XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > S (PSN) > Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer

Old 06-22-2009, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Unhappy Combo mania Q

I simply cannot understand how to accumulate chains. Can someone please explain to me how to rank up chains. I've been playing this game for months and still only managed 346 chains.
Is the chain the little bonus with a chain inside? Because those don't appear very often...only 10 or 20 per level. Or am I missing something?
Ptitfous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

is a really farm trophy...even focussing chains u can get only 150+ per playthrough

a chain is when u full a weapon bar (bottom right) and switch to another one
Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Awards Showcase Vy's Glow in the Dark Role Playing Mix   Staff - Administrator   Bright Idea!   Helping Hand   Jack of All Trades   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   10,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Gold Submission
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Yeah, you get a chain each time you switch your weapon when the chain bar at the bottom is in the green. It takes a long time to get this one, I'm rank 10 or something and I still only have like 1,800 chains. You just have to play this game a lot to get it.

Last edited by Vyrastas; 06-25-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Vyrastas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Gravity_Disaster

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

someone didnt take the time to actually read the tutorial

Last edited by Gravity_Disaster; 07-12-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Gravity_Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity_Disaster View Post
some didnt take the time to actually read the tutorial
I agree... a lot of gamers just dive into new games without trying tutorials or reading the instruction manuals. I come across this kind of thing all the time in the photography world (I'm a freelance photographer), and lots of guys are asking the same dumb questions (where do I change the white balance, or what's ISO?)

/facepalm

~ squodge ~
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Gravity_Disaster

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   I Beat the Staff!!!!   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
I agree... a lot of gamers just dive into new games without trying tutorials or reading the instruction manuals. I come across this kind of thing all the time in the photography world (I'm a freelance photographer), and lots of guys are asking the same dumb questions (where do I change the white balance, or what's ISO?)

/facepalm

~ squodge ~
Welcome to the modern world, where everyones life is so fast paced they dont read the instructions, therefore creating more waste of time then if they had read the instructions
Old 10-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Admittedly, the tutorial doesn't clearly explain what chain levels do - only how they are acheived.
Ranemoraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to megaman80

guess i gonna try the tutorial, but i know im supposed to switch when its green, and confused when it gets complete and goes back to 0 again
megaman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to megaman80

i checked tutorial, but chain still goes back to 0 when i get a chain complete blinking in right corner... i try to change weapon it goes back to 0, and if i just keep firing nothing changes
megaman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to SuperNova69

You have to change weapons when the bar is green. When the bar turns green there's a distinct noise. That's your signal to change weapons. When you change weapons, the bar resets, but the number on the chain bar increases.

Say you start out with 0/2 on the bar.

When the bar turns green, you change weapons. The bar goes back to empty, but now it displays 1/2. When it turns green again, change weapons again and it will display 2/2.

Also, if you're fast enough, you can change weapons twice and not lose your chain.

For instance, most of the time I prefer to use the multishot, so when the bar turns green, I quickly hit R1 to change weapons and increase my chain, and then quickly hit L1 to go back to my multishot.

Hopefully that all makes sense.