SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Server closure Jan 28th 2014

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
The Player numbers have fallen to a level where the servers are no longer economically viable. It also doesn't help that the developers went under last year.

Bah they are just greedy bastards. I was playing last night (i play every friday with a mate of mine) and there are always a minimum of 300 players still online.

300 for a old game sounds pretty solid to me but alas....

I will surely miss this game. Long time ago (galaxy far away) Socom 1 was the main reason that i bought a ps2. I was completely hooked and when part 2 came out, my headset grew attached to my head, almost playing 24/7 just to get the eagle rank.

Sure their were cheaters (as in almost every online game), glitches (spent some time beneath the stairs in crossroads, inside the crates on frostfire or on top of the mountain in nightstalker fighting fire with fire in a all out glitch war) and ofc the rank uppers in the mixer (lol at those stats, nr 1 with a kill/death ratio of 68/210 but with 4589 hostages extracted haha) but socom 2 still became the game that is still and will always be the game, closest to my heart.

After part 2 we got vehicles in 3 and combined assault, i wasnt a big vehicle fan but still i had a lot of fun sniping people out of their apc's (first the driver and then the machinegunner hehe) No sniper allowed? No problem m16a2 ftw!

Ps3 got released and i wasnt really excited about it , was playing a lot of world of warcraft at that time, but then Socom Confrontations came out. This was my signal to switch my undead female with a pointy stick for a Seal carrying a hk36 with frontgrip and supressor. Crossroads,Frostfire,Desert Glory and later Vigilance,Blizzard and Nightstalker, i was home again.

But like some nice lady once said, all good things must come to a end and the end has come.....

Never more IW80&m3 gauge discussions (those were really overpowered in 2)

Never more rushing the seals in Fish Hook.

Never more Clan Virus, cant beat them? Join them!

Never more a bomb rush in Crossroads.

Never more planting a pmn mine on top of a prone sniper, gl getting up heheh

Never more defending the sealbase in Crucible with my buddy. Give us both a sr25 sniper and we WILL hold that base together against 8 terrorists.

Never more claymore camping on the roof of the submarine base in chain reaction

Never more Clan DOC, if it aint dutch it aint much hahaha

Never more MVP: aaikippeknaai or Cloaca (my brother in arms)

Rose tinted glasses, holding on to what has been or afraid of change, you can call it whatever you want. i will call it: missing socom...

(yeah, u can still play socom special forces but tha aint real socom...)

Sorry for the wall of text but had to express my feelings somewhere hehehe

28 jan will be a sad day at least for me and my mate

A final note to my fellow dog of war, Cloaca or Coco for friends.

It has been an honor serving with you commander, i am your shadow.

Enemy down, Seals victorious forever..

:boom: