SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Is this game really that bad?

I played Socom 2 a lot, about 1000 hours. Socom 3 wasn't that good and I didn't play it much (of course if they would've updated it in EU, too). Now this seems interesting because there are some classics from Socom 2. However many reviewers have given this bad scores and many people have sayed that this game is horrible. Is this game really that bad? This is on sale on PSN and new DLC just came so I was thinking about buying this. Is it similiar to Socom 2?

this game was terrible upon launch, and going for about a good year of just crap! but with the last patch and the new cold front dlc pack its finally come together as an awesome game. only complaint now is all the campers on the new maps lol gotta go allll they was across the map to get into a gunfight only to get bumrushed by 4 guys hiding behind their spawn.

I may pick this game back up later down the road if I start hearing better reviews but when I played it a couple months ago, it was horrible. I think most likely because I'm SO used to Call of Duty that is was a totally different game for me. Frustrating trying to get lined up for a shot when I would just die on the spot. Also, I was getting kicked out of games left and right. Sold the game back the same night I bought it.

Should've listened to Blackwido. For those who don't know who he is, he is a guy who bashes SOCOM and is pretty much on point and pretty damn hilarious. Check out his YouTube vids.

If they (gaming sites) would re-rate the games, I may pick it up if it meets my standards but for now, it's not a must-buy unless the online community is dying pretty quickly.

socoms always had a vote first ask questions later mentality.. it is hard for new people to fit in due to the fact that it is run by its users but so long as your friendly you'll be ok, find a clan and stick withit.. with out a clan you will be spending more time being voted out of rooms than playing.

I love the challenging trophies, but I hate 3rd person shooters. If this was FPS I would be all over it. I even have a copy of this game from the headset included. And sadly 0% trophies cuz I never gave it a chance. I wish other games like MW2 had challenging online trophies like this game has.
Time consuming =/= Challenging

Okay maybe not so much challenging, but at least you could feel like your earning something while killing thousands of people online. I can't even finish my plat on MW2 because everytime I pop the game in I'm addicted to online play and completing challenges. I'd rather earn stupid titles and emblems on a game I love compared to earning trophies on a game that I'm not into, what's wrong with that picture?

I love the challenging trophies, but I hate 3rd person shooters. If this was FPS I would be all over it. I even have a copy of this game from the headset included. And sadly 0% trophies cuz I never gave it a chance. I wish other games like MW2 had challenging online trophies like this game has.

Sounds to me, that you need a lethal dose of Bad Company! :whistle::applause:

• 3 weeks later...

Reviewers gave it a bad rating because it was very laggy during its first few weeks of release. I think it's an under rated game, but takes a fair while to get used to. I regret buying it as I suck at it. But for $3 on ebay [yes, really!] it is worth trying

Reviewers gave it a bad rating because it was very laggy during its first few weeks of release. I think it's an under rated game, but takes a fair while to get used to. I regret buying it as I suck at it. But for $3 on ebay [yes, really!] it is worth trying

Indeed! socom is not a forgiving game but it feels great to master the game:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...