Hard/Extra Hard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extra Hard is way easier in this game than in SX1. I find that if you're having difficulty, doing the challenges is a great way to make it significantly easier. I beat Extra Hard with only a few continues, but I've amassed 30 now and I still have to do Coop and Action Master challenges...

Extra Hard is way easier in this game than in SX1. I find that if you're having difficulty, doing the challenges is a great way to make it significantly easier. I beat Extra Hard with only a few continues, but I've amassed 30 now and I still have to do Coop and Action Master challenges...

Agreed. Actually, the whole game isn't nearly as brutal as the first Soldner was. I'm all for a good challenge, but the first Solder just wasn't fair in my opinion. Or maybe I just stunk at it hehe.

The first one required you to be good - that's all.

It was incredibly easy if you were able to kill all enemies quickly and become stronger (through power ups) in return making it even easier.

On the flipside however, once you fell behind with killing stuff you were already dead. :D

My favorite example:

I always said "The end of stage 4 just isnt fair. It's impossible to beat without losing a life!" and then one day I reached that particular section with fully upgraded weapons and just obliterated everything on screen. One of the most awesome moments in gaming for me. :D

Long story short:

It wasn't unfair just incredibly punishing.

SX2 always leaves open a window to escape. There is no situation in the game where a mistake leads to an inevitable death. If that's good or bad is a matter of taste. I prefer SX1 eventhough I'm also enjoying SX2 (which btw. is absolutely nervewrecking once you start chasing highscores...)