Rate the trophy difficulty...  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.13

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

I was alternating between 6 and 7.

Personally I would give it a 6 but finally voted 7 because I believe I'm actually pretty good at these kind of games.

The final challenge to get 14 challenges done can be pretty hard because you have to choose at least one of the more difficult ones. The trophy challenges can also be a bit frustrating / challenging.

But in comparison to the first game, getting 100% is a walk in the park. xD

I voted a 6, and estimated it as a 6 for the Trophy Guide as well. The challenges are fairly straightforward and present enough variety to cater to each person's style. The only real difficult trophy in this game is Key Explorer, which requires more persistence than actual skill. Ditto for "Can't Hide From Me."

Definitely not as hard as the 9-10 rating the original deserves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Voted a 5.

Coming straight from Söldner-X this is not hard but some of the challenges can be tricky.

For example, I had to repeat "Speed Gunner" over 30 times only because I didn't bother using the Spread weapon at first.

Picking the correct ship and weapon for a specific challenge makes all the difference.

• 1 year later...

6 for main game, 8 for DLC: I vote 7. Action Fan was the hardest thing about the main game, though if I were to play it again after doing the DLC it'd be immensely easier. I think after doing Rank Master I could even do Action Master. Rank Master and Hellfire were what made the DLC hard, though Rank Master was easier than expected. Rank Master took me 14 attempts (though about 6 of those were accidentally on Massive Attack difficulty thanks to Hellfire :whistle:), and Hellfire took 48.

• 6 months later...

Core game would be a 3.5 but DLC pushes it to a 5/10, which I have just submitted.

Core game is really lenient and easy. When reading the challenges descriptions for the 1st time, I got scared they were going to be too hard, however after trying them, I realized I had gotten worried for nothing. Keys can be annoying because some of them are luck-based but the Extra Hard trick makes key hunting much more manageable. The 12 challenges were also easy and Vita version gives you a slightly easier time since the co-op challenge has been replaced by the Graviton challenge, which is super easy. Mexxus II's Magma, Spread and Bow are more than enough to get all trophies on core game.

DLC trophies are definitely harder but not too much. After 11 attempts at Hellfire on one of my bus trips, I decided to try it at home and made it on my 4th attempt (I followed the guide's strategy). Rank Master was easier and did it on my 3rd attempt: using Mexxus II's Bullet weapon makes it much easier than due. I had a bit more trouble on Stage Keys, because Stage 9 5th key has that goddamn spawn probability and it didn't appear for 5 times in a row :mad:. The hardest challenge for me was Route Planner: I decided to choose this one over the Keys Guide challenge, although I believe Keys Guide would have been easier lol. Route Planner requires memorization and tight maneuvering (used Bullet weapon here too) and it took me a bit less than 20 tries.

The game may be harder if you haven't played the 1st Soldner but it's an easy-average and fun 100% overall :)

• 1 year later...

4/10 for basic game

6/10 for DLC

Getting specials from dlc reduce a lot difficult of the main tropheys. One extra life and some others bonuses make action fan too easy. And this challenge is the hardest in base game.

Dlc challenges look at first quite hard, but with little practice and learning the safe places they bacome easy. Finished hellfire(the hardest challenge in tropheys) in 21 attempts, after learning the path i finished this challenge again in a few attempts just for fun. For the first wave take an upper path at 11 clock. I move there only in horizontal direction. 2d wave is the only hard part of this challenge. Try to stay between 8-10 clock and in the end of the wave move to the bottom, its easier to dodje there. In the 3d wave stay a 9 clock and it really hard to die in this part.

• 1 year later...

5/10, the only challenge from the game is the Hellfire challenge which I managed to clear it rather quickly by staying on the bottom of the screen the whole time and of course dodging the incoming bullets, the other annoying stuff comes from the RNG on getting the keys, specially for stage 6,7 and 10. Other than that, there wasnt anything I remember to be a little annoying. WAY better than its prequel too and of course a TON easier :p

• 1 year later...

This is a 4/10 for base game and 3/10 for the DLC. I didn't find the DLC any harder, and the keys were much worse in the base game; also the DLC gives you abilities that can help with other challenges. This game is much easier than the first game and also much better in general. It plays much more like a traditional shmup, there is significantly less obnoxious environmental hazards, the enemies are way more balanced and less spongy (no more masses of enemies creating a wall of bullets), the game is way less punishing if you die (you don't lose 80% of your damage if you lose your multi shot), enemies are not nearly as fast and erratic, your hitbox/ship appears smaller, the screen is larger and powerups don't just drift off within seconds, weapons no longer run out of energy nor do you need to switch for chaining, bosses have cues before they move, and you can take more damage before dying on higher difficulties. 

The only real obstacle here are challenges and keys. For the challenges, many of them are easy and you can do many on your first try and none took more than a few tries. I would recommend clearing some of the DLC challenges first as they give you an extra ship and make you heal in Berserk quicker, so they can make the rest of the challenges even easier. The supposed hardest challenge, the Hellfire challenge was an absolute joke and I got it on my second attempt, you just simply hold fire and dodge very slow and predictable patterns, although some of the other ones did take some practice. Finding the keys can be very tedious with incomplete guides and horrible spawn rates, but you can use either the Extra Hard method or just play through on Beginner not getting hit and fortunately you can quit right out after finding one. 

I was thinking it maybe deserves a higher rating, but none of the challenges took more than 30 minutes of practice and most will be done on the first couple tries. The only "hard" part was the keys, which are just extremely boring and tedious since a few hardly ever spawn or there are incomplete guides. It's very annoying playing the level and meeting the requirements over 10 times in a row and the key never spawns once; the spawn rate is definitely not 50% lol. Great game though aside from the obnoxious keys. 

• 3 months later...

I think it is a 6/6.5 but voted 6.

Personally I think the DLC is easier than the main game, Hellfire only took me 11 attempts but speed gunner took me a lot of attempts but only because I stupidly tried to prioritise killing everything over self preservation and losing my score multiplier. Route planner can also be a pain.

The challenge in this game is the 12 base game challenges and the 35 Base Game keys can be a pain in the ass - especially 5-5 (16 chains) and 7-5 (random spawn at B rank).

Ended up beating the following for the 12 challenges:

Survivor, the invincible, action Fan, chain expert, collector, assassin, profiler, key guide, little gunner, rating expert, rating master, bow knowledge. I wanted ultimate space rouge but burned my last life at the last stage of the last boss and didn't go again. Bow knowledge is a pain in the ass especially against the stage 5 boss which takes FOREVER.

If you have a local player for coop it would be a touch easier as you could replace bow knowledge, rating master or key guide with the coop challenge.

Fun game and nice change of pace. A good, manageable entry into the bullet hell genre.

I might think about Himmelsturmer at a later time.

Edited by Furious Gargoyle