at the game. This also made Expert grand prix a relative cake walk. Overall, this was pretty fun. Gonna keep it on my vita for future play, which I don't normally do due to memory constraints.

Finally got this platinum today. It was most frustrating plat for me so far, game is very glitchy and it makes beating some challenges even harder. But due to these glitches Yokozuna unlocked before i've beat all expert ghosts, so it wasn't necessary to beat expert ghost on Roulette Road.

I'll give this game 9/10.

(I think it might have been 10/10 if beating of expert ghost on Roulette Road was unavoidable. This guy is BRUTAL.)

Edited by Gorlum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I beat all of the Expert Ghosts except Roulette Road, and I rated the platinum an 8/10

Not too terribly difficult. I beat all the Expert ghosts relatively easily, but I'm too lazy to beat Roulette Road. That one alone bumped it up to 8, otherwise I would have given it a 6 maybe

I grew up on racers, so I guess I just got used to this game pretty quickly. Once you know all the tracks and find a kart you're comfortable with, it's doable without too much turmoil. The AI does happen to just turn the freaking Flash if you pick a fast kart though, and I don't know why. The game doesn't seem to have much rubberbanding AI (if any), but I just can't explain it, they'd get a slight lead and then just get farther and farther away no matter how perfect I was

I could see how it would be a nightmare for people who haven't played much racing games, though

Got the Plat today and voted a 6/10.

The game isn't terribly difficult. A small of amount of practice is needed to get used to the controls, each cars stats and how the stats impact the controls. The plat took me 17 hours to obtain.

The hardest part of the game IMO was the World Tour on Expert just because of the 1st place requirement for each event. The most frustrating part of the whole game for me was the Zombie Zoom event, took me about 60 minutes to finally win.

Grand Prix is a breeze, even on Expert since the CPUs standings are not that competitive. Meaning, the CPUs in the top 3 at the end of the each race are usually never the same so finishing in 1st place each race isn't a priority.

Time Trials and the Expert Ghosts aren't that bad. If you have the mods unlocked for the best characters, the ghosts are extremely manageable. Even better is the fact that you can race ghosts from the leaderboards. The Expert Ghosts are a cinch if you can emulate the line and characters used by the #1 time on the leaderboards.

Secondly, on the Time Trials you can utilize two boosts per lap. Just save your boost through an lap and right as you approach the finish line, pop the boost, start the new lap, and receive a 2nd boost. This will give you a big advantage over the Expert Ghosts.

• 2 weeks later...

7 is a fair number. By the way, I did it all legit on both ps3 and vita (including expert ghosts on mirror tracks).

Some of the expert ghosts are challenging, but most of them are not that bad.

Since it's a 1 to 10 range I just cant give it a 10 because wipeout, street fighter 4, the King of fighters xiii and some of my other platinum trophies would have to be 15/10.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't vote unless I get the plat, so I won't actually vote, but this is probably a 7 or 8. The thing that's going to make me leave the game for now is all the stars in World Tour along with that final license. I could barely get to 165 after going through the events after doing everything I could on Normal. But somehow I was able to get every other trophy, though I used the glitch to get the expert ghosts trophy. I'm surprised I was able to win all the GPs on expert, with a few of my times in the top 100. But I don't think I have quite the skill and/or patience to complete every star, which is kind of a bummer, but oh well.