Soldner-X ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

DqMHBBl.png

Banner created by Gravity_Disaster.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 9.2/10

+ Offline: 13 (1spacer.png, 3spacer.png, 9spacer.png)

+ Online: 0

+ Approximate time to 100%: 40+ hours

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2+

+ Missable trophies: None

+ Glitched trophies: None

+ Cheats: No cheats

Good luck with this game. This is by far one of the most difficult PSN games available. You should definitely start the game out on Beginner, find all the keys, and rack up as many kills as you can. Once you find four in each of the first four worlds, you’ll unlock the fifth world and can finally complete the game. You’ll have to go back and find the fifth key in each world in order to get the “Ultimate Key Collector” trophy. Try to grind out the chains and rank trophies as high as you can go. These will take ridiculous amounts of time, but you’ll also memorize the levels and in the process can also get the “Top Scorer”, “Master the Menace”, and “Destroyer” trophies. Once you think you have enough continues (five or more is recommended) try to beat the game on Hard. If you can do that, then grind out the chains and rank trophies a little more so you can get even more continues. I’d recommend attempting Impossible only after you’re at the highest rank with the most continues you can have because you’ll probably need every one of them.

Trophy Guide

spacer.png Kettenfahrzeug destroyed (B)

Complete the first world.

This one is pretty easy and is probably the only really easy trophy in the game. Do this on Beginner and you shouldn’t have any problems. To kill this boss, you need to destroy the two cannons. After those are destroyed, there will be an orange lens that pops up from the top of the boss. Shoot the orange lens.

spacer.png Windgeist defeated (B)

Complete the fourth world.

This boss is easy once you figure out how to damage it. The boss rotates around and has three blades that you have to avoid. In between the blades is an eye that you have to shoot when it opens. The Flamethrower is the best weapon to use on it. If you get close enough to the eye, you can pass through the blades. Eventually, the boss will rotate faster and faster until it starts to suck you in. Try your best to pull away from it and shoot at the eye to stop the rotations.

spacer.png Top Scorer (B)

Reach a score of 2,000,000

For this one, you’ll need to have found all 20 keys first to unlock the fifth world. You can do this on Beginner and is pretty easy once you figure out the bosses. You’ll have to go all the way to the fifth stage to reach 2,000,000 points. Be aware that you won’t get this once you hit 2,000,000 points, you’ll get this when your game ends. Also, if you lose all of your lives, you lose your score as well, so you’ll have to basically beat the game with the two extra lives you begin the game with.

spacer.png Combo Mania (B)

Complete an accumulated total of 3,000 chains.

This trophy is another grind. As you shoot enemies, you’ll build up chains. The chain meter is in the bottom right of the screen. When the bar turns green, change your weapons with R1. Don’t worry about this trophy as much since it’ll come eventually.

An easy way to grind this out is below.

RyujiSakujo said:
A good level to get chains is level 3 (the one with space debris), just replay it over and over in training mode.

As SuperNova69 explained, switch weapon (or switch forth and back to ur current) with the L1/R1 buttons (default control).

Make sure to do it as soon as the chain gauge bar in the lower-right turns green to increase your chain counter, and make sure that the gauge doesn't fill completely (will be fully green, fading into red at the end) because this will reset the gauge (same effect as changing weapon when the gauge is blue).

spacer.png Master the Menace (B)

Complete the second world on Rank “S”.

You can get this trophy in co-op. It's easier to get playing on Beginner. The two most important things that count towards your rank at the end of the level are the number of kills and the time to beat the boss. You have to get around 700+ kills and beat the boss in under 2:40. The more kills you get, the longer time you can have. The faster you kill the boss, the fewer kills you need. Practice makes perfect here.

Credit to pogingmasunurin for the videos:

spacer.png Destroyer (B)

Kill and accumulated total of 50,000 enemies.

This is another grind. It’ll take a while to get since you average about 10,000 for every game finished to the end. Just keep playing.

spacer.png Hidden Passage (B)

Collect at least four keys in each world.

See Ultimate Key Collector for the guide to all the locations of the keys. Earning this trophy also unlocks the fifth world.

spacer.png Fierce Fighter (B)

Play for five minutes without losing any health.

It’s best to get this trophy on Beginner and on the first world. If you do that, you’ll have to survive almost all of the way through the jungle for this trophy.

Below are two methods for getting this on the first boss very easily.

Berlin1982 said:
Fierce Fighter is easy to get use a second credit. Fight to the Boss and destroy his cannons. After this just go down in the left corner and wait a bit. Your time will run away and the second credit is used to get the trophy. Wait 5 Minutes and the trophy appears.

squodge said:
This trophy isn't all that hard. When you get to the first sub-boss, take your time killing it (but make sure you do, as it drops a multi-shot power-up). It's a very easy sub-boss to avoid, as it's quite slow moving. I took my time killing it, that helps rack up the seconds. And then when I was about 30 seconds into the jungle, the trophy popped up :D

~ squodge ~

spacer.png Mankind Saved (B)

Complete the fifth world.

You’ll need to have the “Hidden Passage” trophy to unlock the fifth world. Once you get there, this is easily the hardest of the five levels. Towards the end of the level, killing certain enemies will release anti-powerups that slow you down or instantly kill you. Once you get to the final boss, amazingly enough, you’ll meet your old friend from Portal (if you’ve played through The Orange Box, that is). You can only damage the cube after it flashes hearts on the side of it.

Edited by olsen77
Replaced a missing banner.

spacer.png Ultimate Key Collector (S)

Collect all 20 secret keys.

Each of the first four levels has five keys in it. You’ll get these by killing certain enemies or destroying certain objects. Use this guide for all the key locations:

Gamefaqs Key Guide

For those that prefer videos, here are video guides for each world. Credit to KingSuperOne for the videos.

spacer.png Impossible Unlocked (S)

Complete the fifth world on “Hard.”

Good luck. There is no world select, so you have to beat the entire game on Hard. I’d recommend attempting this after you’re ranked pretty high. The higher your rank, the more continues you will be able to use. You’ll need all of them to beat this.

spacer.png Nightmare Unlocked (S)

Complete the fifth world on “Impossible.”

Again, good luck. No, really, good luck. There is no world select, so you have to beat the entire game on Impossible. You’ll have to beat the game on Hard in order to unlock Impossible. I’d recommend attempting this after you’re ranked pretty high. The higher your rank, the more continues you will be able to use. You’ll need all of them to beat this.

spacer.png Galaxy Superstar (G)

Reach ultimate rank 15: Galaxy Superstar.

The biggest grind in the game. You have to get around 300,000 kills to reach rank 15. Keep playing. Each game takes just over an hour, and you’ll average about 10,000 kills per completed game.

There's an easier way to get this. Credit to RyujiSakujo for the quicker method and the spreadsheet.

RyujiSakujo said:
Combo Mania / Galaxy Superstar:

I've gathered some data and calculated using it to streamline the process of getting these 2 trophies (rather than just play the game over 30 times = for 30 hours).

Here's the data:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16952797/temp_stuff/soldnerx_kills_chains_data_RyujiSakujo_2013-04-15.xls

What I've done is I've started the Training and played the first part of World 3, then I exit to the main menu and repeat. The "time section" of the spreadsheet is the time taken between selecting "World 3" in Training and returning to the main menu after the first part of the stage. What I mean by "first part" is the part with the debris that cover the whole screen until the cutscene which starts with the words "Approaching the asteroid belt, our pilot...". At that point you enter the second part of World 3 and face a miniboss, this is when I exit to the main menu, just after the cutscene and before the miniboss appears.

If we take a look at "two points of time" in the data, namely the first two rows, we can see that I went from 55225 enemies killed to 59305 enemies killed in 7 minutes 45 seconds. We can also see that I went from 1213 chains to 1288 chains.

This means 4080 kills and 75 chains in 7min45sec.

If you use those figures and calculate (if I've done it right...) you should arrive at the conclusion that it would take 9hrs30min to go from 0 kills to 300k kills (Galaxy Superstar), and 5hrs9min to go from 0 chains to 3k chains (Combo Mania).

This of course means that you have to keep an average score of 4080 kills and 75 chains in those 7min45sec runs. It's a tedious and monotonous way of getting the trophies but it should be 3 times faster than playing the game over and over again!

Edited by olsen77

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The guide says minimum playthroughs is 2+, but surely it should be 30+ because you need at least 30 games to get Galaxy Superstar (because of the amount of grinding necessary)? You certainly can't get 10,000 kills on your first ever attempt unless you somehow pick up at least 4 secret keys in the first 4 worlds, which in turn would unlock level 5 (I don't even know if this would be instantaneous).

I've reached about 240,000 kills... and I just don't have the heart to grind through it. The game is repetitious now. It wouldn't have been so bad if you could do a level select, and beat each one in turn. But having to beat the entire game in one sitting is brutal... and to do it at least found times (1. Beat it to unlock level 5; 2. Beat it on Hard; 3. Beat it on Impossible; 4. Beat it on Nightmare).

The guide says minimum playthroughs is 2+, but surely it should be 30+ because you need at least 30 games to get Galaxy Superstar (because of the amount of grinding necessary)? You certainly can't get 10,000 kills on your first ever attempt unless you somehow pick up at least 4 secret keys in the first 4 worlds, which in turn would unlock level 5 (I don't even know if this would be instantaneous).

I've reached about 240,000 kills... and I just don't have the heart to grind through it. The game is repetitious now. It wouldn't have been so bad if you could do a level select, and beat each one in turn. But having to beat the entire game in one sitting is brutal... and to do it at least found times (1. Beat it to unlock level 5; 2. Beat it on Hard; 3. Beat it on Impossible; 4. Beat it on Nightmare).

You're right about many playthroughs necessary to reach 300k kills! You don't ever have to beat it on nightmare though, you "simply" just have to unlock that mode, lol.

• 2 months later...

just in case anyone is still struggling to get 100% on this game (it's nice to have it finished before starting Söldner-X2 ;) ) here's a complete single credit walkthrough on normal:

YouTube - travisfrosty's Channel

it helps tremendously to know how to tackle some of the harder parts and it works just as good on the higher difficulties. these videos basically got me through nightmare which seemed impossible to me (world 5 was totally killing me...).

the videos will definitely help to beat the game on hard/impossible.

just in case anyone is still struggling to get 100% on this game (it's nice to have it finished before starting Söldner-X2 ;) ) here's a complete single credit walkthrough on normal:

YouTube - travisfrosty's Channel

it helps tremendously to know how to tackle some of the harder parts and it works just as good on the higher difficulties. these videos basically got me through nightmare which seemed impossible to me (world 5 was totally killing me...).

the videos will definitely help to beat the game on hard/impossible.

Even MORE impressive are griever73's nightmare run on 1 credit! I converted those youtube videos to avis and saved them to my hard drive I was so impressed!

• 6 months later...

I liked those videos too, but they didn't help as much on the later stages where he had full weapon power and I had squat...

Here's a tip for mere mortal Soldner-X players like myself:

There are 3 places I found where you could sit through a fight in a safe spot without ever getting hit if you want to (like when you have no weapon strength whatsoever).

-Stage 3 miniboss: At the very top edge of the screen with the nose of your ship just to the left of the hundreds digit of your score.

-Stage 5 "Improve your score" fight right before miniboss (this is the fight where all of the enemies drop chain level bonuses): You can hide in the upper right corner between two icicles.

-Stage 5 miniboss: In the lower left there's one like spike sticking up next the ground that the little spore flower things sit on. If you make it look like your ship is balancing on that spike you will never get hit. You will need to shoot some spores though and at the end when the screen starts moving you will need to navigate through the minibosses to pass.

For both the ones on stage 5 make sure to pay attention at the end of the fight so you don't run into the wall when the screen starts moving.

• 1 month later...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/65/000.jpg Fierce Fighter (B)

Play for five minutes without losing any health.

It’s best to get this trophy on Beginner and on the first world. If you do that, you’ll have to survive almost all of the way through the jungle for this trophy.

I couldn't do this, I kept making stupid mistakes so I tried something else.

At the end of the first world, stay at the boss. Shot the 2 cannons but don't shoot the final part. For a few minutes some other enemies will appear at the upper half of the screen but they eventually stop spawning. When that happens, just keep avoiding the boss' bullets for 5 minutes and trophy! :)

No chance of me getting 100% but the guide was very helpful!

• 4 weeks later...
Why in the name of God this game is so ridiculous hard? I took weeks trainning on how to not lose a ship on World 2. This game is absolutely frustrating unless you are a trophy hunter. Great guide, anyway! I see you had a lot of work there. Thanks.

Have you seen the videos of the one credit run on nightmare?? That's insane! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Suggestions for the trophy guide:

Kettenfahrzeug destroyed:

Add a link to a video showing how to kill the boss.

Windgeist defeated:

Add a link to a video showing how to kill the boss.

Also add videos showing how to kill level 2 and 3 bosses.

Combo Mania:

I found an easy way to rack up combos and kills. Replay training mode level 3, the first part (the one with debris, before the maze). Just replay it, destroy debris with the Beam and Bow. More info here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3537942-post12.html

Destroyer / Galaxy Superstar:

I found an easy way to rack up combos and kills. Replay training mode level 3, the first part (the one with debris, before the maze). Just replay it, destroy debris with the Beam and Bow.

Also Destroyer trophy description should refer to Galaxy Superstar.

Hidden Passage / Ultimate Key Collector:

These videos helped me tremendously.

World 1:

World 2:

World 3:

World 4:

Thanks to KingSuperOne (for the vids) and Ganondorf729 (for the guide).

Fierce Fighter:

Needs more details on how to get this in the easiest most efficient way.

Found these resources and tips.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/65112-post7.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/157478-post8.html

Impossible unlocked / Nightmare unlocked:

Add a link to video(s) showing how to get this insanely hard trophy.

Found some resources:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3005111-post12.html

Thanks for the guide, keep up the good work!

This game needs more resources on how to beat and 100%, it's a great overlooked game and the guides/tips/resources are scarce, let's pool up our knowledge people! :)

Edited by RyujiSakujo
typesetting

I've gathered some data and calculated using it to streamline the process of getting these 2 trophies (rather than just play the game over 30 times = for 30 hours).

Here's the data:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16952797/temp_stuff/soldnerx_kills_chains_data_RyujiSakujo_2013-04-15.xls

What I've done is I've started the Training and played the first part of World 3, then I exit to the main menu and repeat. The "time section" of the spreadsheet is the time taken between selecting "World 3" in Training and returning to the main menu after the first part of the stage. What I mean by "first part" is the part with the debris that cover the whole screen until the cutscene which starts with the words "Approaching the asteroid belt, our pilot...". At that point you enter the second part of World 3 and face a miniboss, this is when I exit to the main menu, just after the cutscene and before the miniboss appears.

If we take a look at "two points of time" in the data, namely the first two rows, we can see that I went from 55225 enemies killed to 59305 enemies killed in 7 minutes 45 seconds. We can also see that I went from 1213 chains to 1288 chains.

If you use those figures and calculate (if I've done it right...) you should arrive at the conclusion that it would take 9hrs30min to go from 0 kills to 300k kills (Galaxy Superstar), and 5hrs9min to go from 0 chains to 3k chains (Combo Mania).

This of course means that you have to keep an average score of 4080 kills and 75 chains in those 7min45sec runs. It's a tedious and monotonous way of getting the trophies but it should be 3 times faster than playing the game over and over again!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks dude. I'll get as many of these added as I can while redoing the guide. It needs to be completely redone from top to bottom. Finding videos will be the toughest part. I might have to make them myself.

Thanks for the effort man!

Yep, this game doesn't have a lot of videos or resources, if I find any I'll post them here. Thanks again!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here's the data:

May I ask how you can get 4080 kills in each run? :eek: I can't seem to go over 3000-3200 :think: Even with 3000, it's still much faster than doing 30 entire playthroughs lol but if I could add up the extra 1000 that I'm missing, that'd be better xD

EDIT: as always I end up asking stuff in dead threads :p Anyways very rarely I managed to reach 4k kills in 1 run but what you have to do to at least reach 3k-3.5k is to focus on asteroids and shoot only the enemies that get in your bullets' way. Crash into asteroids and also die if necessary. As Ryuji said, use Beam or Bow to destroy them (Beam looked better to me but when it has to cool down switch to Bow). Focus on the spots where there are more asteroids collected together and also use shockwaves when you are surrounded by them.

Edited by ThanatosNinja2
notification