Triple star license

Im @ 99% and im wondering if the console mods unlocked by leveling up your character also increase your ingame %?

Yes they do count towards the percentage, as does the Metal Sonic DLC. You may have have to get all the mods to push you to a hundred percent though.

The best way to quickly get them is to use 4 Pads(assuming you have 4) and enter into the 1st world/cup of the World Tour mode.

Select the Drift challenge on Shibuya Downtown (its about the 4th event from the starting point) and just complete it with one pad.

The other 3 will time out but still earn roughly 1,000 xp each, while the person your using can earn anything from 1,500 - 3,500 depending on how well you do.

Once done select Retry and you will start to earn additional "sticking together" XP as the 4 players are all still playing together.

It was the fastest way I could see to do it, as the challenge lasts around a min.

Edit: Also you must finish it with one racer in order for the other 3 to get their 1,000 XP. I did it on Hard difficulty, but you may earn more XP if you keep doing it on Expert...Not sure if the XP increases due to difficulty, so try it and see.

Hard is easy and prevents you from messing up while your doing it over and over and still earns you a good chunk of XP in a short amount of time.

Edited by URBANmonkey

yes they do count towards the percentage, as does the metal sonic dlc. You may have have to get all the mods to push you to a hundred percent though.

The best way to quickly get them is to use 4 pads(assuming you have 4) and enter into the 1st world/cup of the world tour mode.

Select the drift challenge on shibuya downtown (its about the 4th event from the starting point) and just complete it with one pad.

The other 3 will time out but still earn roughly 1,000 xp each, while the person your using can earn anything from 1,500 - 3,500 depending on how well you do.

Once done select retry and you will start to earn additional "sticking together" xp as the 4 players are all still playing together.

It was the fastest way i could see to do it, as the challenge lasts around a min.

thx for the reply im on the vita btw im slowly doing ring races @2000 xp a race but i dont have any idea of how many mods are needed to level up 1%

i know a grand prix gave me between 3 and 4% tho

thx for the reply im on the vita btw im slowly doing ring races @2000 xp a race but i dont have any idea of how many mods are needed to level up 1%

i know a grand prix gave me between 3 and 4% tho

Oh right, well the challenge would still be quicker than a 3 lap race I guess.

Yeah I went up around 7% after doing all of the Grand Prix on Expert mode, and I still had lots of time trials left.

To move from 99% to 100% I had to do the following;

13 Expert Ghosts - Just the Expert Medals (ending with 164/168)

4 Stickers - Leaving me with just 4 to get (online 50 wins etc)

22 Mods - Mostly the last to levels for each character, around 30 ish left.

oh right, well the challenge would still be quicker than a 3 lap race i guess.

Yeah i went up around 7% after doing all of the grand prix on expert mode, and i still had lots of time trials left.

To move from 99% to 100% i had to do the following;

13 expert ghosts - just the expert medals (ending with 164/168)

4 stickers - leaving me with just 4 to get (online 50 wins etc)

22 mods - mostly the last to levels for each character, around 30 ish left.

i thought i would have a little more room with the dlc:(

I got lazy and just hit the turbo buttons on :r2: and :cross: and left it running, switching character from time to time.

Ended up with 105 mods and something like 9 expert ghosts done.

To hell with the ghosts.

Oh. Should also mention that my trophy and sticker didn't appear for my Triple Star license till I did a career related event. Weird that it didn't just trigger after I got the license in single race?. Eh.

Edited by Valormere

• 3 weeks later...

*sigh.... This game really something else, my hands hurt.... a lot Y_Y...

just got 100% completion, here's my status :

ALL Stars, GP, Characters

151 / 168 Ghost Beaten

105 / 120 Stickers Collected

95 / 144 Mods Earned

So I just got ONE more trophy till platinum, which is "Sonic Team" trophy, and it's quite impossible to get with the community quite dead nowadays, anybody willing to help I'll be most appreciate :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
130/168 staff ghosts

101/120 stickers collected

102/144 mods earned

:thumbsdown:

138/168 staff ghosts beaten

101/120 stickers collected

94/144 mods earned

98%. Not even 99! I've been grinding mods and staff ghosts for hours and I haven't budged from 98! And yes, I have every world tour star, every character unlocked, and all grand prix wins. What the hell am I missing? Is there a minimum number of expert staff ghosts you have to beat? I beat most of them on hard, only a few on expert; but I've beat 5+ on expert since I've been at 98 and I still haven't moved up. I'll edit this once I finally increase in percent.

Edit: 99% now. I earned 2 more mods without any change. I'm at 143 staff ghosts beat and my percent increased sometime within the last 3. So my updated stats are:

143/168 staff ghosts beaten; 101/120 stickers collected; 96/144 mods earned

Edit 2: Shenanigans! Still 99% :facepalm:

148/168 staff ghosts beaten; 103/120 stickers collected; 102/144 mods earned

I have more ghosts and stickers than you and I'm tied with you in mods, but I still don't have it.

Edit 3: Finally got it! The ghosts didn't seem to affect my percentage much; it seems like getting the characters to the highest level increased my percent more than leveling up each low one. I have no proof of it, but I did that and got from 99-100 much faster than I went from 98-99. Final stats:

150/168 staff ghosts beaten; 104/120 stickers collected; 105/144 mods earned

Edited by Stacheldraht

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

For those that still play this. This was my stats for triple star license:

232 World Tour Stars

24/24 characters unlocked

10/10 Grand Prix wins

145/168 Staff Ghosts beaten

91/120 stickers collected

78/144 Mods earned (7 characters maxed)

22:27 Time played.