NO! Impossible! Not another one!

• 3 months later...
I can't understand why they would make a sequel to this horrible shooter? The first game was HARD AS BALLS, not because it was genuinely hard like Mushihimesama or ESPGaluda, but because the CONTROLS were atrocious.

not because its hard mean its horrible the first game wasnt that hard only like the last 2 last stage was crazy hard you cant compare that game with something like mushihimesama or ESPgaluda its sooo not the same thing now with the second one yeah its kinda look like the same and i cant wait to get it and the controls i found nothing bad with it

The controls were fine, the big problem was you always felt too weak, and dieing was the practically the same as a game over if you lost all your weapons. The pc version had this problem too, then they patched it to make it easier, and even more for the psn release, and even more for the psn patch! Hopefully they learned their lesson by now...

The controls were fine, the big problem was you always felt too weak, and dieing was the practically the same as a game over if you lost all your weapons. The pc version had this problem too, then they patched it to make it easier, and even more for the psn release, and even more for the psn patch! Hopefully they learned their lesson by now...

I had an interview with the devs a few months ago... Soldner-X 2 will have a dynamic difficulty system to prevent the frustration from the first game. I'm looking forward to this game!

I had an interview with the devs a few months ago... Soldner-X 2 will have a dynamic difficulty system to prevent the frustration from the first game. I'm looking forward to this game!

Dynamic Difficulty System, (DDS), now that sounds cool and is a great idea! :applause:

The first one was too repetitive for me to want to play through it all again to try to beat Hard, and then Impossible. I understand that shmups aren't supposed to have a level select - but that wouldn't be such a problem if the levels weren't so incredibly long (and thus rather tedious).

As mentioned, if you died it was as good as game over since you were too weak to progress through the rest of the game. The only shmup I can think of where you didn't lose your weapons when you died was Xenon II. And I believe Morpheus on the C64 was more dynamic - you only lost the weapons that were physically hit by too many bullets, which kind of makes sense.

I'll look forward to Soldner-X 2. I hope it's still a toughie, but I don't want ultra-long and boring levels; and a proper level select wouldn't go amiss (the training mode isn't the same).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...