SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Why socom sucks going legit!!!

yeah i get really sick of hearing the word nigger every 5 words from majority of the players, and some people argue so much and vote people out all the time and take it way too seriously, i play a lot and im competetive but i know its just a game, im not gonna start arguing with everyone all the time

I completally agree with you on the clan thin. I'm in a clan, but we are mostly guys who are freindly (even to outsiders), courteous, and mature. If you act like a dickhead in my clan, you will be spoken to. Our clan rules:

If any member of the 501st Elite is found to be abusing these guidelines, that member could be removed from the clan immediately and indefintely.

In Game Rules

1. When you win act like you have done it before. When you lose make sure you lose with dignity. Remember you are representing the 501st Elite.

2. Respect for others in party and in game is mandatory. Abusive or derogatory comments towards party members will not be tolerated. Screaming and yelling does not get it done.

3. Trash talking prior to game is prohibited. Trash talking makes no one look good. Do not instigate trash talking through psn messaging.

4. Glitching in ranked games, GB's, league wars or anyother clan related activities is prohibited.

5. Lobby and game communications : Follow your tactical officer and obey field commands. Following orders is what is expected of you.

6. No quiting during ranked games, GB's, or league battles. We don't quit on you, you don't quit on us. If you quit during a game, don't show back in the lobby expecting to play.

7. Sexual harrassment will not be tolerated, zero tolerance. You will be expelled from the 501st.

8. No foul or abusive language, dropping of the f-bomb, or any other offensive slang.

Children are listening. Keep it clean

If every clan out there adopted these rules, this community would be a LOT better.

Totally agree. The Socom community SUCKS, even the brazilian players 99% are assholes, i absolutely HATE them. Bunch of stupid cheaters who think they are GODS of Socom or something.

But still i tried very hard to doing this legit, but my clan is very small and most of the time i played alone. Most of the trophies i did legit, but with 170+ "early exits" (90% because of disconnects and bugs in the game), i'm really tired of this game and want to boost some kills to get platinum ASAP.

i only need 3 more trophies and ive done everything except hostage extractions legit, im at like 120 hours played though lol, sitting at 3200 kills so still need quite a few to go for that last gold trophy, then my other 2 are just the 2 SMG silver trophies

Don't let the community turn you off about this game. It is a lot of fun at times, and kills are much more satisfying than a FPS if you ask me. Nothing like lining that guy up in your sniper site and taking them down with a headshot.

i have no doubt that some clans such as yourselves adhere to those rules, all clans and people who play this should be bound to it, unfortunatly its not just a minority of clans that are ass holes it seems to be alot of them that ive met along the way, trying not to let it put me off my socom experience though, so attempted another couple of matches legit, yeah they went well, got through 5 matches and for some reason a guy team kills me as soon as i was about to lift the bomb in demo, seriously whats with these pricks! there really should be a way to turn off friendly fire for all our sakes in some ranked games although i do think it would take away the quality of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

This game is just broken. Its so bad. You go play other games and then come back to Socom after a few months and you get this feeling............. the feeling of your rolling around in a pile of garbage. Its like you go drive a brand new car and then your told you have to drive a 1985 Yugo.

Takes forever to throw a nade

Nades dont go thru windows, you have to aim the nade arch above the window just to toss it thru

Nades wont kill more than 3 ppl at a time

Run button get stuck

Shitty guns

Major lagg issues

and not to mention the A55holes. Holy sweet F**K people can be D!cks. They vote non stop. You kill your own team mate by mistake, like they run into your bullets or in front of your snipe and you get voted before you can explain what happened.

Ive been a Socom player since Socom 2 and this is by far the worst Shooter game for the PS3. Its sad to say it tho because this is the BEST shooter for grafix ive ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't let the community turn you off about this game. It is a lot of fun at times, and kills are much more satisfying than a FPS if you ask me. Nothing like lining that guy up in your sniper site and taking them down with a headshot.

I'd agree with you entirely the community is a group of idiotic dbags, but there are some nice people like the guys in my clan... no matter what retarded thing we talk about.:D

LOL.....

Socom has always been like this. Honestly Socom attracts the worst type of gamers around imo.

You might find a mature/friendly guy every 1 in 100 games but for the most part they are complete assholes.

We're like that because SOCOM is the most hardcore shooter out there, by far. The reason why people think we're assholes is because 80% of the SOCOM players are past players from the previous entry S1-S2-S3-CA-Confrontation, so when new players come in rooms and don't have a clue what to do, you get the boot.

Is it that hard to join a few respawns or unranked room to get your gun skill down and learn the maps? I think not :)

Until then, you get the boot. Thats the way SOCOM has been, and will always be.

We're like that because SOCOM is the most hardcore shooter out there, by far. The reason why people think we're assholes is because 80% of the SOCOM players are past players from the previous entry S1-S2-S3-CA-Confrontation, so when new players come in rooms and don't have a clue what to do, you get the boot.

Is it that hard to join a few respawns or unranked room to get your gun skill down and learn the maps? I think not :)

Until then, you get the boot. Thats the way SOCOM has been, and will always be.

its pricks like you that should be strung up by the testicals and gutted, the game would be good if it wasnt for you fucking spastic socom fanboys, just remember when your fucking so called community gets smaller and smaller due to the fucking waste of space fucks like yourself putting everyone else off the fucking game, there will be no socom and then all you fucking cock suckers will start topping yourselves and by jesus i will look forward to that day!

This game is just broken. Its so bad. You go play other games and then come back to Socom after a few months and you get this feeling............. the feeling of your rolling around in a pile of garbage. Its like you go drive a brand new car and then your told you have to drive a 1985 Yugo.

Takes forever to throw a nade

Nades dont go thru windows, you have to aim the nade arch above the window just to toss it thru

Nades wont kill more than 3 ppl at a time

Run button get stuck

Shitty guns

Major lagg issues

and not to mention the A55holes. Holy sweet F**K people can be D!cks. They vote non stop. You kill your own team mate by mistake, like they run into your bullets or in front of your snipe and you get voted before you can explain what happened.

Ive been a Socom player since Socom 2 and this is by far the worst Shooter game for the PS3. Its sad to say it tho because this is the BEST shooter for grafix ive ever seen.

Don't like it, don't play it or look at the forums now quit bitching and go play some other lame ass shooter.

its pricks like you that should be strung up by the testicals and gutted, the game would be good if it wasnt for you fucking spastic socom fanboys, just remember when your fucking so called community gets smaller and smaller due to the fucking waste of space fucks like yourself putting everyone else off the fucking game, there will be no socom and then all you fucking cock suckers will start topping yourselves and by jesus i will look forward to that day!

Aw, sounds like someone's been voted out a few too many times...

Listen, we're really NOT that big of assholes, and we ask for little, simple things that players should do before buying ANY game. If you have no idea what your doing, go to an unranked room and learn the maps. If your gun skill sucks, then go to a respawn room and practice. That's all it is. Do you know how annoying it is when its like 4-1 and the opposing team has the bomb and the guy on our team, who clearly has never played before, is on the opposite side of the map? Is it really that hard to follow icons on a map? No. Just a little practice and common sense.

And your crazy to think the SOCOM fanbase is getting smaller, or will get smaller. The "hardcore" players have been around since SOCOM 1, it's not just on Confrontation. In fact I'd be willing to bet that besides Metal Gear Solid SOCOM is the biggest franchise Sony has. I mean Socom 2 & 3 have 2-3,000 players still on every night. Hell, I'm a SOCOM fanboy and I think Confrontation is by far the worst SOCOM title, and its still the most played online title on PSN (On an article I read a few months ago). The game is terrible, but people still play it because even a terrible SOCOM is better than almost every other shooter on the market.

And speaking of other shooters, that's where most people are disappointed by SOCOM and another reason why they get kicked from rooms. People come in a game thinking it's like COD4 run and gun when its the exact opposite.

So be mad at your skills kid, not at our community.

• 1 month later...
Aw, sounds like someone's been voted out a few too many times...

Listen, we're really NOT that big of assholes, and we ask for little, simple things that players should do before buying ANY game. If you have no idea what your doing, go to an unranked room and learn the maps. If your gun skill sucks, then go to a respawn room and practice. That's all it is. Do you know how annoying it is when its like 4-1 and the opposing team has the bomb and the guy on our team, who clearly has never played before, is on the opposite side of the map? Is it really that hard to follow icons on a map? No. Just a little practice and common sense.

And your crazy to think the SOCOM fanbase is getting smaller, or will get smaller. The "hardcore" players have been around since SOCOM 1, it's not just on Confrontation. In fact I'd be willing to bet that besides Metal Gear Solid SOCOM is the biggest franchise Sony has. I mean Socom 2 & 3 have 2-3,000 players still on every night. Hell, I'm a SOCOM fanboy and I think Confrontation is by far the worst SOCOM title, and its still the most played online title on PSN (On an article I read a few months ago). The game is terrible, but people still play it because even a terrible SOCOM is better than almost every other shooter on the market.

And speaking of other shooters, that's where most people are disappointed by SOCOM and another reason why they get kicked from rooms. People come in a game thinking it's like COD4 run and gun when its the exact opposite.

So be mad at your skills kid, not at our community.

Aint that the truth!!!!!:applause: ragilaaaaaa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I do like playing this game, i suck at it so get pised off soooo easily, tho it is because its not as easy as CoD! I still do the run and gun everynow and again, die, show people I'm clueless and only rearly get voted for it!

I dont mind the community at all, personaly IMO, other games have more pricks!