Rate the trophy difficulty.  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_95.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.47

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• 2 weeks later...
Gave it a 7 as a few tricky ones there in the set but good fun trying for them.

i think you got the whole voting point wrong - the voting is for getting 100% on it - not for getting most of the trophies. Let's say you have all the games' trophies very easy and one trophy that's insanely difficult - pretty much impossible. That last trophy overwrites the difficulty factor of the easy ones.

I'm giving this one a 9. It's hard, but not impossible.

I'm one of the few who actually have 100% on this too, and I never looked back. I did try Nightmare once or twice, but that was it for me, after all the time I sinked into it improving my skills (and memorizing enemy patterns, since the game is the same every time, more or less).

One of the main things I really hated was contact damage (touching walls and stuff). That killed you very, very quickly. That and if you die on the later levels and don't have a Weapon Protect, you're pretty much ****ed. I mean, if you use a continue in the later levels, they'll hand you a few power ups, but it's still fairly difficult.

• 1 month later...
i think you got the whole voting point wrong - the voting is for getting 100% on it - not for getting most of the trophies. Let's say you have all the games' trophies very easy and one trophy that's insanely difficult - pretty much impossible. That last trophy overwrites the difficulty factor of the easy ones.

You seem to have got it all wrong. Just because one trophy may be very hard it doesn't mean the trophy set is automatically a 10. This vote is for how difficult the set is as a whole. If you'd like to vote on the difficulty of individual trophies then have a look at the trophy portal on psu.com as they have just what you're looking for.

There seem to be two common, conflicting viewpoints here... I have always thought of the difficulty as how hard it is to get ALL the trophies... so if one trophy is nearly impossible and the rest are all easy, then I would give it a 10. I do see your point of view though as well... I guess the difficulty polls should've been more specific as to what they should be based on.

• 4 weeks later...
There seem to be two common, conflicting viewpoints here... I have always thought of the difficulty as how hard it is to get ALL the trophies... so if one trophy is nearly impossible and the rest are all easy, then I would give it a 10. I do see your point of view though as well... I guess the difficulty polls should've been more specific as to what they should be based on.

Yeah your right, I thought these polls were like: is it an easy platinum (in case of a retail game) and if there is one sick trophy and the rest is easy it could still be a 10.

• 3 months later...

It really is how hard is it to get "every trophy." Because the objective is to get every trophy. Even if it were easy to get all the others, and nigh impossible for the last, it would be a 10. I haven't played this game enough to decide yet - usually reserving judgement until I've gotten 100%.

I imagine there will be swearing involved.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

beating impossible (after ~200 hours of practice [which included beating nightmare] - yes, i was playing this game daily for over two months ^^) was one of the greatest moments in gaming for me.

especially because i couldnt even beat the first stage on very easy when i started the game for the first time... :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Illusionmgs - regards on your results in SX1 ! I fallow all the rankings and official forums :)

I still wonder if I should vote 9 or 10 because there is this game called Trash Panic...;)

But I think It will be 10.. - I am still missing trophies for unlocking impossible and Nightmare and giving it 10 shows how good are the people who got all 100% of trophies not mentioning people who passed Nightmare difficulty with 1 credit !!! ie Illusionmgs :)

Edited by Lotrzyna

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. Really! I love this game. And i try and try and try. It's tough for me. My skill level is what it is. I'm currently at 80%, but, i'm finally at a point where i feel confident that i can get to 90%. 100% i'm not too confident about. But' i'll keep pluging along anyway.

good luck!:)

I think I blew my chance at 100%

I had been playing this game like a maniac.. mainly doing score runs on beginner just because the asteroid field is sooo much fun when you don't have to worry too much about collision damage. I finally decided to try and beat it on hard ended up doing it in a few tries.

So from there I decided to try and complete Impossible for that last trophy. Made it to world 5 several times but just couldn't drive it home. I finally got burned out on the game and took a several month break (especially when S-X2 came out). I tried doing an Impossible run on this game a few days ago and burned through most of my continues before reaching the world 2 boss. So I'm really out of sync with this game now. I'm not sure it'll hold my attention long enough for me to get back to the point where I used to be.. at least not with the backlog of games I currently have.

Maybe one day down the road, but not anytime soon :(

Edited by GForce9x