Combo mania Q

I simply cannot understand how to accumulate chains. Can someone please explain to me how to rank up chains. I've been playing this game for months and still only managed 346 chains.

Is the chain the little bonus with a chain inside? Because those don't appear very often...only 10 or 20 per level. Or am I missing something?

Yeah, you get a chain each time you switch your weapon when the chain bar at the bottom is in the green. It takes a long time to get this one, I'm rank 10 or something and I still only have like 1,800 chains. You just have to play this game a lot to get it.

Edited by Vyrastas

some didnt take the time to actually read the tutorial

I agree... a lot of gamers just dive into new games without trying tutorials or reading the instruction manuals. I come across this kind of thing all the time in the photography world (I'm a freelance photographer), and lots of guys are asking the same dumb questions (where do I change the white balance, or what's ISO?)

/facepalm

~ squodge ~

• 2 weeks later...
I agree... a lot of gamers just dive into new games without trying tutorials or reading the instruction manuals. I come across this kind of thing all the time in the photography world (I'm a freelance photographer), and lots of guys are asking the same dumb questions (where do I change the white balance, or what's ISO?)

/facepalm

~ squodge ~

Welcome to the modern world, where everyones life is so fast paced they dont read the instructions, therefore creating more waste of time then if they had read the instructions

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You have to change weapons when the bar is green. When the bar turns green there's a distinct noise. That's your signal to change weapons. When you change weapons, the bar resets, but the number on the chain bar increases.

Say you start out with 0/2 on the bar.

When the bar turns green, you change weapons. The bar goes back to empty, but now it displays 1/2. When it turns green again, change weapons again and it will display 2/2.

Also, if you're fast enough, you can change weapons twice and not lose your chain.

For instance, most of the time I prefer to use the multishot, so when the bar turns green, I quickly hit R1 to change weapons and increase my chain, and then quickly hit L1 to go back to my multishot.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

• 2 years later...

A good level to get chains is level 3 (the one with space debris), just replay it over and over in training mode.

As SuperNova69 explained, switch weapon (or switch forth and back to ur current) with the L1/R1 buttons (default control).

Make sure to do it as soon as the chain gauge bar in the lower-right turns green to increase your chain counter, and make sure that the gauge doesn't fill completely (will be fully green, fading into red at the end) because this will reset the gauge (same effect as changing weapon when the gauge is blue).