Hustle Kings: Snooker Game Pack DLC - Trophy Guide

Bendtner92

Overview:

Offline trophies: 4 (1 (B) 2 (S) 1 (G))

Online trophies: 2 (2 (B) 0 (S) 0 (G)) - Unobtainable

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 5-10 hours (depending on amount of boosting, experience with snooker beforehand etc.)

Number of missable trophies: None

Glitched trophies: None

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No, using special chalks do not disable trophies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/311/03.jpg Beat the Fish (B)

Beat someone at snooker who already has this trophy.

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

This trophy pretty much comes down to luck. It requires you to beat someone who has this trophy already and will be unlocked at the end of a match. From my experience the trophy is widely spread throughout the Hustle Kings community, although you might run in to people not having it. Alternatively you can go to the boosting thread and seek help there.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/311/03.jpg Snooker King (B)

Win 10 online snooker matches.

UNOBTAINABLE DUE TO SERVER CLOSURE

Straightforward. Remember that even though your opponent quits during the match, you still get the win, so it can be boosted quite easily in the boosting thread. Otherwise just enjoy the game and you'll it get early on anyway.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/311/03.jpg Snooker Loopy (B)

Snooker your opponent 5 times in a single frame of snooker.

Very tricky trophy actually. A snooker is when your opponent can't see the ball(s) he's supposed to hit. What you'll want to do here is to pot all the red balls but one (or do it on the yellow ball, green ball etc after all reds have been potted) and then snooker your opponent on it. Hard to get without boosting from my experience - go here for help.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/311/02.jpg Century Break (S)

Make a break of 100 or more in snooker.

See Maximum Break

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/311/02.jpg Snooker Champion (S)

Win the snooker tournament.

For this trophy you obviously need to start the snooker tournament.

The snooker tournament consists of 5 rounds. Round 1 is a best of one long aiming line match, so that should be a piece of cake. You will, however, have some more trouble in the rest, especially in the last 2 rounds where you only get a short aiming line to work with. We all know that a snooker table is quite huge and a short aiming line is almost equal to none here. So winning the last 2 rounds can be huge pain.

To finish them, you will need to hope that you don't run out of position too often. Position is the key with short aiming line. Therefore focus a lot on every shot, and use a fair bit of extra time on each shot - even if it's a easy pot - use some extra time to get the perfect position for the next shot.

There's one other thing that you can do though. You have unlimited uses of your normal chalk, but you can buy some special chalks in the Hustle Kings Store (located in game). A pack of 25 uses costs 2$, so it's up to you if you want to spend that. The chalk you would want to buy is of course the Eagle Eye chalk, which enables you to get a long aiming whenever you feel the need to.

If you buy the Eagle Eye chalk, use it whenever you run out of position. Also, if you have gotten to a later round in the tournament and you can see that you are about to lose the frame/match, you can quit the game (note: quitting to XMB, not quitting to the menu by pressing start and quit!). By doing this you both remain in the same round within the tournament and you will regain every chalk you used in that frame/match. Note that it autosaves inbetween frames, so if you're down 1-0 in frames, start the next frame, and then quits to XMB, you will still be down 1-0 and have lost the chalk used in that frame when entering the game again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/311/01.jpg Maximum Break (G)

Get a 147 maximum break in snooker.

A 147 break in Snooker is achieved by potting all 15 reds, each one followed by the black, and then finally potting the 7 colors in the yellow > green > brown > blue > pink > black combination. To get this trophy you need a fair amount of both luck and skill, although it might sound harder than it really is. Go to Exhibition and start a snooker match against the CPU. Make sure that the aiming line is set to long.

If you're set to do the break-off, I suggest you restart the match and keep doing so until the CPU is the one breaking. Although it's very possible to get the trophy by doing the break-off I somehow found it easier when the CPU did it - could just be me though.

Anyway, let the CPU break, after which you should have a red to one of the corners at black. With long aiming line it's no problem potting the red, so focus a lot on getting a decent position on the black. With long line it doesn't matter if you run a little out of position on the black. Even if you can't see it, you should be able to pot it anyway. Continue potting reds followed by blacks until all reds are potted (you might have to break a possible remaining cluster of reds - do so in an ideal position on black, and do so early on in the break, so that even if the white runs far after the break on the reds, you still have reds to pot all over the table). Then clear the table by potting the colors, getting the 147 break on the black. In the process, you will also get Century Break.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some redundant formating and added notes regarding the server closure.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand what to do with Snooker Loopy.

English is not my usual language...

What do you mean by "A snooker is when your opponent can't see the ball(s) he's supposed to hit". I always "see" the balls in every configuration.

Do you mean that the position of the white ball prevent my opponent of hitting the right color in first. He has to use another ball or the edge of the table etc ...

I just have to try to place the white behind another ball and very very close.

But in that case I don't hit the right color and make a fault...

In brief can you give me another example.

Thanks in advance.

PS:Can we do it in a versus mode ?

Edited by -do_ob-

I don't understand what to do with Snooker Loopy.

English is not my usual language...

What do you mean by "A snooker is when your opponent can't see the ball(s) he's supposed to hit". I always "see" the balls in every configuration.

Do you mean that the position of the white ball prevent my opponent of hitting the right color in first. He has to use another ball or the edge of the table etc ...

I just have to try to place the white behind another ball and very very close.

But in that case I don't hit the right color and make a fault...

In brief can you give me another example.

Thanks in advance.

PS:Can we do it in a versus mode ?

You've caught the essence. A snooker is basically when the opponent can't hit the ball he's supposed to directly. He has to use the cushions (edges of the table as you said) to do it. Thats what I mean with "see" - as he can't "see" the ball directly.

I hope that helps. It is a difficult trophy though.

From my knowledge, it can be done in any mode.

OK done thx. :applause:

(In Versus mode with two controllers)

For information when you "snook" your opponent, "snooker" appears just above balls. Off course you need to see all the game phase. Don't use :circle: otherwise you can't see if it works. You need to count because the trophy pop at the end of the game and not just after the 5th "snooks".

No faults. Otherwise it's not a "snook". The difficulty is that you have to hit the good color before, then place the white in a position where your opponent cannot hit the ball directly.

Try with all the colors on the table. Obviously more there are balls on the table and more it's easy to hide the white. The easiest technique, for me, was to align the color balls in the middle of the table like a wall, a barrier (Don't care about the fault). Hit the last red with the white and try to put each ball on each side of the "wall". Then the second player put the white on the same side,etc...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx6iOBW4MSc]YouTube - Hustle Kings[/ame]

Edited by -do_ob-

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok two questions:

Can we attempt the maximum break trophy against a real person or does it have to be against the computer?

Can we miss a shot and still get Maximum break? By that I mean I pot a red ball then the black ball then miss my next shot, then my opponent misses their shot. I can still get the 147, but would it count since it wasn't all in succession?

• 1 month later...
Ok two questions:

Can we attempt the maximum break trophy against a real person or does it have to be against the computer?

Can we miss a shot and still get Maximum break? By that I mean I pot a red ball then the black ball then miss my next shot, then my opponent misses their shot. I can still get the 147, but would it count since it wasn't all in succession?

A bit late answer, but who you play against, when going for the maximum break, shouldn't matter.

For the other question, no. A break in Snooker is done in one single turn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

i dont understand snooker loopy, does this trophy pop during the game or after, how do you know when it even happens. lik right now it looks like i cant hit the ball as i have it surrounded by others, but i dont know if i have to hit it with something else for it to activate it once, and to do it 5 times when i dont even know if im doing it once is ridiculous lol

You need to put the cue ball in a place on the table where your opposition can't see the ball they're supposed to go for. As in if they hit the cue ball in a straight line towards the ball they have to hit they'd hit a different color first. The game says snooker after the cue ball rests after each shot if you've done it correctly. I found it easy with 2 controllers

You need to put the cue ball in a place on the table where your opposition can't see the ball they're supposed to go for. As in if they hit the cue ball in a straight line towards the ball they have to hit they'd hit a different color first. The game says snooker after the cue ball rests after each shot if you've done it correctly. I found it easy with 2 controllers

for some reason it never says snooker on my screen. except if i get a free ball and foul on it a sqare message comes up and says something about a snooker.

at the end of the match it says snookers mad, snooker escapes. and i got to 4 made, 3 escaped. but i never seen it during the match. its really confusing. i just keep trying to get the last red ball trapped around all the other balls

edit

i finally seen a snooker and got it

the reason i wasnt seeing it was mainly after i took a shot i was skipping the playout. as i let it play out, after your shot above one of the balls it will quickly flash snooker, with points above it. it flashes FAST.

the best thing for me to do was get down to one red ball like suggested. my mistake was trying to surround this ball in a corner of others. apparently the best thing to do was just keep hitting the last red ball multiple times all over the place trying to get it to land until it snookers enough to finish off the match

Edited by melodicmizery

• 11 months later...

After some testing with and without patches (on the EU version, I don't know if NA version is different), here are the results:

Unpatched: Snooker isn't in the game.

First patch: Snooker is in, but the game gets stuck on loading screen when you try to play a snooker game (exhibition or tournament).

Second, third and the fourth patches: It works fine. You can save your chalks by quitting to xmb before the last ball gets potted. The game saves the round you are at, but it doesn't save the result between frames. So if you quit to xmb when you are 2-0 ahead in frames, you'll be back at 0-0 and you will have lost the chalks you used in the first 2 frames.

Fifth patch and fully patched: You have to be online to be able to use chalks. So you can only use them on fully patched, and you lose them even if you quit to xmb.

And one of the most important things is that you can buy the special chalks (from the in-game store on a fully patched game), then back your save up and go to a lower patch such as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Play the game on one of these patches, save files are compatible. You'll get your chalks back when you reload your save. So get the chalks and use them for the base game career (Unpatched is fine for base game, actually it's better, because balls tend to go in on break when the game is unpatched. Doesn't work like that when it's fully patched. Haven't tested the middle patches for this). When you are done, reload your back up save and use them for the snooker tournament. When you are done, reload and use it for the 147 maximum break trophy.

Honestly, the fusion king chalk almost breaks the game. You're almost guaranteed a pot as long as you are careful. It is essential for harder opponents. But, as I tested and said before, the game doesn't save the frame score. So you can still quit to xmb as many times as you can for the first frame, but after you manage to get your first frame win and go 1-0 ahead, you need to beat the opponent legit. Chalks are essential for this part. Try not to use too many on the first few rounds, because you'll need them on the final round. And try not to use too many for the first frame win in each round since you can quit to xmb and save your chalks if you are about to lose.

Edited by emboliformis