Rate the trophy difficulty.  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.64

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45
Updated average.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a tactical fussiness about the game which is off putting to most. Couple that with a lack of a coherent rank system and a 3-game old fan base which is intolerant to new players and you are left with a rather low number of crappy people at the game to get easy kills from. That being said, if you can put up with the game long enough you eventually find a niche to fill and ignore any of the features you are uncomfortable with. In the time that it takes to max out whatever track you are most comfortable in, you will have had plenty of opportunity to fully embrace the controls and tactics of the game. With a decent bit of luck the last thing you will have to do is finish off the 5000 kill requirement and maybe boost up some hostage extractions. (You almost NEVER actually get the hostages out in real gameplay because some merc almost ALWAYS snipes them not realizing that the mercs lose if they kill the hostages.)

Time consuming? Sure. But once you have the basics of the game there isn't much more to it. As hard as it is to do that, I still don't see the trophies limited to an elite class of gamers the way they are in, say, Wipeout.

• 4 weeks later...

i gave it a 5

the only thing about it is that it is time consuming if u wanna do it all legit.

as for me, im playing this game intensly clanbased on sites like consolegaming and gamebattles so im going for legit! i have 11 throphys now some of wich im pretty proud like the marksman medal.

there is completely nothing to it if u boost it, as i said its only time consuming, and the fact that u need 4 people to get some trophys.

aside from all the bugs (wich should be gone after the 1.5 update) i find this game to be one of the best tactical shootergames there is.

way better then killsuck2

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 10, that is due to combination of time and skill required. I just got the platinum on this game, and it is my fifth it does not compare to other games, requires huge amount of skill, dedication, and teamwork online to obtain.

I gave it a 10, that is due to combination of time and skill required. I just got the platinum on this game, and it is my fifth it does not compare to other games, requires huge amount of skill, dedication, and teamwork online to obtain.

wow, i see you as a god if you did it legit.

LOL I am no God, but I did get it legit. That being said I have played Socom since month 1 of Socom 1, and I am in a very good clan, so it was easier for me than some random player who just picked up the game.. we won alot, and I got a 20% MVP percentage.. so yeah it was hard took a couple months, but I still play and am awaiting the next patch.

10 definately, and the fact that you can only try and get them on ranked mode, which you cant respawn, takes the piss more.

Whoever says the trophies are easy are clearly just kidding themselves and trying to make evryone think they are good. 'sigh'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it a 7

I have the platinum its really not that difficult just time consumming as 99% is stat accumilation so most should get eventuallly.

reason for giving it a 7 is main issues u will have is hostage extractions as you 150 and convincing ur team not to kill the last guy so u can extract is often very difficult or the last commits suicide.

As for the part silver star the 15 kills without taking damage. I got that with one hell of alot of luck. I wasnt trying and i wouldnt recommend trying as ull prob get it when ur going for other stuff anyway.

one not on this even though it says consecertive kills i still think it has to be in one map as when i did get it it was on Kasbah i went 16-0 and then the next map i made a few more kills but onmy stats it didnt go up higher than 16 consectertive kills so even if its ment to be across maps it just doesnt count.

Edited by Lucifa_UK

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry but this game deserves a difficulty rating of one.

It's time consuming. THAT IS ALL!

just get a ton of kills and hostage rescues, and bomb arm/disarms.

THAT ALL THE TROPHIES REQUIRE!

This game got wrongfully got a hard rating imo.

There is absolutely no trophy in this game that is unattainable!

It's just insanely time consuming.

• 1 month later...

JUST GOT THE PLATINUM TROPHY!!! :D

Most of the trophies i did legit, i believe about 75% of all the achievements ingame i did this way, if not more.

Gave a 10, it's insanely hard.

With all the cheaters in this game, it's close to impossible, unless you are crazy like me.

The platinum club topic is closed, so i want to thanks the following people:

LSD-Cowboy, AstroDuck, ConorBL4, canana32, discodoran, shadyjase, lachio, TheGunners1 (this guy helped me A LOT, but vanished weeks ago, don't know why)...

There is more, sorry if i forgot someone!!

Edited by Pimenta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...