which ship do you use the most?

i used the thor last night on my first play through and i'm about to try the mexxus II to see how that works out and if there's any difference.

any ideas on what the third ship is? and how you might unlock it?

(man that little card on the left here is so out of date)

Edited by vix

I used to use the Mexxus 2 almost all the time, I love the Magma cannon. Now I'm using Ship 3.

Ship 3 is [spoiler=ship3]Final Prototype: Soldner-X, basically the ship from the first game. The weapons seem identical too.

To get it, you have to beat the challenge "Assassin" (beat stage 4 in under 7 minutes and 45 seconds). I unlocked it after getting to pilot level 7, which was around 16,000 kills. I don't know if you need to beat other stages or challenges aswell, but I had beaten stage 7 and completed 4 other challenges by the time I unlocked it.

My bad in posting this here. I should've started a new thread. Apologies extended.

Please disregard the following info:

Currently: Level 7 Regular Pilot

Enemies Killed: 16608

Chain Levels: 539

Collected Extras: 2299

Games Played: 24

Collected Chain rings: 37793

SECRET KEYS

Stage 1: Complete

Stage 2: Ultimate

Stage 3: Complete

Stage 4: Complete

Stage 5: Key #1, Key #2

Stage 6: Complete

Stage 7: Not Unlocked Yet

Challenges Completed

Survivor

Rating Expert

Edited by matlock49g
You're right Vix

Once you've got Ship 3, use the Bow laser when it's fully powered up (or close to it, anyway). Point-blank, it's unbelievably overpowered. It's painful to aim at range, though.

And that last bit is precisely why Bow Knowledge is such a royal pain in the ass. Some of my boss battles were 7-10 minutes long. In swarms though, it's unmatched.

And that last bit is precisely why Bow Knowledge is such a royal pain in the ass. Some of my boss battles were 7-10 minutes long. In swarms though, it's unmatched.

Absolutely. It's great in certain situations (as are most of the weapons), but the stage 5 boss with the Bow laser? Ugh, never again.