11 new DLC Trophies

I bought it, downloaded it (560 MB) installed the 2.0 patch (only 2.1MB) and played one lap of the new levels on beginner

my impressions are so:

(-) Level design leaves a lot to be desired, stages 8 and 10 are completely open, while 9 is more along the lines of stages 5-7 of the original game.

(+) the bosses are very well designed and fun to play against, and they're not half as cheap as the stage 7 boss.

(?) I only found one secret key in each level, though I played on beginner and didn't get a very high in-game rank.

(+) it seems there are tons of new trophies and challanges, as well as a new difficulty. there're 8 bronze trophies, 2 silver and one hidden.

all around, it seems like a great DLC and well priced at 5$.

I'm having a great time with it. There is a new difficulty: Massive Attack. It pretty much makes it a bullet hell game and is probably meant for the really hardcore players.

A LOT of the new challenges seem geared toward using the Final Prototype ship and its beam weapon.

The extras you get from doing some of the challenges are pretty neat. Some of them are:

-Begin the game with a shockwave.

-Begin the game with an extra ship.

-Keep your shockwave and limit attack when continuing.

-Chasers stay for an extra +30 seconds

-Chain clock decreases at a slower rate

as well as a few others. I haven't unlocked them all yet, but some of them seem crazy hard. Finding all of the keys is going to be a pain, but I'm having a great time with it so far.

I'm having a great time with it. There is a new difficulty: Massive Attack. It pretty much makes it a bullet hell game and is probably meant for the really hardcore players.

A LOT of the new challenges seem geared toward using the Final Prototype ship and its beam weapon.

The extras you get from doing some of the challenges are pretty neat. Some of them are:

-Begin the game with a shockwave.

-Begin the game with an extra ship.

-Keep your shockwave and limit attack when continuing.

-Chasers stay for an extra +30 seconds

-Chain clock decreases at a slower rate

as well as a few others. I haven't unlocked them all yet, but some of them seem crazy hard. Finding all of the keys is going to be a pain, but I'm having a great time with it so far.

the final prototype's beam weapon? could you elaborate on why that seems so?

I've barely used the final prototype, and I'm not sure I even have said weapon (assuming it's unlockable) I'm doing everything (as I did in the main game) with the Nexxus II's Magma cannon.

so far I've beaten 4-5 challnanges from the new ones, they're extremely cool.

anyone got tips for the high score challanges?

the final prototype's beam weapon? could you elaborate on why that seems so?

I've barely used the final prototype, and I'm not sure I even have said weapon (assuming it's unlockable) I'm doing everything (as I did in the main game) with the Nexxus II's Magma cannon.

so far I've beaten 4-5 challnanges from the new ones, they're extremely cool.

anyone got tips for the high score challanges?

The challenges I was referring to are both of the kill and score collector challenges.. basically the ones that involve the secret stage.

The beam weapon is the second weapon.. the one that fires the lightning bolts. The main attribute of the weapon aside from doing good damage is that it goes through enemies, so if enemies are lined up you can hit them all at once.

I'm sure the challenges can be done using the Mexxus II's magma cannon and the Thor's scatter weapon, but the Final Prototype's beam lets you just steamroll through them. I finished each of those challenges with plenty of time left on the clock.

For the score challenges, definitely try to keep from getting hit if possible so you can keep your multiplier up. If it lets you adjust the difficulty level, you may want to consider doing so to start with a higher multiplier. Pick a ship with high/fast killing power. Also try to hit chains to release the occasional score bonus.

For the stage 7 score challenge, you'll need to memorize where the clusters of enemies appear as well as the score bonuses from the breakable boxes. When you reach the first stopping point, let the enemies cluster so you can quickly pick them all off with the shockwave and keep the stage moving. Ideally you want to reach the second stopping point with enough time to kill one or both of the squidlike enemies with a limit attack (make sure you grab 3 special weapon powerups on the way). A safer option is to try and kill all of the enemies at the first stopping point and use your shockwave as soon as the first squid appears because at that point the timer will probably be almost up (this is the method I ended up completing the challenge with and I was just a few hundered points over 600K with less than a second to spare).

The spread weapon is good for killing the sphere enemies from afar, but is lousy for everything else so be prepared to switch often. This challenge's difficulty is fixed so you'll start off at a C (x20) ranking. Ideally you'll want to try and push it to B (x24), but make sure you never let it fall below C. I recommend using the Mexxus II alternating between the spread weapon (for the spheres) and the magma weapon (for everything else). The Final Prototype could work too, but the sheer amount of moving around you'll be doing will minimize the beam weapon's effectiveness.

Edited by GForce9x

I'm enjoying the DLC so far. Stage 9 is awesome and while Stages 8 and 10 are quite open the bullet patterns are quite good. I also really liked the boss designs for the new stages.

It seems like the keys aren't too bad for the most part. Playing at around a C and B rank through the game, I've managed to get the first 4 keys on stages 8 and 9 and the first 3 keys of stage 10.

I've played and passed a couple of the challenges so far. The secret stage ones require a bit of strategy. For Kill Collector, focus your attacks on the smaller enemies and use shockwaves if a whole horde is going to get past you. Setting the difficulty lower and taking some damage doesn't matter for these. But, for Score Collector, avoid taking damage to keep your multiplier up. I have yet to beat the second Score Collector (got about 4.2 million out of the 4.5 required using the Mexxus II... Final Prototype and the Beam weapon would be a smarter way to go about it)

While over my friend's house last night we played some Co-op on his account and while playing through the game got the Hidden Trophy for defeating the Stage 8 Boss in less than 115 seconds.

After playing through the game we went into the challenges playing co-op... and some of the challenges are MUCH easier with a partner. Particularly anything that requires killing a certain number of enemies or getting a High Score as you have twice the firepower and can clear more of the screen more easily... a bit too easily in some instances.

Yeah, after playing stages 8 through 10 in co-op, he went to the challenges section to check out the new ones and we were surprised to find out that it let us play the challenges co-op.

It's definitely something to keep in mind if you have a friend who's decent at SoldnerX and you're having trouble with one of the challenges that benefits from having a partner.

For instance... I failed the second Score Challenge (Score Challenge 2) three or four times playing on my own, generally getting between 3.5 and 4.2 Million of the necessary 4.5 Million points. When we played co-op, we broke the 4.5 Million point mark on our first try with the majority of the final section still left to play through.

Edited by VMethos

I'm enjoying the DLC so far. Stage 9 is awesome and while Stages 8 and 10 are quite open the bullet patterns are quite good. I also really liked the boss designs for the new stages.

It seems like the keys aren't too bad for the most part. Playing at around a C and B rank through the game, I've managed to get the first 4 keys on stages 8 and 9 and the first 3 keys of stage 10.

I've played and passed a couple of the challenges so far. The secret stage ones require a bit of strategy. For Kill Collector, focus your attacks on the smaller enemies and use shockwaves if a whole horde is going to get past you. Setting the difficulty lower and taking some damage doesn't matter for these. But, for Score Collector, avoid taking damage to keep your multiplier up. I have yet to beat the second Score Collector (got about 4.2 million out of the 4.5 required using the Mexxus II... Final Prototype and the Beam weapon would be a smarter way to go about it)

While over my friend's house last night we played some Co-op on his account and while playing through the game got the Hidden Trophy for defeating the Stage 8 Boss in less than 115 seconds.

After playing through the game we went into the challenges playing co-op... and some of the challenges are MUCH easier with a partner. Particularly anything that requires killing a certain number of enemies or getting a High Score as you have twice the firepower and can clear more of the screen more easily... a bit too easily in some instances.

thanks for the secret trophy info, I've been looking for that.

still no luck with speed gunner and score collector 2, though I've gotten pretty close in both (480K and 4.2 Mil), I'll try the final prototype again for SK2, it might work.

anyone got tips for Route Planner? I got close to the end before game over, but only head 900K or so due to getting killed too much :D

The key for Route Planner is really to keep the multiplier up. If you're going do die, let it be from getting shot and not from hitting a skull. The mini boss is worth a boatload of points so having a good multiplier (I'd shoot for C rank or better) definitely helps.

When I got it, I did end up getting killed by weapon fire (I was doing well at the time so my rank only dropped down to a D or high E, which I was able to quickly build back up). When I died in a previous run from a skull, my rank went into the toilet.

I used the Mexxux II and stuck with the magma cannon most of the time. As powerful as the fog weapon is, having to be up close can make it a bit dangerous. If you can get ahold of a rocket pod, to quick switches with it sneak in a volley of powerful rockets in your magma stream. This works wonders in just about any mode with this ship. Great for taking down tougher enemies while keeping the screen plastered against smaller ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like the Soldner X series. With that being said i had visitors over for Thanksgiving and of course i allowed the kids to play the PS3. Well, wouldn't you know they wanted to try Soldner X2. So what happened when it fired up The DLC downoaded. I had 100% complete, but now I'm gonna have to complete all the trophies associated with the DLC to get back to100%.:mad:

how can i unlock : hell fire challenge & stage keys!!! , these 2 trophies related to 2 challenges, i dont have them, 2 challenges are ?????????? marks , yes some old challenges i didnt finish with the play nightmare difficulty

can any ne help?

how can i unlock : hell fire challenge & stage keys!!! , these 2 trophies related to 2 challenges, i dont have them, 2 challenges are ?????????? marks , yes some old challenges i didnt finish with the play nightmare difficulty

can any ne help?

I'm not exactly sure what the requirements are for unlocking them. I don't think you need to finish all of the original ones. I never did the S-rank one.

Few things to consider:

1. Have you unlocked all of the stages through 10?

2. Which of the new challenges have you (or haven't you) completed?

3. How many times have you played through the new levels in the main game mode?

• 3 months later...