Socom 4 DLC out now

XniresistX

I don't know if anyone here is excited about this like I am but Socom 4 has some DLC out now, and it can technically be gotten for free. The DLC is comprised of 3 new multiplayer maps favoring 8 vs 8 players (I thank you zipper :applause:) called Red Line, Double Cross, and Driftwood. As well as a new gun for spec ops and insurgents, an M16 and AK47 respectively.

The DLC is free to purchase as long as you're a PS+ member, which we will all be soon, and you can keep the DLC as long as you entered the Socom PRO code from buying the game new. Here's the link from Sony's website if you're interested in reading the entire thing. Welcome Back to SOCOM 4 - With Free Maps and Weapons!

Socom 4 came with a Pro code? I bought the game new, where is this?

Update: Found it on the back of the game manual... damn and I was thinking of gettin that Pro DLC too, I woulda been so fuckin pissed. Thanks for pointin this out.

I got the game when it first came out so how do I get a hold of the Pro and also how can I get access to the New Map that came out today. I have downloaded and installed it so where do I go from here.

Socom 4 came with a Pro code? I bought the game new, where is this?

Update: Found it on the back of the game manual... damn and I was thinking of gettin that Pro DLC too, I woulda been so fuckin pissed. Thanks for pointin this out.

Damn $15 down the drain would have sucked, glad you found the code & no problem about pointing this out. Just trying to help out my fellow S4 players :)

how can I get access to the New Map that came out today. I have downloaded and installed it so where do I go from here.

Play the game, just like every map online you don't get to choose what map you want to play, you get a choice out of two that the game picks. Just cross your fingers that the map gets picked as a choice and that everyone picks it.

Edited by XniresistX

Damn $15 down the drain would have sucked, glad you found the code & no problem about pointing this out. Just trying to help out my fellow S4 players :)

Play the game, just like every map online you don't get to choose what map you want to play, you get a choice out of two that the game picks. Just cross your fingers that the map gets picked as a choice and that everyone picks it.

Wat does the SOCOM 4 Pro do anyways

Wat does the SOCOM 4 Pro do anyways

Its like Battlefield Bad Company 2's or Medal of Honor's online code, just not as gay. With BFBC2 & MOH if you bought the game used you have to pay something like $15 to be able to play multiplayer. With Socom 4 you can still play online without the code, you just don't get access to free DLC (like the run & gun and snipers game modes). Socom 4's website does a much better job explaining it.

Its like Battlefield Bad Company 2's or Medal of Honor's online code, just not as gay. With BFBC2 & MOH if you bought the game used you have to pay something like $15 to be able to play multiplayer. With Socom 4 you can still play online without the code, you just don't get access to free DLC (like the run & gun and snipers game modes). Socom 4's website does a much better job explaining it.

Oh I see. I already put in the code for that.

I wish they explained the crap when you turn on the game before you hit the main menu or somethin.

Most people like me dont go checkin on a specific game's website for such strange info like that, and we dont ever look at game manual's to see it by chance on the back of it.... I would have never known. xD

Same here. I wish they explain as well.

I wish they explained the crap when you turn on the game before you hit the main menu or somethin.

Most people like me dont go checkin on a specific game's website for such strange info like that, and we dont ever look at game manual's to see it by chance on the back of it.... I would have never known. xD

I completely agree with you, something like this should be better put out there. I myself would have never known about it if not by chance. When the PSN was coming back on state by state the banner image was for socom 4 so I clicked on it and learned about the pro code.

Hi all,

Ive got a question regarding the download content:

Ive imported socom 4 into the EU. Here the game is called socom: special forces.

In the store, I can only find socom: special forces content (and in the content it states that socom special foreces is needed to use the content). Can I use my socom 4 copy to play the special forces content? (it is the same game with different names...)

thank you.

Hi all,

Ive got a question regarding the download content:

Ive imported socom 4 into the EU. Here the game is called socom: special forces.

In the store, I can only find socom: special forces content (and in the content it states that socom special foreces is needed to use the content). Can I use my socom 4 copy to play the special forces content? (it is the same game with different names...)

thank you.

First thing is, I don't understand your first comment. Why wouldn't you buy Socom Special Forces for Europe if you live in Europe?

As far as I can tell about DLC, if the names of the game and DLC don't match then they won't work. It's not like it's going to break your system or ban you if you try downloading the DLC so I'd say just give it a try.

First thing is, I don't understand your first comment. Why wouldn't you buy Socom Special Forces for Europe if you live in Europe?

As far as I can tell about DLC, if the names of the game and DLC don't match then they won't work. It's not like it's going to break your system or ban you if you try downloading the DLC so I'd say just give it a try.

It is easy. If I buy a game through a USA website and import it, it costs about 20 EUR less. Therefore all my games are USA games.

I tried the code, but it did not work. I hope to solve the problem by making an USA account, and insert te code through that account.

It is easy. If I buy a game through a USA website and import it, it costs about 20 EUR less. Therefore all my games are USA games.

Well, that makes sense lol

I tried the code, but it did not work. I hope to solve the problem by making an USA account, and insert te code through that account.

Looks like you solved your own problem then, wish I could have helped out more :)

I hope to solve the problem by making an USA account, and insert te code through that account.

Confirmed.

Today I managed to make an USA account. I inserted the code and was able to download the add on (abandoned, ...) in the US store.

When I then logged on to my EU account, I was able to play with this new content.

Confirmed.

Today I managed to make an USA account. I inserted the code and was able to download the add on (abandoned, ...) in the US store.

When I then logged on to my EU account, I was able to play with this new content.

I got both versions of the game although my U.S. Navy SEALs one is Asian. But I got alot of promo stuff with it and I can use it with my Special Forces also. So there is definatley no region block on this content for anyone else wanting to know!

• 2 weeks later...