This game is TERRIBLE !!!!

lewis1992

Firstly, I am just posting my own personal opinion on this game. Please respect my opinion and possibly leave this thread if you absolutely love this game. No offence is intended to anyone enjoying the game. Also, I have 100% completed similar titled like Motorstorm so please do not say that I am just rubbish at racing games.

I downloaded this game for free from the PSN (via PS Plus) with no higher expectations than any other PSN title. Within an hour, I turned it off. It was both boring and frustrating. Let's see why:

AI Opponents

It soon became obvious to me that there are approx 3 opponents in each level who have been suped-up if you start winning, meaning the races are RIGGED. If you're in the lead, don't expect to be there long. Also, to pass this racing-pros, you're going to have to basically have no faults in the entire race.

Getting Stuck

It's frustrating enough when you get stuck on the edge of something that just was NOT visible a second ago. It's worse when the game offers no way to reset you to the track (that I am aware of - if there is a way, it certainly doesn't tell you how!). This means you have to reverse and do a 3-point turn to continue on. Oh, you've now gone from 1st to LAST. Dandy.

Stunts

While the stunts system is initially very fun, it soon becomes boring when you realise you're doing the same few tricks again and again. Where is the variation?! Also, the levels are designed such that umbrellas and rooftops are very close to ramps! So you may fly over a ramp with good intentions, only to be whacked by an umbrella after getting 3 or 4 stars, fall to the ground the WRONG WAY UP, and end up just losing places in the race.

Other

Hitting pedestrians' legs will reward boost (YEY) BUT will stop you dead like a full-on crash, so you gain nothing.

Parts of the levels are designed so you can't tell what's coming until a second before. One level even has a ramp that should NOT be driven over otherwise you miss a vital corner and end up slamming into the boundary laser-wall.

While some trophies are easy to get (I got 3 on the first level alone), most will require much frustration for the above reasons to obtain.

If you want a GOOD off-road racing game, buy Motorstorm. Even if you pick it up second hand, it may still be cheaper than this poor PS2-remake.

I think this game was best left on the PS2.

(Once again, I ask you to respect my comments in this thread, as I will respect yours).

Edited by lewis1992

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...